Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 15 Nov 2011 (Tuesday) 15:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Jet Master DIY Canvas Frame Kits 75% Off

n0w0rries
320 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 21, 2011 16:11 |  #31

Woot... just got my notice I got 8 more boxes coming! Sounds like this would have been a hot deal if you needed to move. The boxes probably work out to be cheaper than buying them at the store... and come with free canvas!

Canon 5D mk II | 430EXII | 580EXII | 85 1.8 | 16-35 2.8L | 24-105 4L | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 2X III

sponsored links
tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 23, 2011 14:55 |  #32

n0w0rries wrote in post #13432122 (external link)
Woot... just got my notice I got 8 more boxes coming! Sounds like this would have been a hot deal if you needed to move. The boxes probably work out to be cheaper than buying them at the store... and come with free canvas!

no kidding I arrived home last night from Paris to find 12 of them at my door ! its really ridiculous they could put all of these in 1 box easy enough !

Canon 1DMKII, 7D, 5DMKII, 1D MKII
Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

n0w0rries
320 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 23, 2011 14:56 |  #33

My 8 boxes arrived today. Luckily I pulled up to the house just as the fedex guy was getting ready to leave. Despite all the packing Fedex managed to crush one of the boxes. I opened it and the box inside was mangled, so I refused it.

Canon 5D mk II | 430EXII | 580EXII | 85 1.8 | 16-35 2.8L | 24-105 4L | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 2X III

tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 23, 2011 15:16 |  #34

anyone figure out how to use this PS template ? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the mirrored edges and there is no instructions on their website that I have found for it, nor any video of it :(

Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

Celtic ­ Tiger
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Nov 23, 2011 16:57 |  #35

tekkie wrote in post #13442109 (external link)
anyone figure out how to use this PS template ? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the mirrored edges and there is no instructions on their website that I have found for it, nor any video of it :(

I jacked around for about an hour trying to download that template. Everytime I would click on it and download it, Quicktime would open for some reason and then I could not find the template anywhere. I thought I just didn't know how to download a template (maybe I still don't). I finally got it by right clicking or something. Can't remember exactly; but I finally got it.

Anyway...were you able to download the template? Once downloaded and saved as a .psd file, just open it in Photoshop then open your file and use the move tool to move it over onto the template for sizing. Once I had it, it was pretty easy.

Realize that the canvas is 13" x 19" but the template and the finished product are smaller than that. The surface finishes to 9.8" x 13.1" so even after considering the wrap of say .5 inches side and .5 inches back for a total of 2 inches (.5+.5+.5+.5) you are going to have some white space that should be trimmed from the width 13.1 + 2 = 15.1 vs. a width of 19". Not sure if this makes sense. Also not sure by what you mean by "mirrored edges". Happy to help further if I can.

flickr (external link)

Celtic ­ Tiger
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Nov 23, 2011 17:02 |  #36

n0w0rries wrote in post #13442038 (external link)
My 8 boxes arrived today. Luckily I pulled up to the house just as the fedex guy was getting ready to leave. Despite all the packing Fedex managed to crush one of the boxes. I opened it and the box inside was mangled, so I refused it.

How in the heck could your inside box be mangled??? With all the paper and space in there you could ship a small child.

(Note: For illustration purposes only. The poster does not advocate shipping toddlers via FedeX Ground.)

flickr (external link)

n0w0rries
320 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 23, 2011 18:16 |  #37

At least with mine, it has to sit in the box on a diagonal to fit. One box was crushed, looked like somebody ran into it with a forklift or something. Then I opened the rest and found another damaged one. The product only fits if they put it in on a diagonal. Looks like the person who packed it tried to make it fit and folded one end. I opened it up and the canvas has a curve to it now, and the cardboard you fold up is a little tweaked, but I don't think it's damaged enough to be noticeable so I kept it.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 24, 2011 01:56 |  #38

Celtic Tiger wrote in post #13442540 (external link)
I jacked around for about an hour trying to download that template. Everytime I would click on it and download it, Quicktime would open for some reason and then I could not find the template anywhere. I thought I just didn't know how to download a template (maybe I still don't). I finally got it by right clicking or something. Can't remember exactly; but I finally got it.

Anyway...were you able to download the template? Once downloaded and saved as a .psd file, just open it in Photoshop then open your file and use the move tool to move it over onto the template for sizing. Once I had it, it was pretty easy.

Realize that the canvas is 13" x 19" but the template and the finished product are smaller than that. The surface finishes to 9.8" x 13.1" so even after considering the wrap of say .5 inches side and .5 inches back for a total of 2 inches (.5+.5+.5+.5) you are going to have some white space that should be trimmed from the width 13.1 + 2 = 15.1 vs. a width of 19". Not sure if this makes sense. Also not sure by what you mean by "mirrored edges". Happy to help further if I can.

yeah I can download it no problem, even to use it works ok but they say you can do mirror / stretches on the wrap parts, if you look on their website the online tool lets you do it but I am getting terrible results with the printing :(

I know if I can get the wrapping to work right I can print it from lightroom and it will work better :) I will have to play with it when I get back from vacation :)

Canon 500L, 100-400L
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

sponsored links

3,791 views & 0 likes for this thread
Jet Master DIY Canvas Frame Kits 75% Off
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.