Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 08 Nov 2011 (Tuesday) 10:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Mac Lion installer issues

digital ­ paradise
I still have 8 digits left
17,457 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 08, 2011 10:43 |  #1

I was not sure where to post this so I picked this forum. I have been trying to install software and keep getting this message.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i33.photobucket​.com …ot-2011-11-08-at-1036.jpg (external link)

So I did a bunch of research and discovered that Lion did not include the Rosetta translator that supports install of PowerPC products. So I did a bunch of searches and I am stumped trying to find this Rosetta translator software. The closest is this but it does not seem legit as it asks all kind of questions before I can get to the download.

Can anyone steer me in the correct direction? Thanks in advance.

http://www.filepie.us …ary_translation​_software) (external link)

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

sponsored links
Pete ­ W
Goldmember
1,325 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2007

Nov 08, 2011 10:46 |  #2

Sorry, but you should have read up on LION before install as it does not support POWERPC any longer

Try looking on the APPLE forum for answers/alternatives

All the best
Pete Woods LRPS QGP ASINWP
My Website (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Nov 08, 2011 10:52 |  #3

There is no way to run Mac Classic apps in Lion. OS X Lion has dropped all support for anything PPC code based, sorry.

Your best bet is to stick with Leopard or Snow Leopard if you need that compatibility.

BTW, what is it that you're using that is PPC?

KirkM
373 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Nov 08, 2011 11:09 as a reply to  @ Todd Lambert's post |  #4

I'm still using Snow Leopard here on my 27" i7, as I still use Photoshop CS (8.0). No upgrade available from CS, and It's not in the budget to buy a full version of CS5. From what I've read about Lion, it just turns your computer into a giant iPod or iPhone anyway :)

7D | 10D | 50 f1.4 (broken) | 17-40 f4.0 | 70-200 f2.8 | 300 F4.0 | 1.4x II | EF 25 II | 550 EX | 27" iMac i7

digital ­ paradise
THREAD ­ STARTER
17,457 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 08, 2011 12:21 |  #5

Todd Lambert wrote in post #13370689 (external link)
There is no way to run Mac Classic apps in Lion. OS X Lion has dropped all support for anything PPC code based, sorry.

Your best bet is to stick with Leopard or Snow Leopard if you need that compatibility.

BTW, what is it that you're using that is PPC?

I won this product. Trying to reinstall it.

http://www.pictocolor.​com/oneclick.htm (external link)

Image Editing OK

digital ­ paradise
THREAD ­ STARTER
17,457 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 08, 2011 12:22 |  #6

KirkM wrote in post #13370761 (external link)
I'm still using Snow Leopard here on my 27" i7, as I still use Photoshop CS (8.0). No upgrade available from CS, and It's not in the budget to buy a full version of CS5. From what I've read about Lion, it just turns your computer into a giant iPod or iPhone anyway :)

Looks like this may not be the best $30 I have ever spent. I may reinstall Leapard.

Image Editing OK

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Nov 08, 2011 12:29 |  #7

Hmmm... Personally, I wouldn't bother. I'd much rather be on Lion than be hamstrung because of a small program like that, especially since it's functionality is essentially built into Photoshop or almost any decent photo editor nowadays.

I guess wait until they release 2.0 of their software, so that it works on modern machines?

Maybe contact the developer and see if they can provide you the raw plugin file rather than an installer? It seems like the plugin should work in Lion, just that you'll have to have Photoshop run in 32-bit mode. The problem might just be the installer they use.

digital ­ paradise
THREAD ­ STARTER
17,457 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 08, 2011 14:13 |  #8

I'm already taking to them about it. They have not released the 64 but version test but are working on it. I recently went 64 bit on everything for PS. If I need something that is 34 bit I just open PS in 34 bit. Thanks for the advice as this seldom used software is probably not worth it.

Image Editing OK

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 08, 2011 14:36 |  #9

From the software site:

System Requirements:
Macintosh:

Mac OS X, v 10.2.8 - 10.5, (32-bit systems only)

PowerPC, Mac Intel, 512 MB RAM

Adobe Photoshop CS2 (9.0.2), CS3, CS4,CS5

Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0.1, 6.0

That's ancient. Not even Snow Leopard support…
However, there is hope:

* * iCorrect OneClick 2.0 is now available for Windows. * *
We expect to release version 2.0 for Macintosh in the coming months.
Customers who purchase version 1.5 for Macintosh now will receive a FREE upgrade to version 2.0.

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

sponsored links

1,077 views & 0 likes for this thread
Mac Lion installer issues
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.