Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 23 Dec 2011 (Friday) 08:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Our new 4 Baby Squirrels.

LucasxOB
193 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 23, 2011 08:04 |  #1

What do you think?
Anything I could have done differently?

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i762.photobucke​t.com …s/xx269/lucasxo​b/fdsa.jpg (external link)

sponsored links
cgen1
834 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 23, 2011 10:14 |  #2

I think you did very well by catching the sleeping babies. I like the expression on the squirrels face as you caught him by surprise. I took the liberty of doing a little editing as there were a few things that were distracting to me. The foreground was too bright and the DOF is a bit shallow. I tried to sharpen the little guys eyes a bit and boosted the levels to bring out more detail. I'm cetainly no pro at PP but I am still practicing. :-)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Claire
5D Mk2, 24-105L,17-40L, 50 1.8,100 2.8L, 70-200L 4.0 IS, 8-15L fisheye, Gitzo 1541T, Markins Q3 :lol:
Flickr (external link)

LucasxOB
THREAD ­ STARTER
193 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 23, 2011 10:34 |  #3

Nice job at the editing! I like how you made the foreground look way less exposed than in my original.

frankxsi
118 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 23, 2011 12:02 |  #4

they are adorable :-)

LucasxOB
THREAD ­ STARTER
193 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 23, 2011 12:24 |  #5

haha, thanks. We had 2 before. Then they got old and we let them go. They still hang around in the yard... always together. Now we have 4! I've been working a lot though. But tomorrow I'm I'm off so going to hold them so the get used to us.

Allan.L
Goldmember
1,066 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 23, 2011 12:38 |  #6

LucasxOB wrote in post #13590436 (external link)
haha, thanks. We had 2 before. Then they got old and we let them go. They still hang around in the yard... always together. Now we have 4! I've been working a lot though. But tomorrow I'm I'm off so going to hold them so the get used to us.

Nice shot!

We have had them too. We are a very nature-oriented family and have raised many many animals so one day a neighbour dropped a baby squirrel off that had fallen out of its nest. So we raised it and built it a squirrel house in the backyard and she lived there and came to the house everyday for a snack and to say hi. She had babies and they started coming to the house too... sadly the original female died, she hung around for 3 years and suddenly stopped coming around the house. All in all a fun experience, its hilarious to play with them and to have them run around you as if they were running around a tree playing with another squirrel!

Allan.L
Goldmember
1,066 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 23, 2011 12:48 |  #7

Here was Hazel our first squirrel just hanging out, this was ~5 years ago I think...

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i87.photobucket​.com …eparskas/29Jan2​007094.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

LucasxOB
THREAD ­ STARTER
193 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 23, 2011 20:42 |  #8

hahaha. Awww!

sponsored links

1,221 views & 0 likes for this thread
Our new 4 Baby Squirrels.
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.