Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 14th UK South-East "I have no idea what's going on" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
ThisOldHag
620 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 02, 2011 16:15 |  #3691

I'm restricting Milly to one room. I've removed all soft furnishings and will fumigate when she'd done hibernation. I will be speaking with the hedgehog lady to get flea spray recommendations. (I've had 3 showers already :-|)

www.CindyLouDale.com (external link)
Read my Blog (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links
Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 02, 2011 16:20 |  #3692

ThisOldHag wrote in post #13344014 (external link)
I'm restricting Milly to one room. I've removed all soft furnishings and will fumigate when she'd done hibernation. I will be speaking with the hedgehog lady to get flea spray recommendations. (I've had 3 showers already :-|)

don't blame you - fleas really are urgh ewww yuckkkk! hopefully hedgehog lady can give you good advice - I used flea powder on a hedgehog once but that was a desperate situation poor thing was really infested. hope the fleas don't go under the door!!!

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 02, 2011 16:22 |  #3693

Gundogs wrote in post #13343978 (external link)
I'm very happy you found her too, and the photo is dead cute. What are you doing about the fleas tho - your house, and your cats will be infested real quick if you don't deal with them on hedge Pig! I'm itching now!!!

I'm restricting hedge Pig to one room. I've removed all soft furnishings and will fumigate when she'd done hibernation. I will be speaking with the hedgehog lady to get flea spray recommendations. (I've had 3 showers already :-|)

Your welcome.

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

Gundogs
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 02, 2011 16:52 |  #3694

Sylvester XxX wrote in post #13344053 (external link)
Your welcome.

:lol:

my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

cforster
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 02, 2011 17:25 |  #3695

I guess you might be able to use a kitten flea drop on her ... But am sure the hedgehog lady will know. Love the photo .. So very cute!

Find Clare's gear here
Join the POTN SE thread
500px / (external link)Flickr / (external link) occassional blog / (external link) website (external link)

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Nov 02, 2011 17:32 as a reply to  @ cforster's post |  #3696

Sylvester XxX wrote in post #13343514 (external link)
Have you considered inserting some of you drawings in your photos?

funnily enough that's why I got into photography, I wanted to get reference for my scribbles & I did introduce some cartoons to my early photos - may have to resurrect that idea! :D

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 02, 2011 17:38 |  #3697

TCIK wrote in post #13344338 (external link)
funnily enough that's why I got into photography, I wanted to get reference for my scribbles & I did introduce some cartoons to my early photos - may have to resurrect that idea! :D

Do it.

Looking forward to the results (and 15%) :)

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

Layyz
901 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 02, 2011 17:38 |  #3698

I think the general rule is not to apply any spray to a hedge hog. You can apply some flea powder to the box they are in, but not directly on to them. i think u need to check with your contact first tho.. heres some information that i read a while back. http://www.britishhedg​ehogs.org.uk/FAQS/encl​osed_gardens.htm (external link)

My Flickr (external link)

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2006

Nov 02, 2011 17:43 |  #3699

Gundogs wrote in post #13344047 (external link)
don't blame you - fleas really are urgh ewww yuckkkk! hopefully hedgehog lady can give you good advice - I used flea powder on a hedgehog once but that was a desperate situation poor thing was really infested. hope the fleas don't go under the door!!!

cforster wrote in post #13344320 (external link)
I guess you might be able to use a kitten flea drop on her ... But am sure the hedgehog lady will know. Love the photo .. So very cute!

I remember when my wonderful old Jack Russell looked a bit ragged, I decided to give her an mot and took her to the vet. Vet said she had a heart murmer (spelling!?) and she was really old he said and she had a flea infestation, something which I suspected. I said, "ok, lets have the best flea killer for my dog, she's worth it" and my vet gave me a half litre of a spray gun flea killer.

I have to say, it sorted out the problem all right, one week later, it killed my lovely dog! A terrible day, which I can still remember.

Canon 20D, 7D +grip
16-35 F2.8 MKIIL; 10-22mm f3.5-4.5
18-55 F3.5-F5.6 kit lens, 70-200 F2.8 , L; 50mm F1.8 Kenko extension tubes; 430 Flash
Various filters, Diagonal Haoda focus screen, Canon 1.4 extender

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 02, 2011 17:59 as a reply to  @ post 13338725 |  #3700

Sharp-shooter wrote in post #13336081 (external link)
Party on. :) have a good time. Are you capturing the moment?

Jonathan wrote in post #13336201 (external link)
Wow, you're keen! Have a great time!

Party was entertaining thanks. Only took a handful of shots. It was quite fun, my friend likes to belly-dance and teaches it. Well, her friends were from her classes and they are having a show this Sat so some were trying their dresses on. Quite a bit of flesh was visible! I'm going to be taking some shots of them performing this sat. Not sure what to expect, but, should be different. The stage makeup I have been warned, can be quite severe!

Canon 20D, 7D +grip
18-55 F3.5-F5.6 kit lens, 70-200 F2.8 , L; 50mm F1.8 Kenko extension tubes; 430 Flash

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 02, 2011 18:15 as a reply to  @ post 13341518 |  #3701

A little request, to ask Jonathan & Cindy,.....

Could Milly/Miles please have her/his own Facebook page or blog pls. ;):D

Canon 20D, 7D +grip

Layyz
901 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 02, 2011 18:19 |  #3702

Mstar wrote in post #13344536 (external link)

excellent idea.. It would be great to hear the little prickly one's progress... :)

My Flickr (external link)

Gundogs
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 02, 2011 18:20 |  #3703

Mstar wrote in post #13344383 (external link)
Ivet gave me a half litre of a spray gun flea killer.

I have to say, it sorted out the problem all right, one week later, it killed my lovely dog! A terrible day, which I can still remember.

very sad and unfortunately not that uncommon a reaction. I lost a beloved dog to a vaccine reaction - she was 3 yrs old, became very ill shortly after, she died when she was 5 from an autoimmune disease called SLE (lupus) - brought on by the vaccine reaction.

Animals are so sensitive to chemicals :confused:

sorry off the photography subject. Back onto it - I shot a Chihuahua this evening :lol: haven't had a proper look at the pics yet, will post a few tomorrow I'm sure :rolleyes:;)

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 03, 2011 00:46 |  #3704

Mstar wrote in post #13344536 (external link)

I am very disappointed that you have sucum to the rebranding of Hedge Pig.

ThisOldHag
620 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 03, 2011 01:54 |  #3705

Mstar wrote in post #13344383 (external link)
..... it killed my lovely dog! A terrible day, which I can still remember.

How sad. It's heart breaking to hear such stories. Animals tend to creep into our hearts, dont they. I used a cheap spot-on type flea repellant on Baby (cat) a few years ago, when he was still new, and it permanently burnt his skin and removed the hair where it was applied.

That said though I'm sure 'hedge pig' Milly will be happy to be rid of her fleas soon.

www.CindyLouDale.com (external link)
Read my Blog (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links

622,416 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 14th UK South-East "I have no idea what's going on" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.