Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 10 Jan 2012 (Tuesday) 11:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Model release on the go - iPad

Hard ­ Drive ­ Disk
485 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 10, 2012 11:37 |  #1

Hey guys, I am shooting a family for free on the condition that I can use the images for my portfolio. To cover myself I want to get model releases, I downloaded the Getty model release but I was wondering if any of you have used the various iPad apps. I am looking at one right now called "Easy Release" Found here
http://www.application​gap.com/ (external link)
have any of you used this or anything else similar?

Gear List
I Love ThinkTank
Is It Normal for Me to Have 7 Camera Bags?

sponsored links
BrandonSi
Nevermind.. I'm silly.
5,306 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Jan 10, 2012 12:02 |  #2

I need to start doing this, but haven't yet.. I've seen some people do it, and they can be pretty cool. I think iRelease is another big one.

[ www (external link)ยท flickr (external link)]

fredroj
66 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 10, 2012 12:25 |  #3

i have this one: http://itunes.apple.co​m …ct-maker/id356115074?mt=8 (external link) its not that bad at all...well i haven't had any problems with it

Hard ­ Drive ­ Disk
THREAD ­ STARTER
485 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 10, 2012 13:09 |  #4

Yeah, It would be MUCH more simple then having paperwork on me. its just there are several options.

Gear List
I Love ThinkTank

sf1
Goldmember
2,021 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 10, 2012 19:15 |  #5

fredroj wrote in post #13680263 (external link)
i have this one: http://itunes.apple.co​m …ct-maker/id356115074?mt=8 (external link) its not that bad at all...well i haven't had any problems with it

Using the same one, customized for model releases, copywrite release and a wedding contract...love it. The clients can sign using their finger (or iPad pen) and it emails a copy to them.

Canon 5DII, Canon 1D Mark II N
Canon 24-70 mm f/2.8 L, Canon 85 mm f/1.8, Canon 70 -200 mm f/2.8 IS L, Canon 400 mm f/5.6 L, Canon 50 mm f/1.4, Manfrotto 055XPROB & 488 RC2
Canon Speedlites 580 EX, 430 EX II & 3 PW II, iMac I7, MacBook Pro, Aperture 3, CS5

Hard ­ Drive ­ Disk
THREAD ­ STARTER
485 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 10, 2012 21:00 |  #6

sf1 wrote in post #13682424 (external link)
Using the same one, customized for model releases, copywrite release and a wedding contract...love it. The clients can sign using their finger (or iPad pen) and it emails a copy to them.

Ill give it a shot.

Gear List
I Love ThinkTank

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 10, 2012 21:06 as a reply to  @ sf1's post |  #7

I do all my contracts electronically now. It's the only way to go now. I send them by email and have them signed before the shoot. If I have to do a 2257 form then I bring the tablet to the shoot and have them sign it on location. No more lugging around folders with contracts. No more looking for space in file cabinets to store contracts. Going all electronic with contracts is definitely the best thing since moving from film to digital.

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 10, 2012 21:09 |  #8

I have Easy Release, and the add on pack. You can use the included release that is Getty approved. Or you can create your own. You can either type it on the ipad or on a computer and email it to your self then copy/paste it into the app. Not sure the add on pack is worth the extra but you can eliminate some fields if you are not going to use them, and create your own fields if you need some that are not there already.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

Staszek
Goldmember
3,606 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 10, 2012 21:16 |  #9

i have iRelease on my iPhone. Works well enough.

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)
Shooting with big noisy cameras and a bag of primes.

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 07, 2012 11:44 |  #10

I thought I would resurrect this thread and see who is using which app for the iPad/iPhone for Model Releases.
Photographers Contract Maker (external link)
Easy Release (external link)
iRelease (external link)
Release Me (external link)
Model Release (external link)
Image Release (external link)
Top Model Release (external link)

How do I know which one to get?

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

CSMFoto
Goldmember
1,178 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 07, 2012 12:03 |  #11

^ @Heath Thanks!!!!

Facebook (external link) | CSM Photography (external link) | Gear
I got some camera's & lens'.

CrayonNinja
222 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 07, 2012 12:46 |  #12
bannedPermanent ban

I use release me..or at least I try to. For the life of me I can't figure out how to save a release or open one up for someone to sign.

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 07, 2012 12:52 |  #13

Is there an App that features Property Releases as well as Model Releases?

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 07, 2012 13:02 |  #14

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #14225837 (external link)
Is there an App that features Property Releases as well as Model Releases?

Top Model Release, that has not been released yet, has a property icon shown on the iPad photo on the site.

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 07, 2012 13:06 |  #15

That looks promising.

Thanks Heath! :D

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

sponsored links

7,850 views & 0 likes for this thread
Model release on the go - iPad
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.