Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 04 Jan 2012 (Wednesday) 10:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Leaflets at wedding fairs

gazza1201
193 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 04, 2012 10:39 |  #1

I have just contacted a wedding company in regards to a wedding fair and unfortunately they have no spaces left.

However they have offered me the opportunity to put my leaflets in their goody bags.

The total cost for me is around £50.00 ($80) for 150 brides, is this something you guys would do? I know it is small money for advertising but it is still £50.00 down the drain if they just get thrown in the bin. At the moment I don't pay for any advertising so I am a little wary. My instincts are however to go for it. Would love some of your opinions.

Thanks

http://www.gdphotograp​her.co.uk (external link)
http://www.weddingphot​ographerinessex.com (external link)

sponsored links
rhommel
187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 04, 2012 10:52 |  #2

for $80, i would do it. I am pretty sure that a lot of the brides will actually check out your flyer (leaflet) but it is a numbers game, so even if only 5 out of the 150 actually saw your leaflet, actually means you have 5 potential clients...

Don't Click This (external link)

gazza1201
THREAD ­ STARTER
193 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 04, 2012 11:05 |  #3

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think I will go for it!

http://www.gdphotograp​her.co.uk (external link)
http://www.weddingphot​ographerinessex.com (external link)

Grumpy_one
611 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 04, 2012 11:14 |  #4

gazza1201 wrote in post #13645187 (external link)
I have just contacted a wedding company in regards to a wedding fair and unfortunately they have no spaces left.

However they have offered me the opportunity to put my leaflets in their goody bags.

The total cost for me is around £50.00 ($80) for 150 brides, is this something you guys would do? I know it is small money for advertising but it is still £50.00 down the drain if they just get thrown in the bin. At the moment I don't pay for any advertising so I am a little wary. My instincts are however to go for it. Would love some of your opinions.

Thanks

I used to be in sales a long time ago and I'm in no way a pro/wedding photog, but for 80.00, what do you have to loose? A lead is a lead, and we used to get pretty imaginative when it came to getting leads. All it takes is a couple of word of mouths and you're on your way. If I were to consider doing weddings full time (which is a consideration for later down the road) I think 80.00 is negligible. See what the pro's have to say.

I shoot Canon's
1DX II, Canon 7D Gripped, 5D3, 24-70L II, 70-200L 2.8 IS Mk I, 85 1.8, Pocket Wizard II triggers, assorted speedlites and modifiers, 580EX, 580EXII, YN560's (6 or so) 50 1.4, t/c 1.4 MkII
www.happyvalleyphotogr​aphy.com (external link)

ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
10,884 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jan 04, 2012 14:14 as a reply to  @ Grumpy_one's post |  #5

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you don't do it the brides cannot contact you. It's about getting them to contact you and then it is your job to do the sales job. In addition to the 80.00 you have the production cost of the flyer you will give them. I wouldn't do something on my inkjet printer but would have something done professionally. There are services such as Vistaprint that you can design the article and upload to them for printing. I would design something that could be used for different promotions as well. If you wanted to be able to add something to it unique to this bridal fair you can leave a spot that you could apply a self adhesive sticker. This is going to cost you .53 for each potential lead. If you are trying to run your service as a business then you should have funds set aside for marketing and this appears to me that it is a decent chance of at least talking to some potential clients. I would definitely go for it at this price.

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Gallery (external link) | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

canonguy14
379 posts
Joined May 2011

Jan 05, 2012 07:42 |  #6

rhommel wrote in post #13645254 (external link)
for $80, i would do it. I am pretty sure that a lot of the brides will actually check out your flyer (leaflet) but it is a numbers game, so even if only 5 out of the 150 actually saw your leaflet, actually means you have 5 potential clients...

+1

All you need is 1 bride to book out of 150 and you've earned your investment back and then some. (assuming you charge at least $80 to shoot a wedding :D)

Canon 5D MkII x 2 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 | Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | 600EX-RT x 2 | 580EXII | AB800
Alex J. Photography (external link)
Facebook (external link)

SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop
5,709 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 05, 2012 10:22 |  #7

don't forget time and cost for creating, printing and delivering those flyers as well

EOS R6’ / 1D X / 1D IV (and the wife has a T4i)
Sig35A, Sig50A, Sig85A, Sig14-24A, Sig24-105A, Sig70-200S, Sig150-600C
100-400L, 100L, 100/2, 300 2.8L, 1.4x II / 2x II
600EX-II X3, 430EX-III X3

LONDON808
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 05, 2012 15:52 |  #8

I wouldn't put in a leaflet, i would want to make it something that makes them go WoW,

try something in an envelope addressed to the bride to be
Or
try a small matt frame of one of our prints with your info on the back
Or
How about a DVD with samples of your work on it and have your info printed on the front of the dick (i use this for another burliness i run)

A flyer of leaflet will be overlooked or thrown away, Grab attention and keep it for more then 10 seconds and you will get bookings

View My Flickr (external link)

NewHorizonPhoto
180 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 06, 2012 15:21 |  #9

^ I think there was a slight misspelling in that last post. :)

SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop
5,709 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 06, 2012 16:02 |  #10

NewHorizonPhoto wrote in post #13658813 (external link)
^ I think there was a slight misspelling in that last post. :)

he does use it for another business he runs... I wonder if charges by the shot...

EOS R6’ / 1D X / 1D IV (and the wife has a T4i)
Sig35A, Sig50A, Sig85A, Sig14-24A, Sig24-105A, Sig70-200S, Sig150-600C
100-400L, 100L, 100/2, 300 2.8L, 1.4x II / 2x II
600EX-II X3, 430EX-III X3

rhommel
187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 07, 2012 09:18 |  #11

SMP_Homer wrote in post #13659095 (external link)
he does use it for another business he runs... I wonder if charges by the shot...

probably... the money shot ;)

Don't Click This (external link)

sponsored links

1,945 views & 0 likes for this thread
Leaflets at wedding fairs
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.