Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 22 Dec 2011 (Thursday) 22:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best budget Filmmaking Lenses For The Canon 600D ?

t3iblues
98 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Dec 26, 2011 21:49 |  #16

I didn't like my 18-135 mm and sold it on ebay for $220. Then to replace it I bought a T3i 18-55mm Kit lens for $110 on ebay and it focused better and took clearer video than the 18-135mm did.

Then in a quest for even sharper and more detailed video I bought a dedicated $600 camcorder (Panasonic TM900). It's video and audio quality, image stabilization and zooming power blew the T3i's out of the ball park (it shoots 1080/60p which is twice as detailed as the T3i's 1080/60i) . So I sold the T3i on ebay for $675.

Bruce ­ Foreman
279 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Dec 27, 2011 02:17 |  #17

Jasonxlo wrote in post #13593497 (external link)
thanks everyone...
if I had came back early i would keep my 18-135....
and the sad thing is I could not win the sigma 15-50mm ex dc macro on ebay...sigh
but I got 50mm 1.8 and it will be my only lens now...
so I have been told what I really need now is a budget wide lens....and I have no idea which should I go...all of them seem like out of budget...

Look for a used EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS "kit" lens. Much maligned (in error) this lens while cheaply constructed as part of Canon's economy line is no slouch. Covers a "workhorse" wide angle to portrait length tele range, is extremely lightweight, and the 18mm wide end is very useful.

I found an extra for sale on another site's Trade & Exchange forum, sold by a guy who took it off a new T3i and didn't need it, so I got it almost brand new for $70. Went on my 60D as a "runaround" lens when I don't need anything more "serious".

I actually use it for video whenever I need something "wider" than the primes I prefer for video. I use EF 24mm f2.8, EF 28mm f1.8, and EF 50mm f1.8 primes.

Bruce ­ Foreman
279 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Dec 27, 2011 02:22 |  #18

t3iblues wrote in post #13602701 (external link)
twice as detailed as the T3i's 1080/60i) . So I sold the T3i on ebay for $675.

None of the Canon DSLR's shoot interlaced video. In NTSC the T3i shoots 1920x1080 30p or 24p or 1280x720 60p.

Many camcorders will shoot video with sharper edge detail than Canon DSLR's. However the latter will tend to have better tonal rendition. It's whatever you're after.

I have my Canon HF100's configured for less sharp detail and the footage from them actually intercuts well with Canon DSLR video.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

13,361 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best budget Filmmaking Lenses For The Canon 600D ?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.