Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 28 Nov 2011 (Monday) 15:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

B&H "flash sale" on 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Tom ­ K.
Goldmember
1,852 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 30, 2011 16:48 |  #61

AsiaSF wrote in post #13475669 (external link)
Really ? Thats news to me, never saw that. Can you confirm this ? I quickly checked their site and could not find this restriction. I actually used them for my purchase without knowing this restriction.

Btw, while searching I also found out that fatwallet has 3% plus they have a code for a $50 coupon. You can check this out on their site.

Can you link me to this fatwallet coupon?

Please proceed, Governor.
Visit Me at Flickr ~ http://www.flickr.com/​photos/tomkaz/ (external link)

sponsored links
hammer2k
353 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 30, 2011 17:22 |  #62

My mistake, it appears there is no max rebate from Adorama now. Sorry for the confusion.

20DNewbie
"don't listen to me, I'm an idiot"
2,732 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 30, 2011 17:22 |  #63

CanonGrl01 wrote in post #13473812 (external link)
To add more caution signs, bill me later will probably do a hard pull on your credit, which will lower your credit score an inch, and add a new account to your profile, lowering your average age of accounts, lowering it an inch more, and depending on how it reports, increase your debt ratio, another inch.

Just saying, in case anyone plans on needing additional credit in the next 6 months to a year. All things to be cautious of when opening any type of new credit lines.

They only do a hard pull on your first purchase, after that it's only soft pulls for updating your line of credit.

https://www.billmelate​r.com/help/index.xhtml​#topic6_faq2 (external link)

Christian.

bzoom
69 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Nov 30, 2011 17:24 |  #64

Try here Tom:
http://www.fatwallet.c​om/Adorama-coupons/ (external link)

And here is a pretty up-to-date compiled list of rebate sites to see how they compare:
http://www.cashbackmon​itor.com/ (external link)

With Adorama, rebate sites are all over the map(2% to "upto" 6.4%). The only caution I have is that if manual price match is required(via email), I have no way of knowing how well it would work since all these rebate sites pretty much work via click-through automated web ordering system after you are forwarded to the retailer's website.

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,689 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 30, 2011 19:20 |  #65

Someone talk me out of buying this... I have a Sigma 70-200 OS which I like and think is fantastic, but LisaJH has made me feel like this is the sharpness Im missing at 2.8. :(

Shane
flickr (external link)

sportmode
549 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 30, 2011 19:40 |  #66

JakAHearts wrote in post #13476623 (external link)
Someone talk me out of buying this... I have a Sigma 70-200 OS which I like and think is fantastic, but LisaJH has made me feel like this is the sharpness Im missing at 2.8. :(

It's futile unless you stop visiting this forum. I think I've spent more money due to this forum than all others combined. :oops:

5D Mark III, 6D, EOS-M 22mm f/2 | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 50mm f1.4 | 100L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | Rokinon 8mm Fisheye

maximus96
561 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 30, 2011 19:43 |  #67

bzoom wrote in post #13475990 (external link)
Try here Tom:
http://www.fatwallet.c​om/Adorama-coupons/ (external link)

And here is a pretty up-to-date compiled list of rebate sites to see how they compare:
http://www.cashbackmon​itor.com/ (external link)

With Adorama, rebate sites are all over the map(2% to "upto" 6.4%). The only caution I have is that if manual price match is required(via email), I have no way of knowing how well it would work since all these rebate sites pretty much work via click-through automated web ordering system after you are forwarded to the retailer's website.

i made an order earlier thru ebates with 2%...i email Adorama to cancel that order so I can make another one thru fatwallet for 3% back. Thanks

Just so I'm clear, the final price will be $2074- $62.22(3% back) -$50(fatwallet coupon) -$100(pricematch to B&H) = $1861.78

Canon 5D III | 17-40L | 24-70L | 70-200L II | 50L | 85L II
San Francisco Bay Area Real Estate Photographer - Sammy Lo Photography (external link)

Bokehlicious
809 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 30, 2011 19:57 |  #68

how do you pricematch to Adorama and get cashback?

maximus96
561 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 30, 2011 20:20 |  #69

Bokehlicious wrote in post #13476830 (external link)
how do you pricematch to Adorama and get cashback?

just go thru the cashback process then ask for them to pricematch i guess...

Canon 5D III | 17-40L | 24-70L | 70-200L II | 50L | 85L II
San Francisco Bay Area Real Estate Photographer - Sammy Lo Photography (external link)

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 30, 2011 23:12 |  #70

I just pulled the trigger! I can hardly wait. It will be here next Wednesday!

Bryan

My Gear List

Ball4
352 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 30, 2011 23:37 |  #71

maximus96 wrote in post #13476738 (external link)
Just so I'm clear, the final price will be $2074- $62.22(3% back) -$50(fatwallet coupon) -$100(pricematch to B&H) = $1861.78

I typed in the Fatwallet code at checkout but it is not accepted. What am I doing wrong? BTW, I did sign in at Fatwallet and clicked on the Adorama link.

I'm a first time Fatwallet user. So this is like the old Bing cashbacks?

musashi
795 posts
Joined Jul 2010
Location: Winchester, CA / San Diego, CA / North Hollywood, CA

Nov 30, 2011 23:50 |  #72

I just did it!!! Couldnt resist the price anymore, plus the wife gave me a green light so burden on my conscience! Lol.

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

--==Gear List & Feedback==--

Timsxsi
159 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 01, 2011 00:07 |  #73

I couldnt resist either, it will be here friday.

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 01, 2011 00:24 |  #74

sportmode wrote in post #13472396 (external link)
How much better? Convince me it's not worth it :o

I have bad news for you, it is worth it. I had the V1, got the V2 and compared them side-by-side.

I felt like I was cheating, the V2 shouldn't even be in the same class. It's really an awesome lens.

And if you guys ever get to sell them, you'll probably make money with them!

Hi, I'm David.

sportmode
549 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 01, 2011 00:37 |  #75

Rivest wrote in post #13477963 (external link)
I have bad news for you, it is worth it.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i298.photobucke​t.com …ey/emoticons/La​lala-1.gif (external link)

5D Mark III, 6D, EOS-M 22mm f/2 | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 50mm f1.4 | 100L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | Rokinon 8mm Fisheye

sponsored links

14,066 views & 0 likes for this thread
B&H "flash sale" on 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.