Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Kids & Family Talk 
Thread started 18 Nov 2011 (Friday) 20:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Opinion on these photos?

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2005

Dec 28, 2011 14:56 |  #91

Did you not see her work on FB prior to booking her to shoot your family? Just curious....

Everything she shoots is out of focus.. skin tones are wonky.... but.. she is creative, and her compositions look nice. She just needs a photography lesson I guess.

Sad thing is that people will pay money for subpar photos, and even go "on the cheap" and end up with a bunch of this kind of crap. She should be portfolio building and refining her errors... shooting for free to get practice... or maybe she needs to buy a doll head and figure out how to focus that camera...

It's embarassing to other paid photographers that somone is charging for this kind of work. :(
and it's sad that the average person without at "trained eye" cannot understand the difference between a good quality portrait and junk.

Even if you get the RAW files, the images may not be in focus... so you'll be hard pressed to make anything larger than an 8x10 at best.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

sponsored links
Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 29, 2011 08:01 |  #92

Pretty sorry effort. Looks like she has tried to sharpen some of the OOF's but looks like she might be as good at post processing as she is at shooting in the first place. Some of her FB shots are reasonable though even a blind squirrel will occasionally find a nut. Looks like she spent some time for your $$ but unfortunately you paid for results that she clearly could not deliver. I had to laugh at her water marking - personally I would not want to put my name on many of those.

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

acousticdank
509 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 03, 2012 10:55 |  #93

AtomicPenguin wrote in post #13519866 (external link)
Yeah look, it's a silky smooth baby demon taking a poop:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.f​bcdn.net …2485_477595_652​3907_n.jpg (external link)

bw!

5D Mark II
Gear and Feedback
flickr (external link)

rhommel
187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 04, 2012 12:09 |  #94

CreedThoughts wrote in post #13610443 (external link)
Go get another camera.. you got kids. It's the best reason to go out and buy some camera equipment.

+1 This is the best time to buy a dslr!! perfect excuse for the wife ;)

Don't Click This (external link)

rhommel
187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 04, 2012 12:11 |  #95

xcel730 wrote in post #13520759 (external link)
After seeing the rest of the photos, they don't seem all too bad. They're actually quite in line with what I see from her facebook pages (though again the post processing is a little too over the top for my personal preference).

Some of these are are quite nice if you could request the photographer to provide you with the original files and you do the post processing yoursef.

i agree. it looks like the damage was done during the processing of the photos... i wonder how the original files look like... maybe you can ask her to give you the 'unedited' version (jpegs, i doubt she'll give you the RAW files) and then call it even?

Don't Click This (external link)

ScPhotoMom
Goldmember
2,312 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jan 04, 2012 12:17 |  #96

Wow... This is BAD. And sadly I see this a lot! I would never ever charge some one for work like this. As a matter of fact, when I was just starting out I would ask people to pay me for my gas expense, usually around $25 is what I got and if I did a session where I even had questionable results, I told them dont worry about paying me. How on earth this person kept your money and could live with themselves, Ill never know... :(

My Flickr (external link) - My Gear -My facebook (external link)
Canon 7d Mark II - Canon 40D - Canon 580ex - Canon 28-135mm(3.5) - Canon EF 17-55mm(2.8) - Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III - Canon 85mm 1.8

lvph2
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,909 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jan 04, 2012 15:12 |  #97

rhommel wrote in post #13645623 (external link)
+1 This is the best time to buy a dslr!! perfect excuse for the wife ;)

Yup.

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1133365

- Nikon D3300
- Nikon 35mm F/1.8
- Sigma 17-70mm F/2.8-4 Cont.
- Tokina 100mm F/2.8 MACRO

michael ­ Lee
136 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 30, 2012 01:59 |  #98

At least her watermark is nice....

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 07, 2012 13:48 |  #99

thank you so much for the thread..I can't stop laughing at the comments. lol

Are you sure all her FB likes are actual likes or likes to troll her photography..?

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

bespoke
710 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 07, 2012 14:27 |  #100

Vixen89 wrote in post #13843101 (external link)
thank you so much for the thread..I can't stop laughing at the comments. lol

Are you sure all her FB likes are actual likes or likes to troll her photography..?

lots of photo pages, especially those family and kids ones run by girls, participate in "liking ladders". they all like each others pages in return for likes. it's really stupid. i have a lot of girl photographer friends on FB and all day in my news feed i see them post in liking ladders and liking dozens of pages. i see something called "silent tagging" too, maybe it's the same thing

Toronto Fashion Photographer (external link)
5D3 & 5D2s | 24 TS-E II, 24-70 II, 85L II, 100L, 70-200L II, 35 & 85 Zeiss ZE, Samyang 14, Sigma 50
Hasselblads + Leaf Aptus MFDB, Fuji X100, Epson 3880/9890

cee22
23 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 08, 2012 23:06 |  #101

wow, these photos...everything has already been said, but yikes. How do you even mess this up as badly as she did? I don't know if it's the white balance, the contrasting the heck out of the photos, SOMETHING in the post processing has gone horribly, horribly wrong. *sigh* I wish I'd been here from the beginning of the thread, lol

sponsored links

13,821 views & 0 likes for this thread
Opinion on these photos?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Kids & Family Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.