Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 09 Nov 2011 (Wednesday) 08:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My new buisness card, what do you think? . . .

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,113 posts
Gallery: 297 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 09, 2011 14:36 |  #16

mckinleypics wrote in post #13376815 (external link)
Do you have any of her showing her teeth?

Her teeth? Why?

Kristin
Mom to 11 ~ Still sane and rocking my Canon 5DMkII.
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)
| Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Pinterest (external link) | Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,113 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 09, 2011 14:42 |  #17

Well, I wanted to show a sample of my work . . . Well, I might have to use baby instead after all. :(

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)
| Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Pinterest (external link) | Instagram (external link)

mckinleypics
Goldmember
1,809 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 09, 2011 15:35 |  #18

YankeeMom wrote in post #13376905 (external link)
Her teeth? Why?

I guess if I were to put a senior pic on there, I'd have them smiling with teeth. Just me.

Dave
7D, 70-200mm 2.8 L IS, 24-70mm 2.8 L, 50mm 1.4, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, 580EXII
My Flickr (external link)

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,113 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 09, 2011 19:11 |  #19

mckinleypics wrote in post #13377185 (external link)
I guess if I were to put a senior pic on there, I'd have them smiling with teeth. Just me.

Hmmm . . . . no, I don't see that as an issue at all. A lot of Seniors don't show a toothy smile or grin.

Oh, and my designer made a good point about my name -- if we use lower case letters -- kristinsmall -- it can look like Kristin's Mall. :lol: Better keep the uppers, I think.

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)

mckinleypics
Goldmember
1,809 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 10, 2011 05:51 |  #20

must've been someone else who commented about the letters. with regard to the teeth, that's just my opinion.

Dave
7D, 70-200mm 2.8 L IS, 24-70mm 2.8 L, 50mm 1.4, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, 580EXII
My Flickr (external link)

kent ­ andersen
Goldmember
1,071 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 10, 2011 06:19 |  #21

I would avoid a portrait if it is not of you.

And if you want to have a portrait there, take one where you can't see the person clear. Like a high/low-key picture wiht only parts of the person visible... or just a body part, like eyes... or from behind.

Something that shows youre photographic skills without risking any misunderstanding.

Living in Austria, I am so glad that there is stuff like Gimp out there...
I am a happy giver, so if you find any misspelling in my text, you can keep them... :)
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/41388512@N05/ (external link)

d123
125 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 10, 2011 06:28 |  #22

Agree with 2 points, the writing going over the photo seems wrong (almost as if it was a mistake when the template was made), and I immediately assumed it was a photo of you, if you want to use an example of your work, then a couple would be better or at least something that looks less like a head and shoulders pic that will make 90% of people think its a pic of Kristin Small.

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,113 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 10, 2011 07:30 |  #23

Yes, we are going to change it. Great feedback, everyone! :)

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,744 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 10, 2011 11:48 |  #24

I hope you won't mind me playing a design for you. If you like it, i can give you the file.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,113 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 10, 2011 11:57 |  #25

Thanks, Vinminus -- it's very nice, but I need to keep my special font (it's on everything I print.) Also, everyone pretty much agrees that I shouldn't use that photo (of my daughter.) :( I will, however, show my designer what you did. :)

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,744 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 10, 2011 12:16 |  #26

you're welcome.... here's a more simplier one...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,350 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 10, 2011 13:01 |  #27

I'm not a big fan of using pictures on a business card...just a preference. That said, I see nothing wrong with using a model, a baby, or your daughter to represent what YOU SHOOT. Use the picture.

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 12, 2011 18:50 |  #28

YankeeMom wrote in post #13381362 (external link)
Thanks, Vinminus -- it's very nice, but I need to keep my special font (it's on everything I print.)

That is unfortunate because your phone number is rather difficult to read with the numbers running into each other (touching each other). I would suggest to avoid handwriting type fonts for business purposes. Maybe your designer can tell you to change your "special" font into something more standard and design conscious.

sevillafox
I'm good with pathetic! Really, I am.
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 12, 2011 21:39 |  #29

Kristen.....might want to do some blemish removal on that pic before handing these out.

Tiffany
hopeless smooshoholic......I smoosh!

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,113 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 12, 2011 22:49 |  #30

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #13391549 (external link)
That is unfortunate because your phone number is rather difficult to read with the numbers running into each other (touching each other). I would suggest to avoid handwriting type fonts for business purposes. Maybe your designer can tell you to change your "special" font into something more standard and design conscious.

I meant that I have to keep it for the business name -- not the phone number. :)

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)

sponsored links

2,628 views & 0 likes for this thread
My new buisness card, what do you think? . . .
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.