Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 03 Jan 2012 (Tuesday) 23:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A Dance in the Late Afternoon Sun...

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 03, 2012 23:25 |  #1

I must be lucky because this is the second time in less than 2 weeks that she has asked me to take her picture.. Love it! :)

After work today as the sun was getting lower and warm in the sky, she wanted pictures of herself playing with her ladybug friend...

I thought I'd put a little glow on them to give it a dreamy feeling, but they seem a little off color now.... anyway, it's fine for a mommy memory. :)

Happy Tuesday! :)

IMAGE: http://ksnyderphoto.smugmug.com/Family/2012-January/i-BM3fbGk/0/XL/Alyssa-Triptych-2-22x12-XL.jpg

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

sponsored links
suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 04, 2012 01:18 |  #2

Kristy, I've loved watching your beautiful daughter grow. I can see her sitting on the cusp of "Watch me, Mom" and "don't...." Enjoy it, she is growing up so fast! Gorgeous pics, as always!

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

Sam
Goldmember
4,044 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 04, 2012 10:46 as a reply to  @ suecassidy's post |  #3

I'm going to give you some of your own advice :)

Do you have a wider shot?

It would be cute to see more of the "dancing"

Kristy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 04, 2012 23:51 |  #4

Thanks Sue... :) Yes she is growing up so fast, but she's still little in a lot of ways, but certainly trying to keep up with her older sister...

Thanks for sharing my advice with me, Sam.. haha.. ;) The background was unappealing, so I was shooting tight, trying to just get the green behind her. Next time we'll have to run over to the greenbelt so we have more options.

But yeah.. I do need to learn to compose better and shoot more of the scene. Should be my goal for this year.. I suck at it.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin

LeonaS
29 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 06, 2012 03:27 |  #5

Lovely shots, good focus as well :)

Kristy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 06, 2012 15:32 |  #6

Thank you Leona.... :)

~George Carlin

sponsored links

1,241 views & 0 likes for this thread
A Dance in the Late Afternoon Sun...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.