Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 20 Nov 2011 (Sunday) 20:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Huge Problem please help!!!

Fricks
Cream of the Crop
23,028 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 20, 2011 20:05 |  #1

I am shooting a Basket Ball game for our school this tuesday and have a Panasonic HDC-HS250. The problem is that when i try to upload it with my mac iPhoto pops up but no clips come up to import. But it shows them on the camera??? I can open up iMovie and import them there but then i would have to export each clip individually. Is there a program or something i can get or am i doing something wrong when trying to import.

website (external link)

sponsored links
ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 20, 2011 23:57 |  #2

See this thread, it might help: LINK

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Fricks
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
23,028 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 20, 2011 23:59 |  #3

oh forgot to come back and let you guys know i found the issue. iPhoto does not support AVCHD so i found a free converter on the Mac APP store and it seems to work amazing with almost 0 quality loss.

website (external link)

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 21, 2011 00:00 |  #4

Where there ya go! Thanks for posting back with your solution! Hopefully this will help someone else someday :)

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

CalmAsToast
195 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Nov 21, 2011 00:03 |  #5

So you're making a video?

If so, iPhoto is not part of your process. Just import your clips into iMovie, edit them onto your timeline and export your movie. That is the simple explanation of what to do. You can make the process as complicated as you like with transitions and effects if you want, but iMovie is fairly simple. There are countless tutorials online if you need to know how to use iMovie.

There are a number of more complicated NLEs (Non Linear Editing systems) out there for Mac, like Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro, Avid, etc., but the learning curve is much steeper on those.

5D Mk III 7D Canon Lenses 35 2.0 | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 24-105 4L IS | 28-135 IS | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 70-300 IS
---------------
Feedback & Gear
500px (external link) - PattersonVisualArts.co​m (external link)

Fricks
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
23,028 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 21, 2011 00:05 |  #6

CalmAsToast wrote in post #13429171 (external link)
So you're making a video?

If so, iPhoto is not part of your process. Just import your clips into iMovie, edit them onto your timeline and export your movie. That is the simple explanation of what to do. You can make the process as complicated as you like with transitions and effects if you want, but iMovie is fairly simple. There are countless tutorials online if you need to know how to use iMovie.

There are a number of more complicated NLEs (Non Linear Editing systems) out there for Mac, like Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro, Avid, etc., but the learning curve is much steeper on those.

i am shooting a Basketball game and the person i am giving the video to wants all the clips separate. Separated at every whistle. I figured it out so I'm good now.

website (external link)

CalmAsToast
195 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Nov 21, 2011 00:07 as a reply to  @ Fricks's post |  #7

Have fun with that. :)

5D Mk III 7D Canon Lenses 35 2.0 | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 24-105 4L IS | 28-135 IS | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 70-300 IS
---------------
Feedback & Gear
500px (external link) - PattersonVisualArts.co​m (external link)

sponsored links

688 views & 0 likes for this thread
Huge Problem please help!!!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.