Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Dec 2011 (Tuesday) 15:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lawsuit Against Photographer & Model Working For Me Refused To Give Me Photos

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,522 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 14, 2011 10:37 |  #181

runningthangs wrote in post #13543662 (external link)
So im getting ready to file small claims suit for $8750 in IL the limit is up to $10,000 per small claim. So what its taking me a year to take action. The SOL is 6 years.

Good luck on it, hopefully it goes well.

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

sponsored links
evo5ive
302 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 14, 2011 10:38 |  #182

Gaarryy wrote in post #13543663 (external link)
I need everyone's opinion..

I did a photoshoot for a friend about a year ago... He claimed it was for some reality show but it was really a scam to get money from investors and meet hot young girls. Since I usually take some killer photo's with my iPhone he gave me his camera to take photo's of someone.. Well just like those stories you hear about one thing led to another with the girl model when she showed up and we got talking. We decided to run off to Vegas and get married instead of doing the photo shoot.
I've tried to tell my friend many times what happened but he doens't believe us claiming that we still have the pictures. really the only pictures are of our wedding/honeywoon that we used his camera for and I honestly can't see why he'd want them

Any way my new wife & I have found the Lord and have decided to become Misionaries and will be leaving the country for Peru shortly. We'd really like to bury the hachet on this whole episode and invite him to our going away party but are worried that he just can't bury the hachet. What should I do???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kirk
Website (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Facebook (external link)

Wide ­ Boy
629 posts
Joined May 2011

Dec 14, 2011 10:41 |  #183

runningthangs wrote in post #13543518 (external link)
So both the model and photographer are negligently responsible for not providing the images to my company when they stated they no longer wanted to be apart of the company ? The model was making excuses about adult sites when the pics she took she was fully clothed and I have witnesses.

You keep referring to 'my company', just out of interest what is the name of your company?

Sony A7 | 28-70 | Tamron 15-30 (Canon fit)
550D with a battery grip | Canon 70-200mm F4L | Canon 50mm 1.8mkII | Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | YN 460II |
Nikon D7000 | 18-55 G VR | Tokina 11-16 2.8

Brandon72
246 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 14, 2011 10:41 |  #184

Gaarryy wrote in post #13543663 (external link)
I need everyone's opinion..

I did a photoshoot for a friend about a year ago...

bw!

PaulB
Goldmember
1,543 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Dec 14, 2011 10:50 as a reply to  @ Brandon72's post |  #185

The OP comes to the Forum members here for advice on a legal matter but doesn't seem to realise that the members of the Forum can't even agree on how best to clean a sensor............or if filters degrade the image..........or.....​....
No chance OP - if you have a legally enforceable contract, then enforce it, but we can't tell you if you have or what it's worth.

BlurredImage
114 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 14, 2011 10:51 |  #186

What a troll.

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,506 posts
Gallery: 263 photos
Best ofs: 12
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 14, 2011 11:05 |  #187

Why do I get the feeling that this "reality show" was going to be some sort of "live sorority girls webcam" type of site. Honestly, as was stated before, there is no way a legit business would let something so trivial bring business to a halt.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

Willie
959 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Dec 14, 2011 11:06 |  #188

Why the heck is this in the equipment talk section?

kinyocase
151 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 14, 2011 11:12 |  #189

runningthangs wrote in post #13542341 (external link)
I have checked the photos out after the photoshoots and the pictures seemed top notch quality. The only thing I do not have any of them because the model and photographer conspired to keep them despite having an agreement.

Okay so This is a thread of epic proportions revolving around "my company," "my friend who is new at photography, but I sent him to school to refresh his "skills,"" "my model whom I bought 15k worth of clothing for to get some shots for..."my reality show,""" and "my equipment/contracts/mo​ney/business that I just decided to blow on these two unknowns in hopes that we could make a go at this real world experience."

The only thing I see here is that you stated you had a chance to see these photos and confirm that they are of "top notch quality." However, in your time of "seeing" the shots that your "photographer" took of your "model" you decided that at the point you didn't need to gather the materials for the reality show? You stated you saw these photos after the shoot...Wouldn't that have been the time to gather your materials?

Quit circling yourself in these whirlwinds of verbal reiterations on this forum that both isn't here to be a lawyer for you and your "company," or send you our opinions of the market value of "your" property that somebody else in your "contracts" created. I think this entire thread is a joke that creates one heck of a laugh in basically everyone who posted a reply to this incoherent ramblings of a "businessman" whom has no idea how to run a successful business, let alone create contracts that are legally binding.

Cut your darn losses and take yourself a few advil, have a nap, "hire" another photographer/model, and get this darn "reality show" online so we can all see how horrible an outcome your "business" managed to create.

/Rant

Canon EOS 60D | Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS EF 85mm f/1.8 USM EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS EF 70-200mm f/4L USM | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM

SethDuBois
718 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 14, 2011 11:38 |  #190

IMAGE: http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2467767.jpg

This is still going? The legitimacy of this issue has not only been questioned, but also chewed up, swallowed, regurgitated and stomped on.

Gear & Feedback|Flickr (external link)|500px (external link)|Facebook (external link)
www.sethdubois.com (external link)

suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 14, 2011 12:10 |  #191

Suh-weet Jesus. Are we still chewing on the same old bone here? As entertaining as it all is, I vow to not read another single post, or admit to it at least. : ) When the situation is resolved, let us know. I hope it turns out well for you and you learn something from it. Sorry this happened to you.

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 14, 2011 12:19 as a reply to  @ suecassidy's post |  #192

Well, it was fun -- the troll got fed and everybody got to yank the troll's chain.

Oh, one other thing, I have a request for the new missionaries to Peru -- could you please take the troll along with you. ;)

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

lonescout
155 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 14, 2011 12:20 as a reply to  @ suecassidy's post |  #193

mmmmmm........ I'm not sure that I feel sorry for what happened. This is because I/we don't know what happened. All we have is one guys subjective opinion of what he feels happened to him, repeated in much the same way ad nauseum throughout this thread. There is no impartial, factual material being posted although the OP is wishing for forum members to put their heads above the parapet in support of his opinion.:confused:

Unfortunately I am now this far into this thread and just like a TV soap I can't let go............... aaagghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!​!

Gear still the same. Wife drops in now and again though :cool:.

Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 14, 2011 12:25 |  #194

Bill Boehme wrote in post #13544220 (external link)
Oh, one other thing, I have a request for the new missionaries to Peru -- could you please take the troll along with you. ;)

Granted. :cool:

---------------Camera, Lens, Flash stuff.. but still wanting more

suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 14, 2011 12:28 |  #195

lonescout wrote in post #13544226 (external link)
mmmmmm........ I'm not sure that I feel sorry for what happened. !

Good point. Ok, I'm sorry this happened to US. Oh crap. I said I was going to stop reading this thread. done and DONE, I swear it.

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

sponsored links

25,254 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lawsuit Against Photographer & Model Working For Me Refused To Give Me Photos
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.