Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 28 Nov 2011 (Monday) 15:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Opinions on website please...

Hedley
197 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 28, 2011 15:55 |  #1

To be more precise, I've refreshed the overall design, and I'm happy with the stripped down look, and the navigation works for me too - what I struggle with is the gallery categories, and also how many images to put in each gallery, so any thoughts.....?

http://www.jameshedley​.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
tristinGrind
531 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 28, 2011 16:04 |  #2

Site is simple and clean... I like it. My two points would be:

There is too much space between the title of the page and the logo/navigation bar. It makes it so that I have to scroll on your site which I dont like; especially since theres nothing but your copywrite info down there. If you could shorten that up, it would be awesome. I will say that Im currently on an 11" MCA, but still.

The second would that there should be some sort of text or image on your contact page. Maybe a picture of yourself on the right or maybe just a quick couple sentences about why people would need to email you. It looks too bland with nothing there.

The site looks like a WP theme so you may have to go into the editor to shorten up the space...

-- Tristin
FB: +12/-0

Hedley
THREAD ­ STARTER
197 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 28, 2011 16:17 |  #3

Thanks for looking - I'm confused about 1 thing, the title/logo should be on the same line as the navigation, is it resizing vertically on your screen so you have to scroll down to see the copyright footer?
And I did have an image on the Contact page, not sure why I haven't replaced it but it does look a bit plain with nothing.

tristinGrind
531 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 28, 2011 17:56 |  #4

Here are a couple screenshots of what Im seeing. The first is the page loaded and I touch nothing. You can see that part of the image is cut off... and then the second image shows what I see when I scroll down.

Im on a smaller screen like I said, but it would be nice not to scroll to see the full site.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

-- Tristin

Hedley
THREAD ­ STARTER
197 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 29, 2011 02:04 |  #5

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for that. Looks like a resizing of the header div should sort it. Cheers for your time.

tristinGrind
531 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 29, 2011 02:27 |  #6

No problem... I build websites by partial profession so I dont mind helping at all. Good luck.

-- Tristin

winam
Goldmember
1,942 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Nov 29, 2011 03:59 |  #7

Kinda likeyour site. Which gallery did you use? Galleria? The only thing is, that on the contact page the contact form is on the left side. I would place it in the middle of the side, but that is only my optionion

Canon EOS 650D, Canon EOS 1000d, SIGMA DG 18-250m, Canon 18-55mm
http://www.rene-photography.de/ (external link)
Please take a look at my Review for the awesome Daminion Server DAM-System (external link)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
Cream of the Crop
19,385 posts
Gallery: 350 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 29, 2011 04:32 |  #8

The category 'beauty' is non descriptive. Could be anything. And I would at least have a separate Nude&Glamour category so people know what to expect when clicking that. Now they're a bit unexpected say. :)

I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
My flickr (external link)

Hedley
THREAD ­ STARTER
197 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 30, 2011 05:08 |  #9

winam wrote in post #13467159 (external link)
Kinda likeyour site. Which gallery did you use? Galleria? The only thing is, that on the contact page the contact form is on the left side. I would place it in the middle of the side, but that is only my optionion

Yep, I need to jazz up that page a bit.

Hedley
THREAD ­ STARTER
197 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 30, 2011 05:14 |  #10

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #13467195 (external link)
The category 'beauty' is non descriptive. Could be anything. And I would at least have a separate Nude&Glamour category so people know what to expect when clicking that. Now they're a bit unexpected say. :)

That's what I was meaning - Gallery titles are always difficult for me. Should a Glamour/Nude category only feature that type of image, what about those slightly glam images that aren't NSFW? I don't consider a lot of my pictures 'Glamour' but Beauty is just the best alternative I could think of.

And I'm never quite sure how many pictures to put in each gallery, but that's another story.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
Cream of the Crop
19,385 posts
Gallery: 350 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 30, 2011 08:20 |  #11

Hedley wrote in post #13472914 (external link)
That's what I was meaning - Gallery titles are always difficult for me. Should a Glamour/Nude category only feature that type of image, what about those slightly glam images that aren't NSFW?

How about simply splitting up the Glamour/Nude category? Nude for the nudes and Glamour for the others?

I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
My flickr (external link)

Hedley
THREAD ­ STARTER
197 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 30, 2011 12:58 |  #12

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #13473350 (external link)
How about simply splitting up the Glamour/Nude category? Nude for the nudes and Glamour for the others?

To be honest, I think it just comes down to me not being able to categorise my pictures. There are some I would like to think of as arty model shots, that other people may think are straight up glamour - I think I need to spend a bit of time on them and cut the galleries down maybe.

sponsored links

1,996 views & 0 likes for this thread
Opinions on website please...
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.