Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 28 Dec 2011 (Wednesday) 10:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wedding Stories.. Good and Bad

Arman's ­ Photography
663 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 31, 2011 12:36 |  #16

Like many of you I never had a bad wedding, all the weddings just nice, couple issues with videographers but that was it(who did not have those? :) ). Everyone in every wedding was really nice, polite and appreciated my work. Same from mine side. Maybe I was just lucky. Maybe we should write about experience with videographers :)

Toronto Wedding Photographer (external link)
Oakville Wedding photographer (external link)
Milton Wedding Photographer (external link)
2x5D MII gripped, 24-70mm f2.8 L, 70-200mm f2.8 II ISL, 580EXII,580EXII,2xYN56​5II ....

sponsored links
lauderdalems
759 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 01, 2012 17:20 |  #17

Thirty years ago this week, I shot my last wedding. It was also my own wedding. Of course, it was a very very small wedding at my wife church.

Still married and shooting mostly stuff I like - like sports and wildlife.

http://gamedayphotos.u​wa.edu/ (external link)

Teachflute
239 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jan 03, 2012 12:41 |  #18

2 weddings ago, one of the bridesmaids dress had a zipper that completely busted. No one panicked. My assistant calmly sewed her into her dress with the sewing kit that I always have in my bag. Good thing she is a good seamstress. That's really my wildest story and it's not that wild.

~Judi
http://www.faithfulpho​tos.com (external link)

rincon
240 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 03, 2012 14:37 |  #19

A couple if incidents come to mind - one where the groom was so drunk he had to be held up at the altar during the ceremony. Another where the bride was almost 2 hours late to the church and the priest turned off the lights half way through the formal portraits because it was time to start confessions.

Bentapp2
205 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 03, 2012 23:37 |  #20

One of my best stories goes as such:

It's 5 mintues before the ceremony: It's a beach wedding, and the MOG has just dropped the rings in the sand and can't remember where it happened. The officiant hadn't showed up yet, and someone had knocked over the table with the wine for the wine ceremony. I prepare myself for the worst and go talk to the bride; And she was sooooooo cool about it. "Meh" she said with flitty disregard, "We'll just borrow rings, wait a few minutes for the priest, and if he doesn't show my uncle is a pastor". I would have said I love you to her... but you know... It was a great ceremony, and a great rest of the day. The priest showed up 2 minutes later, someone came after the ceremony with a metal detector and found the rings, and no one even missed the wine ceremony. Obla Di Obla Dah

adscav
25 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 04, 2012 06:18 |  #21

Last year we had a groom faint twice during the vows.

Hunter Valley Wedding Photographer (external link)

picturecrazy
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,562 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 05, 2012 14:41 |  #22

In summer 2007, my city (Edmonton) had it's largest building fire in decades, with flames shooting over 10 stories high. An entire condo complex was destroyed, as well as a few dozen homes either destroyed or seriously damaged.

I met the bride at the salon. She didn't seem her cheery self. I asked if she was ok and she said she wasn't sure if she'd have a home to go to at the end of the day. The fire was only half a block from her home.

The groomsmen called. They said they couldn't get their tuxes out of their house because police had barricaded the whole community.

One groomsman said he was watching the fire from a distance. He said he was watching the fire consume his next door neighbours house, and thought he'd be homeless within an hour.

Then the best man called. They were in the hospital emergency. The groom woke up horribly ill with a crazy fever and sweating like crazy so they took him to the hospital.

At that point she finally broke down and cried.

As it turns out...

The groom was given medications that brought him back to life so he could get on with the day.

The groomsmen played ninja and climbed a dozen fences and backyards to sneak into the bride's house to get the tuxes.

The firemen managed to stop the fire at that house, so the groomsman still had a home with minimal damage by the end of the day. They also stopped it before it burned down the bride and groom's home.

It was one of my favourite weddings to date.

-Lloyd
The BOUDOIR - Edmonton Intimate Boudoir Photography (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Headshot Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 05, 2012 16:31 |  #23

picturecrazy wrote in post #13652469 (external link)
In summer 2007, my city (Edmonton) had it's largest building fire in decades, with flames shooting over 10 stories high. An entire condo complex was destroyed, as well as a few dozen homes either destroyed or seriously damaged.

I met the bride at the salon. She didn't seem her cheery self. I asked if she was ok and she said she wasn't sure if she'd have a home to go to at the end of the day. The fire was only half a block from her home.

The groomsmen called. They said they couldn't get their tuxes out of their house because police had barricaded the whole community.

One groomsman said he was watching the fire from a distance. He said he was watching the fire consume his next door neighbours house, and thought he'd be homeless within an hour.

Then the best man called. They were in the hospital emergency. The groom woke up horribly ill with a crazy fever and sweating like crazy so they took him to the hospital.

At that point she finally broke down and cried.

As it turns out...

The groom was given medications that brought him back to life so he could get on with the day.

The groomsmen played ninja and climbed a dozen fences and backyards to sneak into the bride's house to get the tuxes.

The firemen managed to stop the fire at that house, so the groomsman still had a home with minimal damage by the end of the day. They also stopped it before it burned down the bride and groom's home.

It was one of my favourite weddings to date.

Pictures or it didnt happen. ?

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

Mel1960
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jan 07, 2012 08:38 |  #24

I had a wedding a couple of years ago where, after a drink fuelled reception, the bride and groom started arguing with the venue owners and to cut a long story short........the police were called, and the police dogs and a large van!! The B&G and a number of guests were arrested and the rest of the guests finished off the reception at a local pub!! I have never been so scared in my life. Needless to say.......money can't buy class!!!

casp3r
Goldmember
1,489 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2006

Jan 12, 2012 10:42 |  #25

Only ever done 1 wedding and being nervous about it I wanted to get to the hotel (where the ceremony was taking place) really early. So set off with enough time that would get to to the hotel about two hours early. Go to within 4 or 5 hundred yards of the hotel and came across a road closed sign. I could see the hotel but the cop wouldn't let me past, 'but it's there' I kept pointing :) Ended up having to take a 5 mile detour to come in another way.

Many, many, many years ago I was asked to video a friends wedding, wasn't a close friend so hadn't been asked to it but he called on me late the night before. I arrived at the chapel the next day with another friend who happened to over hear the priest asking the groom if he was sure he wanted to go a head with the wedding. I think the marriage only lasted a few years.

http://www.mcarberypho​to.co.uk (external link)
http://www.niaviation.​co.uk (external link)
Facebook (external link)

Arman's ­ Photography
663 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 14, 2012 11:33 as a reply to  @ casp3r's post |  #26

Weddings are stressful but can be fun and aspiring

Toronto Wedding Photographer (external link)
Oakville Wedding photographer (external link)
Milton Wedding Photographer (external link)
2x5D MII gripped, 24-70mm f2.8 L, 70-200mm f2.8 II ISL, 580EXII,580EXII,2xYN56​5II ....

sponsored links

4,003 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wedding Stories.. Good and Bad
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.