Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 05 Jan 2012 (Thursday) 17:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Never buy a filter

this thread is locked
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,090 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 06, 2012 14:47 |  #91

MOkoFOko wrote in post #13658563 (external link)
I'm sorry, but if you pay someone $400 to remove a filter that you screwed on BY HAND, then you also need to purchase a little common sense. This thread is simply ridiculous. I've never heard of anyone having as much of a problem with filters as you. This seems like complete malarkey if you ask me.

I've chatted with the guy. He's on the level. A bit impulsive and foolhardy perhaps but he isnt shining us on. He was pretty excited to order the filter and who hasnt had a new toy turn into a bit of a turd in a punchbowl and overreacted? I'm sure he will return once he finds out what it costs to repair his lens and update us.

sponsored links
Nathan
So boring
7,729 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 06, 2012 14:50 as a reply to  @ post 13655166 |  #92

So instead of losing out on $400, sell me the lens $200 below the cost of the lens. I'll take it off your hands. :p Remember to send me the box for the filter, too. I'd like to turn around and sell the filter after I get it off.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,090 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 06, 2012 15:05 |  #93

Nathan wrote in post #13658623 (external link)
So instead of losing out on $400, sell me the lens $200 below the cost of the lens. I'll take it off your hands. :p Remember to send me the box for the filter, too. I'd like to turn around and sell the filter after I get it off.

Read the whole thread, they broke the filter and cracked his lens in the process, the guy got hosed.

RandyS
Goldmember
1,046 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 06, 2012 15:13 |  #94

gonzogolf wrote in post #13658698 (external link)
Read the whole thread, they broke the filter and cracked his lens in the process, the guy got hosed.

Couple things I'm not getting here ...

I looked for where in the thread it mentioned his lens was broken (seriously bad news, by the way) but couldn't find it.

And from what you just said, it sounds like his cracked lens is his problem, even after the shop covercharged so severely for the filter removal? Seriously? They charge like $32 a minute and then tell him "too bad, so sad" when they mess it up?

What shop treated him like that?

gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,090 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 06, 2012 15:15 |  #95

I might be confusing the private message and the postings. Anyway, I dont think he paid the shop for the repair after they screwed it up so severely. He wont identify the shop, I asked.

Hoosier ­ Writer
102 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 06, 2012 15:15 |  #96

gonzogolf wrote in post #13658698 (external link)

I re-read the whole thread. I don't see anything about him breaking the filter or cracking the lens. Did I miss something?

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 06, 2012 15:20 |  #97

I think this thread's run its course. If OP wishes to add anything to it to wrap it up, he may use "Report this post" on his original post and we'll reopen it for him. Otherwise, thanks for looking.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

sponsored links

10,141 views & 0 likes for this thread
Never buy a filter
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.