Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 07 Nov 2011 (Monday) 14:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Google+ Business Pages are live now

Avoidpuddles
50 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Nov 07, 2011 14:01 |  #1

http://www.huffingtonp​ost.com …80148.html?ref=​technology (external link)

I'm pretty excited to see business pages use google+ in a new way. Is everyone with a Facebook business page going to make a google+ one as well?

sponsored links
walangij
37 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Nov 08, 2011 00:16 |  #2

It's taken them long enough. I'm definitely making one soon, but I wonder how quickly businesses will adapt to it. Personally I like the idea of keeping facebook as a way to connect with people, and google+ as a way to follow businesses, politicians, ect. I'm wondering how active google+ is though, seems like it's died down quite a bit since September.

StephenAndrew
855 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 08, 2011 01:33 |  #3

Every time I hear about Google+ I always think of this:

http://xkcd.com/918/ (external link)

:D

Connecticut Wedding and Portrait Photographer (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Equipment/Feedback

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,601 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 08, 2011 03:42 as a reply to  @ StephenAndrew's post |  #4

...hmmm! Let me be first to post my Google Plus page!

https://plus.google.co​m …118994896907760​7902/about (external link)

Nothing there yet...but I'll get it up and running properly tomorrow! I have to say that without a URL shortener, it will be a while before it ends up on my business card though!

www.bigmark.co.nzexternal link

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 08, 2011 06:28 as a reply to  @ banquetbear's post |  #5

I was happy to see it...finally.

Here's (external link) mine.

tomd
Cream of the Crop
13,280 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 08, 2011 08:23 |  #6

This is a good opportunity to relaunch a related thread I composed a few weeks back about Google+1.

https://photography-on-the.net …=1105665&referr​erid=87795

I'm not exactly sure why it didn't catch on (no responses)
I think the +1 and the Google business page can work well together, and since Google is far and away the giant in search engines, all SEO opportunities are valuable.

=======>>> play W.A.I.N. :D

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 08, 2011 13:27 |  #7

tomd wrote in post #13370074 (external link)
This is a good opportunity to relaunch a related thread I composed a few weeks back about Google+1.

https://photography-on-the.net …=1105665&referr​erid=87795

I'm not exactly sure why it didn't catch on (no responses)
I think the +1 and the Google business page can work well together, and since Google is far and away the giant in search engines, all SEO opportunities are valuable.

Just read your other thread. I like what you're trying to do. Just need to figure out a less confusing way of doing it I think. I'm all for helping out fellow photogs!!!!

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,354 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 08, 2011 13:33 |  #8

GadgetRick wrote in post #13371405 (external link)
Just read your other thread. I like what you're trying to do. Just need to figure out a less confusing way of doing it I think. I'm all for helping out fellow photogs!!!!

It was way too confusing to me. :confused:

Images in the Backcountry (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

tomd
Cream of the Crop
13,280 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 08, 2011 13:51 |  #9

Hikin Mike wrote in post #13371435 (external link)
It was way too confusing to me. :confused:

I see what you are saying. I added lots of information in preparation for questions....I think I created more than I answered.

In short.....Google +1 ten web sites, and then send me a PM and you will in turn get 10 or more +1 hits.

There, one sentence instead of 3 paragraphs!

k8et
251 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 08, 2011 14:04 |  #10

What category are people using? Product/brand or Company? just curious.

Flickr (snapshots) - k8et (external link)
Portfolio - Katie Gould Photography (external link)
Canon Rebel XTi, 18-55mm kit lens, 50mm 1.8 lens, 55-250 F/4-5.6 IS, Sigma 18-50mm f2.8, 430EXII & 580EXII flashes
Lomography film cameras: Fisheye and Colorsplash

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 08, 2011 14:46 |  #11

tomd wrote in post #13371534 (external link)
I see what you are saying. I added lots of information in preparation for questions....I think I created more than I answered.

In short.....Google +1 ten web sites, and then send me a PM and you will in turn get 10 or more +1 hits.

There, one sentence instead of 3 paragraphs!

We can just +1 others sites around here and then send you that list? If so, as soon as I have a few minutes, I'll get on that. I'm off to shoot a property in a few...

tomd
Cream of the Crop
13,280 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 08, 2011 16:20 |  #12

GadgetRick wrote in post #13371803 (external link)
We can just +1 others sites around here and then send you that list? If so, as soon as I have a few minutes, I'll get on that. I'm off to shoot a property in a few...

yes, or to get this rolling, the first 10 don't even have to +1 any site. Just send me your web URL and I'll insert it into the post. Sit back and wait for the hits!

sprymedia
71 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 10, 2011 20:46 |  #13

I have created a g+ business page for my company. Here is a link to it gplus.to/sprymedia

-Ryan
Gripped 5D MK II | 70-200mm 2.8L USM | 50mm 1.2L USM | 35mm 1.4L USM
www.spry-media.com (external link) | Spry Media Facebook (external link) | Follow us on Twitter (external link) | My 500px (external link)

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 11, 2011 08:42 |  #14

sprymedia wrote in post #13383708 (external link)
I have created a g+ business page for my company. Here is a link to it gplus.to/sprymedia

Are you using your own customized URL for that or is there some way in G+ to have them generate one for you (like FB does with fan pages)? Been trying to figure out how to do this to make it easier to share my G+ page.

Thanks.

sprymedia
71 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 12, 2011 18:34 |  #15

You can check out http://gplus.to (external link) to get a customized url. Fairly simple to setup.

-Ryan
Gripped 5D MK II | 70-200mm 2.8L USM | 50mm 1.2L USM | 35mm 1.4L USM
www.spry-media.com (external link) | Spry Media Facebook (external link) | Follow us on Twitter (external link) | My 500px (external link)

sponsored links

2,596 views & 0 likes for this thread
Google+ Business Pages are live now
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.