Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 04 Dec 2005 (Sunday) 17:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Member introductions

mblobster
42 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 02, 2012 07:57 |  #751

Hello folks,

My name is Mike and I am 27 years old. I've been into photography for about 4 years now. I wanted to take better pictures of my kids and I decided to get my first DSLR. I bought the Canon XSI and I quickly realized that I LOVED photography! I am currently looking for a new setup, but the camera I want is still not available. So I am playing the waiting game.

sponsored links
rob360
22 posts
Joined May 2011

Jan 04, 2012 10:27 as a reply to  @ mblobster's post |  #752

Hello ...

My name is Robert, 29 yo, from Bandung - Indonesia ...

Just upgraded my DSLR last December and I joined this community to learn more about photography.

My primary interests are Kids, Animals, Fashion, Sports & Street.

Hope to learn from all of you.

Many thanks.

Canon 60D, Canon 500D, EF-S 18-55 mm IS II, EF 50 mm f1.8 II, Quarzel Jazzy Bag

drvideo
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 05, 2012 11:13 as a reply to  @ post 13596634 |  #753

Hi all;

My name is Dan, and I live just outside of San Diego, CA. I've had the shutterbug for over 40 years and am getting back in to it after an extended hiatus. The quality of the images from modern DSLRs just blows me away. I thought my olf Nikon F2 was good, but today's digitals ROCK !

I've shot various formats, from 126 to 35mm to 6x6, and a variety of video, DV, HDV, BetaCam, D1, H.264, etc. and like still photography best.

I'm grateful for this forum and the combined expertise of its members. I expect to learn a lot in the coming years, and hope to be able to make some small contribution, as well.

60D/Tam 17-50 f2.8 XR Di-II VC LD/Tam 70-200 f2.8 Di LD/Tam 60 F2 Macro/Tok 11-16 f2.8
Sunpak Auto544/Sekonic L758CINE

AJX
568 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jan 05, 2012 11:33 |  #754

Hello everybody !

I'm Juneid and i'm 18 yo. I was born in Saint Petersburg - Russia , and lived my first seven years there , then my family moved to Irbid - Jordan, but i spend every summer in Russia in my summerhouse it's 100m far from a lake.
I got my first Digital camera in 2007 i think , then in 2011 got the SX30 , and late 2011 i got my first DSLR the Canon EOS 1000d aka Rebel XS.
I'm honestly grateful or such a great forum ! POTN you ROCK !! Thank you for getting me deeper into photography .

*Sorry for my english if there are any grammar mistakes ,as it's not my native language
Canon EOS 1000D EOS 60D Helios 44M 58mm f/2.0 - 24-70L - 18-55mm II - 50mm f/1.8 II
Facebook (external link)|

iWayne
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 10, 2012 12:43 as a reply to  @ AJX's post |  #755

Hi All,

Just joined today but been lurking for over a year! Started off with a Nikon D40 and I've just order the 5DM2. Hope to learn and share knowledge with the community!

cvazbus
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 18, 2012 18:10 as a reply to  @ iWayne's post |  #756

Howdy to all

Name is Paul and am an electrician by trade. Started shooting in high school and have piddled around with photography since then. I am looking forward to learning more and upgrading my skills. Nature and clouds are my passion.

Sharing Photo Secrets (external link) across the web.

MuteGoose
181 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 23, 2012 20:07 |  #757

My name is Jeramy. I've been fascinated with photography since highschool, got to play with 5DC, and 30Ds. I bought my first camera about a year ago now. I recently purchased a 40d and 17-40. I still have a lot to learn, and am very excited to learn and grow with a great forum!

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 7D | Canon 24-105L | Canon 17-35 2.8L | Canon 50mm 1.8
My Flickr, Be Gentle. (external link)
Always seeking new knowledge on that new adventure.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 24, 2012 01:43 |  #758

Welcome, Jeramy, yeah, there's a lot to learn, but this is a great place to hang out in and learn as you are going!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

MuteGoose
181 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 31, 2012 09:25 |  #759

tonylong wrote in post #13758332 (external link)
Welcome, Jeremy, yeah, there's a lot to learn, but this is a great place to hang out in and learn as you are going!

Thanks for the welcome Tony, I love it here!

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 31, 2012 19:12 |  #760

Oops, Jeramy, I just noticed that I misspelt your name in my post above -- corrected!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

MuteGoose
181 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 31, 2012 22:56 |  #761

tonylong wrote in post #13803108 (external link)
Oops, Jeramy, I just noticed that I misspelt your name in my post above -- corrected!

You're not the first, and you won't be the last. I don't even care anymore! :D

watanabe
50 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 07, 2012 07:08 |  #762

I used to frequent apug.org/rangefinderfo​rum/etc but this place had a lot of good advice for where I'm headed so I'll be spending some time here.

I'm an architecture grad student at U of Michigan graduating this semester. I just sold off almost all of my large format system (arca 4x5) and am buying into Canon. In undergrad I taught myself on a Nikon F2 and later a Hasselblad 501CM, as I was always shooting on a tripod I decided that I should move up to large format for movements/etc: got a Sinar Norma, then tried a P and finally the arca but never got around to shooting as it was too much of a hassle so I moved in the other direction.

Little while ago I picked up a nex5 on a whim, then gave it to the wife and got a 5n with some legacy lenses. Recently read about the conorus NEX-EF adapter and decided to sell off my LF kit I wasn't using and pick up the 24mm TS-E II with the intention of using it on the 5n until a FF evil came out.

Well, I couldn't resist and so now I'm selling off everything else and going all in with Canon! My kit:

Camera:
5D mk ii kit with 24-105L (selling the 24-105)

I'm limiting myself to just 2 lenses, but nice ones:
24mm TS-E II and 1.4x mk iii extender
85mm 1.2L II (arrives wed!)

Figures this will give me movements for architecture, and 85 for people.

I'm also eager to learn flash("strobist") as it was something I never tried with film as I was an available light snob (but really just didn't want to learn on film)

ST-E2 (first picked this up just to assist AF with the 85)
430EX II
LP120 x2
LP605 stands + LP heads
Marumi vari-nd (1-9 stop reduction to allow me to keep the 85 open with off camera flash)

Throwing everything in a hazard 4 plan b evac photo recon (what a name!) sling pack.

Just wanted to introduce myself before I put the 24-105L up for sale!

Cheers,

Alexander

Gear List
5∞px (external link)

latino_heat
20 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 10, 2012 02:08 |  #763

Sup guys, just joined today. Looking to have a good time with my Rebel XS :)

properexposure
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 15, 2012 06:46 |  #764
bannedPermanent ban

Hello fellow photographers!

Call me P.E :cool:

windpig
Chopped liver
14,950 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 15, 2012 11:18 |  #765

properexposure wrote in post #13901078 (external link)
Hello fellow photographers!

Welcome:D

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

sponsored links

223,959 views & 49 likes for this thread
Member introductions
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.