Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
Thread started 26 Nov 2011 (Saturday) 09:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Today in the garden...

2slo
Cream of the Crop
6,388 posts
Gallery: 536 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 26, 2011 09:20 |  #1

...we had a bit of variety. Firstly this male great spotted woodpecker:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7026/6405405475_daba1b4c8e_b.jpg

I hope he comes back, I haven't seen him here before. I'd love to get some frontal pics.

Then this bird, some type of tit I think, anyone identify it please? :

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Then three closer shots I got of our resident Nuthatches and tits:

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6042/6405447575_b48063934e_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7017/6405458637_88a516ce02_b.jpg

Hope you like them,

Mark :)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
17,699 posts
Gallery: 267 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 26, 2011 09:53 |  #2

The last three shots are pretty darn good, Mark. And to have a Woodpecker come to your feeder is great! Can't help with the little bird in the middle there. Looks sweet though.
Mark, I don't know what raw converter/image editing application you use, but if you could reduce the background noise in your images, that would greatly improve them. Amazing though that you are making so much progress already. Good work!

Levina
Please quote when responding to a post!!!
There is no such thing as ect. It's etc. (with period) from latin et cetera.
Colours are not complimentary but complementary.
My flickr (external link)

2slo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,388 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 26, 2011 10:07 |  #3

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #13453384 (external link)
The last three shots are pretty darn good, Mark. And to have a Woodpecker come to your feeder is great! Can't help with the little bird in the middle there. Looks sweet though.
Mark, I don't know what raw converter/image editing application you use, but if you could reduce the background noise in your images, that would greatly improve them. Amazing though that you are making so much progress already. Good work!

Thanks Levina :)
I haven't progressed to shooting RAW yet, my shots are all JPEG. You're right, they do have a lot of noise, I have sharpened some of them and lightened them using photoscape but I'm not especially impressed with the results. I've just downloaded a free PP program called GIMP which I'm going to try as it came recommended. If I don't get on with that I'll buy adobe elements 10 which seems to be the std for amateurs.
I have about an hour a day to spare for photography and I'm just learning as I go along. Really enjoying it so far as it's a great challenge to try to improve :)

Mark.

SacMac
Goldmember
1,639 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 26, 2011 11:49 |  #4

Nice set, Mark. The small bird in the middle is a long tailed tit. Well done for catching him - they move so quickly!!! And I love your bird table :)

Sheryl

2slo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,388 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 26, 2011 11:59 |  #5

SacMac wrote in post #13453763 (external link)
Nice set, Mark. The small bird in the middle is a long tailed tit. Well done for catching him - they move so quickly!!! And I love your bird table :)

Thanks Sheryl,

I thought it was some variety of tit, they have different colours and tails but similar faces!

The bird table is actually an early xmas present for my wife. She feeds the garden birds, I photograph them and the cat looks on in disgust!

Mark :)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

733 views & 0 likes for this thread
Today in the garden...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.