Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 25 Dec 2011 (Sunday) 13:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Pass on the 1DX & 5DMK3?

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 26, 2011 10:43 |  #31

Rats! I thought maybe you knew something we didn't... :lol:

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Edwin ­ Herdman
747 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 26, 2011 10:43 |  #32

Mark II wrote in post #13597439 (external link)
How many of you will pass on buying the 1DX & 5DMK3 in hopes of Canon soon putting out a "1 series type Pro body" with more megapixels?

Depending on where a 7D replacement (or a T1i replacement, for that matter) comes in, I'll be jumping on those. The 1D X doesn't meet my requirements for pixel density; the 5D MK 3 is unlikely to either (and will be shooting slower anyway). It's a fortunate thing the 7D is pretty good!

Butch ­ Cassidy
462 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 26, 2011 10:48 as a reply to  @ Edwin Herdman's post |  #33

NAH,Been up since 2am, I sure want the IV, since I shoot sports and such. I also like night shooting,but I think the focus is good enough on the IV.

Butch Cassidy " Might have to rob a train, for more gear money"
50D _ 85 f1.8 USM _ 16-35 f2.8 L IS USM _ 24-70 2.8 L USM _ 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM _ 300 f2.8 L IS USM _ 580 EX 11

markd61
60 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 26, 2011 11:11 as a reply to  @ Butch Cassidy's post |  #34

I guess I am in the minority in my admiration for the 1DX. I do agree that the price is daunting but it is arguably better than the 1Dsmk3 by quite a bit.

18MP vs. 21MP is visually insignificant. As the enthusiast and pro public seemed to rise up in unison and demand FEWER pixels of higher quality it seems that Canon has gotten it right.
After the furor over the 1Dmk3 AF and the suspicions about the mkIV AF Canon has addressed that with an all-new AF for the X. Again, Canon listening to the market.
Video capabilities have been improved. Not my area of expertise or interest but as people raved about the 5Dmk2 video I would think this is an improvement over that and would be an excellent solution for high quality video short of taking the plunge into dedicated video kit.

So why the carping? Is it because the mkIV actually looks pretty good for the price? I felt it was always a good deal but so many seemed ambivalent about it.

For many pros the speed, IQ and ruggedness coupled with the video is an ideal combo. For me and other pros needing high MP we already use the 5Dmk2 quite happily. Speed is not really important. A new camera for me would be geared toward offering multiple mounting points for accessories to create a modular camera that can be configured for various studio and architectural duties.

nonick
Goldmember
1,588 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 26, 2011 11:49 |  #35

I want a FF with a better and more flexible AF system... something like 7D's (which I like a lot) will be good enough. I predict Hybird veiwfinder WILL be the next big thing on ALL DSLR and I guess the next prosumner FF from Canon will equip that.

Gear|Searching for 7DII, Buying 5DIII 35L II, 24-70 2.8L IS

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,392 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pass on the 1DX & 5DMK3?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.