Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 02 Dec 2011 (Friday) 15:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Suggestions on getting a Intro Logo

ChadAndreo
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Dec 02, 2011 15:38 |  #1

Where would be the best place for me to look to get a good looking short intro logo done?
I have one that I made that I like but I would be interested in seeing if it's worth having someone redo it.

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

John ­ Sims
Goldmember
1,437 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 02, 2011 18:25 |  #2

A collegue has had several animated intros done by guys who post on the $5 site. I don't know the link but apparently people advertise services for $5. These use generic fonts so once the template is set up it is only a matter of editing the text and rendering out so probably not worth much more.

I do my own using 3D Studio Max.

Titles are like all video and can be very cheap or very expensive subject to complexity. Generic, standard font based text is cheap if it is simple (or off the shelf) . Logo based titles will be more expensive particularly if the logo is 3d and has to be built. If the logo is available as a vector file this helps greatly as otherwise it has to be traced in.

John Sims
Canon 60D, 30D, 10D, AE1 & some other stuff

John ­ Sims
Goldmember
1,437 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 03, 2011 04:29 |  #3

To continue on logo's and intro's they are very important to get right as you only get one chance to make a first impression.

If a picture paints a thousand words then 999 of those hidden within a logo should tell the viewer something pertinent about you and your product. And an intro wants to be simple and short - mine is a bit long but that is my own fault as I called my company 2TA Ltd which means nothing by its self. We provide Technical Assitance and we are Transparent in the way we work and charge so Transparent Technical Assistance is 2 "T"s and an A. Try saying all of that in 5 seconds :-)

A logo serves many purposes, print, letter headings, adverts, demonstrating a product is yours, on T Shirts, Polo Shirts, vehicles and buildings and need to be of a form that can be reproduced in each of those situations. What do you mean you haven't got a building with your logo on? Well don't advertise the fact by having a logo that you couldn't possibly reproduce on a building then ;-)a

I'm on my 3rd evolution of my logo in 10 years although the first two were used in tandem because the letter heading didn't translate well onto polo shirts and vehicles. The newer logo is a bit more arty as this is more appropriate to video compared to our construction based roots.

Does it show that I find logos really interesting? :-) They are seemingly such a small thing but so powerful. This is why big Companies can spend millions ensuring their logo's are right.

John Sims
Canon 60D, 30D, 10D, AE1 & some other stuff

ChadAndreo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Dec 08, 2011 00:15 |  #4

Thank you very much for your reply. I agree with what you said and thats exactly why I am looking into getting one professionally done.

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

870 views & 0 likes for this thread
Suggestions on getting a Intro Logo
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.