To this point, the only PP I've done is some minor tweaking and sharpening in DPP before converting to jpg.
A couple of days ago I ordered Elements 10 when Amazon had it for $45.00. With that on the way, I've been reading here and of course am overwhelmed with where to start. So, just a couple of very basic questions.
From what I've gathered, it seems I should do the following:
1. Still start by opening my raw file in DPP.
2. Make global changes there (saturation, contrast, hue changes).
3. Convert to 8-bit tiff file. (seems there's some different opinions here)
4. Import that tiff file into Elements for any layer or filter work (which I know literally NOTHING about).
5. Complete work there and finally convert to jpg.
Do I have this right?
Do I make any color (RGB) changes to the raw file in DPP (in step 2 above)? Or, is that something done with curves in Elements? Is "curves" even available in Elements? See how little I know?!
Do I sharpen in DPP before converting to tiff? If so, do I do any additional sharpening in Elements?
Any other very basic information I need to know? Right now I'm just trying to understand the overall process, and will focus on the details once I get Elements installed.