Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 02 Jan 2012 (Monday) 15:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama battery sale

swinette
173 posts
Joined May 2011

Jan 02, 2012 15:49 |  #1

I haven't looked through everything, but a lot of Flashpoint batteries are on sale, plus they have a "buy more and save" on top of that. If you buy one LP-E6 equivalent, it's $29.95, two or more are $15/each.
http://view.e.adorama.​com …e2415797c650274​731571&r=0 (external link)

April

sponsored links
isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 03, 2012 00:05 |  #2

To much mixed reviews with Flashpoint rather buy STK (stirlingtek) or Delkin on Amazon for a few bucks more.

nonick
Goldmember
1,588 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 03, 2012 00:35 |  #3

Stirlingtek is prbably the only 3rd party battery I will consider as I read a lot of good reviews on those. But I use authentic brand batteries only so far and buy from trustable authorized dealers only ... I heard too many bad stories regarding 3rd party batteries... although most are cell phone batteries . I just don't want to take the chance.

Gear|Searching for 7DII, Buying 5DIII 35L II, 24-70 2.8L IS

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 03, 2012 22:51 |  #4

Never used the original canon battery that came with my 5d classic as it did not have enough juice. Have always used sterlingteks (5 different units) for a few years now and never had a problem (but neither did the batteries have so much electronics on them before).

Based on my personel experiences and from what I read in the reviews, I would not hesitate to buy and use sterlingteks on my camera.

RandyS
Goldmember
1,046 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 06, 2012 18:48 |  #5

Just got a pair of Flashpoint NB-6Ls from this sale.

One of them is a couple mm longer than the other, and it won't fit into the camera. Nice.

At least the shorter one fits - we'll see how it works over time.

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 06, 2012 20:25 |  #6

RandyS wrote in post #13660051 (external link)
One of them is a couple mm longer than the other, and it won't fit into the camera. Nice.

Makes you wonder how people like STK that are a fraction of the size of Adorama can have such better quality control.

RandyS
Goldmember
1,046 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 07, 2012 17:05 |  #7

isoMorphic wrote in post #13660552 (external link)
Makes you wonder how people like STK that are a fraction of the size of Adorama can have such better quality control.

I'm fairly certain that the only thing Adorama has to do with manufacturing these batteries is contract negotiation to get a price based on volume purchased.

I'd lay odds the same plant is making several other relabled generic replacement batteries.

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 07, 2012 19:08 |  #8

RandyS wrote in post #13664490 (external link)
I'm fairly certain that the only thing Adorama has to do with manufacturing these batteries is contract negotiation to get a price based on volume purchased.

Understandable but the same applies to other battery sellers who don't have this quality issue. If your supplier sucks get a new supplier so your customers don't lose faith in your products. For all we know these could actually be the bad batches that nobody else wants.

FLiPMaRC
967 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 09, 2012 10:59 |  #9

:lol:

Flashpoint LP-E6 (1400mAh) = $30 ... http://www.adorama.com​/IBYLPE6.html?EmailPri​ce=T (external link)

Sterlingtek LP-E6 (2600mAh) = $25 ... http://www.amazon.com …?ie=UTF8&m=A1PN​ORSCX2V6QE (external link)

Gear List

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 09, 2012 14:10 |  #10

RandyS wrote in post #13660051 (external link)
Just got a pair of Flashpoint NB-6Ls from this sale.

At least the shorter one fits - we'll see how it works over time.

Please can you email me directly with some info? If we have a quality control issue going on at the factory I'd like to be able to get it checked out: Helen@adorama.com (external link)

RandyS
Goldmember
1,046 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 09, 2012 17:33 |  #11

HelenOster wrote in post #13674523 (external link)
Please can you email me directly with some info? If we have a quality control issue going on at the factory I'd like to be able to get it checked out: Helen@adorama.com (external link)

You've got mail.

:)

Trogdor
82 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 09, 2012 19:23 |  #12

If you click on the buy more and save link, it will show you that the actual price, if you buy two or more, is only $15

I jumped on this and they should be here on wednesday, though I guess i didnt realize that they were only 1400mAh. Hmmmm. I will have a look when I get them.

FLiPMaRC wrote in post #13673520 (external link)
:lol:

Flashpoint LP-E6 (1400mAh) = $30 ... http://www.adorama.com​/IBYLPE6.html?EmailPri​ce=T (external link)

Sterlingtek LP-E6 (2600mAh) = $25 ... http://www.amazon.com …?ie=UTF8&m=A1PN​ORSCX2V6QE (external link)

RandyS
Goldmember
1,046 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 11, 2012 06:52 |  #13

I wanted to mention that I got in touch with Helen after she saw my post above, and as of yesterday had confirmation email from Adorama that my replacement shipped.

Thanks Helen!

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 11, 2012 06:54 |  #14

RandyS wrote in post #13684604 (external link)
I wanted to mention that I got in touch with Helen after she saw my post above, and as of yesterday had confirmation email from Adorama that my replacement shipped.

Thanks Helen!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,163 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 11, 2012 07:19 |  #15

I thought about it, but after seeing th terrible reviews on adorama's site, I decided not to.

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

sponsored links

1,313 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama battery sale
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.