Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 30 Nov 2011 (Wednesday) 12:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adobe to charge full price for CS6 Upgrade!

TooManyHobbies
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 25, 2011 22:35 |  #16

The deadline for upgrading with a 20% discount to cs5.5 in order to get upgrade pricing on cs6 is ending soon 12/31/11

~ Jeff

Canon EOS-1DX & 1Ds MkIII, 20D(IR), G12, G9, G5, ... Gear List
JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

sponsored links
Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 26, 2011 11:39 |  #17

Screw Adobe. I'm done buying any of their products. Between the Flash fiasco and this, you have to be missing a chromosome or two to continue buying their software. The company has gone down the tubes.

"Raw" is not an acronym, abbreviation, nor a proper noun; thus, it should not be in capital letters.

J_TULLAR
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,011 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 26, 2011 13:42 |  #18

Im just gonna buy CS6 when I get my student discount for taking college classes lol. Regular price is a rip off now IMHO.

Model Mayhem (external link)
Flickr (external link)

boerewors
Goldmember
1,948 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 27, 2011 08:20 |  #19

CS5 exceeds all my needs and expectations as is. Unless CS6 has something more revolutionary than deblur, im not too concerned about getting it.

The most important piece of gear you own, resides in your head and its called your brain.

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 27, 2011 09:12 |  #20

Just trying it out now.

Tilt shift filter is there.

Chris Giles Photography

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 27, 2011 10:31 |  #21

Gel wrote in post #13604442 (external link)
Just trying it out now.

Tilt shift filter is there.

Is the deblur filter included?

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 27, 2011 14:13 |  #22

Nope, not on the version I have, on comparing the vids demonstrating it in use it seems to be some sort of actual plugin...which is potentially good news for CS5 users if true.

Chris Giles Photography

boerewors
Goldmember
1,948 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 27, 2011 21:05 |  #23

a search on the net reveals that CS6 is mainly improved for 3D images and then there are a couple extra tricks to do with cloning, gradients, cropping ect. Some nice stuff but not enough to make photographers need it. CS5 had features that made photographers go WOW! The thing im worried about is the ACR side of things. Does the new photoshop come with a new ACR that will no longer support previous versions of PS? It was the reason i purchased CS5 after i could not open my 60D RAW files in CS3.

The most important piece of gear you own, resides in your head and its called your brain.

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 28, 2011 17:55 |  #24

One thing I'm not impressed with is the lacking multiprocessor support.

Whilst yes, it's still a beta the fact that Adobe hasn't acknowledged it either is a worry.

I just converted 100 60mm TIFF files to JPEG level 10 and it was the same speed as CS5.
Not only that but my resource monitor still only showed up to 4GB of ram used at any one time.
Cpu max usage was 20% in an i7 960.

On a 64bit OS with a 64bit version of both CS5 and CS6

Chris Giles Photography

mblobster
42 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 02, 2012 08:57 |  #25

J_TULLAR wrote in post #13474667 (external link)
My thoughts exactly, great way to push users to find other resources *ahem lol.

lol

sponsored links

5,904 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adobe to charge full price for CS6 Upgrade!
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.