Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 08 Dec 2011 (Thursday) 08:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

YES! Sometimes "miracles" DO happen! I have renewed my faith in humanity..

orbitechgr
Goldmember
1,075 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 08, 2011 08:23 |  #1

OMG it is unbelievable!! Some of you might remember that something like a month ago, I lost my camera (7D) on London.
Three days ago they called me from Lost Property Office of London asking me whether I had lost something during my visit there.
I couldn't believe my ears!! Immediately I gave them a detailed description of my lost 7D and 17-55 2.8 IS and they understood that I was the legal owner of the lost property found.
What "saved" me said the operator was that I had put my name along with my username on the 7D, and with a small research on Google he found me!! It was not my filed report on LPO which had been finished a long time ago! Needless to say I thanked him a thousand times, for his efforts!
Today I just received the package from London in perfect condition and you can imagine my happiness
Now I won't have to feel guilty for losing so many advantages when I invested on 5DMkII after I thought that my beloved 7D was lost forever.
I feel like I have everything I need right now.. I just had to share my happiness with you guys, hope it's ok with you..

Gear
Flickr (external link)
Jim

sponsored links
gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,877 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 08, 2011 08:27 |  #2

Wow, what a Christmas present. :)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Roxie2401
355 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 08, 2011 08:28 |  #3

Is this the one that was left in the London cab? Did they indicate if it was the "cabbie" who found it?

What a great story - hope the memory card still had your photos, too!

By the way - how did you attach your name, etc. to the camera? Good advice for the rest of us.

XxDJCyberLoverxX
Goldmember
1,139 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 08, 2011 08:37 |  #4

Wow. Spendid news! I have to start labeling my gear too. Its not uncommon in Japan to have stuff returned to you.

Daniel
Sony a7 / Sony a7s / FE 24-70mm / FE 28mm F/2 / Samyang 135mm
Nebula 4000 Lite / Manfrotto 190cx
POTN Feedback / My Work! (external link)

configsys
165 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 08, 2011 08:41 |  #5

Simply WOW!

SX40 HS, XSi (gripped), 7D (gripped), EF-S 18-55mm, EF 28-135mm, EF 28-70mm 2.8L, EF 70-200mm F4L IS, EF 50mm 1.8, EF 1.4x Extender II, 430EX-II

smyke
560 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 08, 2011 08:45 |  #6

Congrats! That is quite a miracle indeed.

Roxie2401 wrote in post #13512921 (external link)
By the way - how did you attach your name, etc. to the camera? Good advice for the rest of us.

Curious about that myself.

Mike

Flickr (external link)
Gear

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 08, 2011 08:49 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

Is not miracles. You have good people and police officers in London. You have people know how to do the right things. If this happens in America?? Good luck..:)

One Imaging Photography (external link) and my Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

silent_20
83 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 08, 2011 09:03 as a reply to  @ TooManyShots's post |  #8

Simply amazing. There's to show that there's still good people in the world. You're lucky.

60D, 430exII, 2 YN-460II, RF-602, 50mm f1.8, 55mm-250 IS and Sigma 17-50mm.

JaapW
107 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 08, 2011 09:20 |  #9

Great story :) :)

You can enter your name in the Copyright fields in the menu (did the same). The name then appears in the metadata of your photos, but obviously it has other advantages as well :)

Enjoy the 7D (again)!!!

7D | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS | 70-200mm f/4L IS | 60mm Macro f/2.8 | Canon 85mm f/1.8 | 430EX II

x0SiN0x
238 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 08, 2011 09:21 |  #10

Wow that's amazing, you get to enjoy it all over again :p

x0SiN0x AKA Tony - SiN is a (video) game name, nothing more!
Still learning (yes, newb) like some of you here, so please take any recommendations/opinio​ns with that in mind.
-[SmugMug (external link) | Gear | Feedback]-

botw
Goldmember
1,154 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Dec 08, 2011 09:27 |  #11

I also take a picture of my name and contact info and lock it so that it can't be (as easily) deleted. That way my contact information is always available on all of my cameras.

www.gc5photography.com (external link)

Raylon
Goldmember
1,078 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 08, 2011 10:18 |  #12

botw wrote in post #13513160 (external link)
I also take a picture of my name and contact info and lock it so that it can't be (as easily) deleted. That way my contact information is always available on all of my cameras.

Doesn't this go away when the card is formatted?

But to the OP, good stuff. I do remember your story and it sucked. Glad you got your stuff back!

7D l Canon 70-200 f/4L IS l Canon 85mm f/1.8 l ∑ 17-50 f/2.8 l Canon 50mm f/1.8 II l S95
Full Gear List and Marketplace Feedback
My SmugMug (external link)

kawi_200
Goldmember
1,430 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Jul 2011

Dec 08, 2011 10:20 |  #13

^ Smart.

Only in America would someone say "finders keepers" amazing how polite people are in other countries. Congrats on your 7D return

5D4 | 8-15L | 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 24L II | 40mm pancake | 100L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS mk2 | 400mm f/4 DO IS

orbitechgr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,075 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 08, 2011 10:21 |  #14

TooManyShots wrote in post #13513000 (external link)
Is not miracles. You have good people and police officers in London. You have people know how to do the right things. If this happens in America?? Good luck..:)

That is true.. Still we are talking about an item left at the back of a black cab, so anyone could have taken advantage of that without the driver noticing anything. I still don't know if it was the driver that left it at LPO or another customer.

JaapW wrote in post #13513127 (external link)
Great story :) :)

You can enter your name in the Copyright fields in the menu (did the same). The name then appears in the metadata of your photos, but obviously it has other advantages as well :)

Enjoy the 7D (again)!!!

And that is what I did! I'd never believe if i hadnt found out myself how helpful is for your data to be stored inside the camera!!

Gear
Flickr (external link)
Jim

smyke
560 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 08, 2011 10:37 |  #15

JaapW wrote in post #13513127 (external link)

I have done that right after I got my cam. I thought there was something else the OP might have done.

Mike

Flickr (external link)
Gear

sponsored links

3,352 views & 0 likes for this thread
YES! Sometimes "miracles" DO happen! I have renewed my faith in humanity..
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.