Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Nov 2011 (Wednesday) 18:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

TT Airport International & Tripod

rfreschner
ishka bibble
2,576 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Nov 30, 2011 18:18 |  #1

I've never used the external tripod mount with the Think Tank Airport International and was wondering what type of reaction that would get from an airline if one were trying to bring it on-board. Has anyone run into any issues doing this?

Rick
"We both can't be wrong; I must be right"
Bob Welch
Gear List

Litawyn
34 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 15, 2011 15:14 |  #2

I'm looking at doing the same thing too. I hope someone who's done this eventually chimes in.

John

Litawyn

Union, Maine 04862
My Gear

judyg
170 posts
Joined May 2005

Dec 15, 2011 16:22 |  #3

I've done it, several times. Most recently, I flew from JFK to Oslo with the Think Tank Airport International, with my tripod strapped on the outside. I carried it on the flight, and I did not have any problem in either direction. I had to take the tripod off in order to fit it into the overhead. I flew SAS and they have really strict weight restrictions on carry-on, and of course with all my gear in the bag I was way over the limit but they didn't weigh carryons.

In the past, I've carried backpacks with tripods attached onto airplanes with no problem.

rfreschner
THREAD ­ STARTER
ishka bibble
2,576 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 19, 2011 04:46 |  #4

Thanks for the info, judyg; I'll keep that in mind the next time I travel with it. I did notice, however, that the aisles are so tight I can barely roll the TTAI through without the tripod attached so I'd have to detach it once boarding anyway.

Rick
"We both can't be wrong; I must be right"
Bob Welch
Gear List

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

952 views & 0 likes for this thread
TT Airport International & Tripod
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.