Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Nov 2011 (Monday) 21:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fake BG-E6 sellers out there, beware!

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 22, 2011 18:40 as a reply to  @ post 13437147 |  #31

The BG-E6 I bought from J&R does NOT have serial. It has been stated many times on this forum BG-E6 has no serial on it.

5D3 and a few lens
es.

sponsored links
Nathan
So boring
7,722 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 22, 2011 21:32 |  #32

Maybe Canon outsourced and bought the BG E6 grips from a 3rd party provider in China. (Hope no one quotes this not realizing it's a joke.)

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 23, 2011 03:10 |  #33

I'm going to go buy at the local shop tomorrow

~ Burin Photography ~ (external link)Amazon feedback, (external link) Buyer feedback 1, Feedback 2,Feedback 3,Feedback 4, Feedback 5

been
245 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 23, 2011 05:45 as a reply to  @ post 13437147 |  #34

..deleted...

My Feedback

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 23, 2011 05:59 |  #35

For some reason Ed posted a fake box and the real box which you are trying to sell. This was a mislead. Made me think that the grip you are selling is a fake. Ed, please remove the link to bly2k sale page. Cuz it is the real grip that is up for sale.

~ Burin Photography ~ (external link)Amazon feedback, (external link) Buyer feedback 1, Feedback 2,Feedback 3,Feedback 4, Feedback 5

silvex
Cream of the Crop
7,303 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 23, 2011 10:51 |  #36

bly2k wrote in post #13439833 (external link)
TO silvex (Eduardo Silva): Hey man, that is not cool. This is my listing and I do not appreciate this kind of crap. If you closely at the link (WHICH I PROVIDED), there is nothing fake about my BG-E6. In fact, it confirms that mine is a Genuine BG-E6 (LOOK CLOSELY AT THE PICTURES!!!). I would like for you to remove this slander ASAP and delete your insinuation. If you had doubts about my sale product and before you open your mouth and embarass yourself, please PM me directly and do not do this kind of ****. Thank you!

I removed all of the links. You guys go figure it out. I am out.

-Ed
CPS Platinum Member.
Canon Gear
SilvexPhoto.comexternal link

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 23, 2011 15:36 |  #37

Ok, just got the real one. No bar codes on it. Box and the material is much rougher and it's a bit heavier. The bottom is also different. Will upload pix later. But they looks so much a like.

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 24, 2011 22:56 |  #38

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i22.photobucket​.com …/86evolution/28​ac0f2e.jpg (external link)

The barcodes are different

http://i22.photobucket​.com …/86evolution/62​615974.jpg (external link)

The bottom on the real one is bulkier

http://i22.photobucket​.com …/86evolution/f3​188095.jpg (external link)

You can't see it here, but there's more screws on the real one.

http://i22.photobucket​.com …/86evolution/fc​b44e61.jpg (external link)

The labels on the front of the box is different and the emblem on the real one is much shinier and more reflective on the real one. Also the lining on the real one is horizontal vs diagonal on the fake one.

The weight on the real one is noticibly heavier, but not a whole lot. The body of the real one is much rougher and less reflective.

If I'll ever get another 5D one day... Nah! Who am I kidding? I would still pay $60 more for the actual one.

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 25, 2011 01:17 as a reply to  @ emperorevo86's post |  #39

yup, a knock off BG-E6 should worth no more than $50.

5D3 and a few lens
es.

HyperCams
Goldmember
1,436 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Nov 25, 2011 03:59 |  #40

And STILL, NO S/N on the "real one"....?

I'm not sure if all of the Canon battery grip have the serials on them, but the 7D I just sold had one. As for the 5D, I'm not sure. But I think the bottom plate shouldn't be plastic though.

I'm not trying to say that the 3rd party grip is a pos, but receiving something that should of been the genuine one really made it a pos. If I knew what I bought was a fake, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But when you had to find out that it's not real, then that really set off some steams..

I know that is what you were saying, I was just saying my peace about how I consider the cheap(ER), grips (**but not DIRT cheap, like $85 iirc is what I paid for mine with FOUR chipped LP-E6 batts**)

BTW, when I was looking for a S/N, i was expecting some big shiney sticker, like they use on the bottom of EOS bodies...I never noticed the 'engraved' plastic(?) plate that had the S/N..
sorry!! :o
but, even still..your new "real" one doesnt even have that...??? wierd, if you ask me..

But, atleast you are happy! :D
Cheers

Brent Oliver
HyperCams & Mods (external link)/Oliver Digital Images
My Flickr (external link)
Feedback and Gear

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 26, 2011 03:21 |  #41

Yes, the 5D grip doesn't have one and yes it's strange. Yes I'm happy and no I'm not happy with throwing my money out there. But if it satisfy me, then that is ok.

booja
Goldmember
1,638 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 26, 2011 15:42 |  #42

one thing I've always wondered about these fake grips for the 5d and 7d is whether the rubber grip material feels the same or not.

i know all 3rd party grips have a more rubbery sticky grip material and it doesn't really match the body of the camera

lannes
Goldmember
4,370 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 02, 2011 19:25 |  #43

the easy identification of a fake are the blue labels, the cross pattern on the fake has much smaller black boxes that don't join up, this label should be exactly the same as the body. Also the alignment of the Canon label on the front of the grip, the edge of "C" lines up exactly with the edge of rubber grip, on the fake it's offset

1Dx, 1DM4, 5DM2, 7D, EOS-M, 8-15L, 17-40L, 24 TSE II, 24-105L, 50L, 85L II, 100L, 135L, 200L f/2.8, 300L f/4, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 400Lf/5.6

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 04, 2011 15:24 |  #44

This isn't really news... fake grips and batteries have been reported here for years.

My Gearlist

Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 04, 2011 20:42 |  #45

I got a fake direct from Amazon months ago and just realized it was fake. They are going to contact me this week about what they can do for me.

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

4,458 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fake BG-E6 sellers out there, beware!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.