Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 13 Jul 2011 (Wednesday) 15:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

new business cards.. critique before I order please :)

sbattey
Goldmember
1,250 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 17, 2011 01:22 |  #16
bannedPermanent ban

I would like to also make a comment about the phone number - there is a reason why phone numbers are broken into segments: the human brain isn't wired for remembering long number sequences, this is why different kinds of number sequences are broken up. (globally)

You are doing yourself a disservice by not having some sort of hyphenation in your phone number.

Canon 7D | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | 430EX II
Blog (external link)

sponsored links
travsirocz
189 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 19, 2011 12:07 |  #17

aussiedee wrote in post #12759883 (external link)
the phone number and web address are too close to the bottom of the card. you need at least .125 of an inch from all sides to allow for the cuttingn process of the cards.

I personally, like either spaces, dots or lines between exchanges in phone numbers, having them run all together messes up my mind if I want to call... "which number did I just press...?"
123.456.7899 or 123 456 7899 or 123|456|7899

Love the colours, love the fonts.... layout is clean... very nice.

I will give this a +1.

Dewitz Photography | Eau Claire, WI Portrait Photographer (external link)
Commercial Photography Company | Eau Claire, WI Commercial Photographer (external link)
The Boudoir | Eau Claire, WI Boudoir Photographers (external link)
My Blaze Orange Deer Hunting Culture Book (external link)
$10 discount code for ProPhoto Photography Blog/Website (external link) TDEW2869
Travis Dewitz

Numenorean
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 19, 2011 12:16 |  #18

Don't change a thing. It's perfect because you say so. Don't bother listening to design tips. Just print them. :roll:

Gear List

Leftcoast_Mike
Goldmember
2,575 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 19, 2011 12:16 |  #19

I think it looks great but as someone suggested, I'd put a ph: in front of the phone number and (in my own opinion) divide the number with periods.

ph: 216.406.3229

My Facebook Page (external link)
My Website (external link)

whitesell
361 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 20, 2011 12:36 as a reply to  @ Leftcoast_Mike's post |  #20

I agree that it needs an email address.

The phone number is there, why make them go to your website to hunt down your email? Might as well make them go to your website to find the phone number, too. You don't want to make them work to find you - the purpose of your business card is to provide contact info, isn't it?

Regards,
Jim

Edmonton portrait photographer (external link)
Google Business Photos Edmonton (external link)
Gear list

csshih
196 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 20, 2011 13:58 |  #21

Leftcoast_Mike wrote in post #12786268 (external link)
I think it looks great but as someone suggested, I'd put a ph: in front of the phone number and (in my own opinion) divide the number with periods.

ph: 216.406.3229

+1

Craig

ShotByTom
Goldmember
3,049 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 20, 2011 16:58 |  #22

I love the card, I think you did a great job with it. I also checked out your website and it looks awesome too! Did you use the same font for the card's URL that you used on your website? The card makes more sense after looking at your website, they work very well together. On your website you used a period in your phone number, I think that would work better on your card too.
I'm torn with the email suggestion...I think you want to drive as much traffic to your website as possible, and most questions are answered there..so I could go either way with that suggestion.

Gear
Website (external link)

dwprint
34 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 25, 2011 05:51 |  #23

Just need to choose some thick (500gsm+), tactile uncoated card for this...

www.davidwardprinting.​co.uk (external link) Letterpress business cards: exquisite - exclusive - 540gsm.

sponsored links

4,548 views & 0 likes for this thread
new business cards.. critique before I order please :)
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.