Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 03 Nov 2011 (Thursday) 08:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Google not finding me - PERIOD!

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,354 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 03, 2011 19:34 |  #16

Nightstalker wrote in post #13350426 (external link)
Well I have seen threads from this forum indexed and top 3 in Google serach within 20 minutes of their starting!!!

It can be instant.

True. I've seen Google index one of my blog entries within minutes of posting. :D

Images in the Backcountry (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

sponsored links
CAL ­ Imagery
Goldmember
3,375 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 03, 2011 19:39 |  #17

Todd Lambert wrote in post #13347884 (external link)
Meta tags are almost useless nowadays. They won't help you at all with Google.

I was referring toward keywords and whatnot on the actual pages, not keyword stuffing photos.

Christian

uOpt
Goldmember
2,283 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Nov 03, 2011 19:41 |  #18

Flash crap.

What do you expect? Don't use flash if you want your website to work-work.

My imagine composition sucks. I need a heavier lens.

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 03, 2011 22:09 |  #19

I switched markets and mentioned it in one post and by the next day I was on Page Four if you Googled "Chico, CA photographer". After my first Chico session I jumped to page one. Given, I'm at the bottom of Page 1, but still on Page 1! Then I loaded it with my website with my "target" phrase which is currently boudoir clients. Within a week I was the 5th (and 7th and 11th) results on Google. It CAN be pretty instant (like within a few hours even), you just have to do it right. And like PP said... Flash isn't the greatest for SEO from what I understand. I use Blogger and have a blogsite and can manipulate my Google ratings to whatever I want them to be in about a week. But I'm also from a smaller market with not a lot of competition who is using SEO the way I am.

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

Hikin ­ Mike
6,354 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 03, 2011 23:09 |  #20

PeaceFire wrote in post #13351279 (external link)
I switched markets and mentioned it in one post and by the next day I was on Page Four if you Googled "Chico, CA photographer". After my first Chico session I jumped to page one. Given, I'm at the bottom of Page 1, but still on Page 1! Then I loaded it with my website with my "target" phrase which is currently boudoir clients. Within a week I was the 5th (and 7th and 11th) results on Google. It CAN be pretty instant (like within a few hours even), you just have to do it right. And like PP said... Flash isn't the greatest for SEO from what I understand. I use Blogger and have a blogsite and can manipulate my Google ratings to whatever I want them to be in about a week. But I'm also from a smaller market with not a lot of competition who is using SEO the way I am.

Is this current? I just checked (I was bored) and I didn't see you on the first page. I found you on page 4. :confused:

Christopher ­ Steven ­ b
Goldmember
3,547 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 03, 2011 23:16 |  #21

^Perhaps for local searches (all that matters in this case) it's higher.

christopher steven b. - Ottawa Wedding Photographer

www.christopherstevenb​.com (external link)| Blog (external link)

John
Goldmember
1,405 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 03, 2011 23:52 |  #22

It takes a while for Google to "find" sites and start listing them in their search results even if you submit them directly it might take its bots some time to spider through your site.

It also depends on how many other sites are using similar keywords to identify their sites.

This unfortunately is not an overnight process.

john | gear | web hosting deal for POTN members!

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 04, 2011 17:35 |  #23

Hikin Mike wrote in post #13351437 (external link)
Is this current? I just checked (I was bored) and I didn't see you on the first page. I found you on page 4. :confused:

That's really weird. I just check again using Chrome and I'm still on the bottom of page 1. And halfway down page 3. And twice on page 4. I am Googling locally-ish (from Modesto, about 3 hours from Chico, I had some shoots here this weekend) so maybe that is making a difference.

But then when I Googled from Firefox I was on the first page twice- at the bottom like on Chrome but then also as the 8th result... so twice on the first page. Then I showed up again on the 2nd page but not the 3rd or 4th page.

I never realized that it matter what browser you used.

Hikin ­ Mike
6,354 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 04, 2011 17:43 |  #24

PeaceFire wrote in post #13355088 (external link)
That's really weird. I just check again using Chrome and I'm still on the bottom of page 1. And halfway down page 3. And twice on page 4. I am Googling locally-ish (from Modesto, about 3 hours from Chico, I had some shoots here this weekend) so maybe that is making a difference.

But then when I Googled from Firefox I was on the first page twice- at the bottom like on Chrome but then also as the 8th result... so twice on the first page. Then I showed up again on the 2nd page but not the 3rd or 4th page.

I never realized that it matter what browser you used.

I'm in Atwater, so I'm seeing the same thing as you (Modesto) and I use Chrome.

On Google, go to the bottom page and if it says "View customizations", click it. Then click "without these improvements". That will show you how everybody else views it.

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 04, 2011 18:04 |  #25

Hikin Mike wrote in post #13355119 (external link)
I'm in Atwater, so I'm seeing the same thing as you (Modesto) and I use Chrome.

On Google, go to the bottom page and if it says "View customizations", click it. Then click "without these improvements". That will show you how everybody else views it.

I don't see that option.

Frugal
784 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 05, 2011 18:10 as a reply to  @ PeaceFire's post |  #26

I googled Brad Ipock Photography and the 6th item was this thread :lol:

Richard
Gear

huntersdad
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,823 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 05, 2011 20:31 |  #27

Frugal wrote in post #13358561 (external link)
I googled Brad Ipock Photography and the 6th item was this thread :lol:

OK, admittedly, that is funny.

Facebook (external link)

http://WWW.BLENDEDLIGH​TPHOTOGRAPHY.COM (external link)
1DxIII x 2 / 24 1.4 II / Sigma 35 1.4 / 85 1.4L / 70-200L II / 300 II / AD600Pros

ZXDrew
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 05, 2011 21:38 |  #28

I gave you a +1 on Google. I hope that helps.

PhotoWolfe.com (external link)
Facebook.com/PhotoWolfe (external link)
Gear / My flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,193 views & 0 likes for this thread
Google not finding me - PERIOD!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.