Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk 
Thread started 05 Jan 2012 (Thursday) 17:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Navajo fees for selling photos of Antelope Canyon

Gizmo1137
960 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 09, 2012 20:23 as a reply to  @ post 13676429 |  #16

I was there last March, took the photographers tour and did not have to sign any documents.

Best, Bruce

sponsored links
irishman
Goldmember
4,098 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 09, 2012 21:18 |  #17

Gizmo1137 wrote in post #13676671 (external link)
I was there last March, took the photographers tour and did not have to sign any documents.

The new policy started in May 2011.

6D, G9, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 15mm Fisheye, Sigma 50 2.8 macro, Nikon 14-24G 2.8, Canon 16-35 2.8 II, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS, tripod, lights, other stuff.

Gizmo1137
960 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 10, 2012 14:28 |  #18

irishman wrote in post #13677046 (external link)

Interesting, I just made it then. I am planning to return in spring or early summer. It is a ridiculous policy and difficult to enforce.

Best, Bruce

Numenorean
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jan 10, 2012 14:33 |  #19

irishman wrote in post #13677046 (external link)

Every photo I have taken and will ever take there is prior to that date then. Even if I take more. ;)

Gear List

Gizmo1137
960 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 10, 2012 15:44 |  #20

Numenorean wrote in post #13681052 (external link)
Every photo I have taken and will ever take there is prior to that date then. Even if I take more. ;)

Absolutely! :lol:

Best, Bruce

irishman
Goldmember
4,098 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 12, 2012 11:54 |  #21

[QUOTE=Numenorean;1368​1052]Every photo I have taken and will ever take there is prior to that date then. Even if I take more. ;)[/QUOTE

Erase your metadata.;)

6D, G9, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 15mm Fisheye, Sigma 50 2.8 macro, Nikon 14-24G 2.8, Canon 16-35 2.8 II, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS, tripod, lights, other stuff.

JeffCanon
811 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 12, 2012 13:00 |  #22

I did an Antelope tour in late spring of 2011, the easy one that you can walk in on flat ground at the main Navajo park. It was very crowd IMO, but the guides acted as if it was not. Came away with mixed opinions and below average photos.

IMAGE: http://www.jeffjarboe.com/Travel/Arizona-Utah-2011/Grand-Canyon/i-rQ9dm9G/0/M/IMG4547-M.jpg

Critiques Welcomed
New jeffjarboe.comexternal link Old PBaseexternal linkaka Jeff Canes or JeffCanon
Canon 7D, EOS1, A1, IV Sb, Fuji X-Pro1, Epson R-D1s

narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,668 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jan 12, 2012 13:13 |  #23

argyle wrote in post #13658952 (external link)
But putting constraints on what I can and can't do with my own work is a bit ludicrous to say the least.

be glad you aren't a concert photographer!

www.tinnitus-photography.com (external link)
Facebook link (external link)

gear list

5Dmaniac
Goldmember
1,303 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 12, 2012 13:16 |  #24

JeffCanon wrote in post #13692649 (external link)
I did an Antelope tour in late spring of 2011, the easy one that you can walk in on flat ground at the main Navajo park. It was very crowd IMO, but the guides acted as if it was not. Came away with mixed opinions and below average photos.

QUOTED IMAGE

That's why I prefer the upper Antelope Canyon over the very crowded lower one. I hated the one time I went to the tourist trap because there was no way to get a picture without a 100 people in it.

At the upper canyon you can walk in on your own and spend as much time as you want and they have some very nice formations in there.

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 12, 2012 15:56 |  #25

5Dmaniac wrote in post #13692746 (external link)
That's why I prefer the upper Antelope Canyon over the very crowded lower one. I hated the one time I went to the tourist trap because there was no way to get a picture without a 100 people in it.

At the upper canyon you can walk in on your own and spend as much time as you want and they have some very nice formations in there.

I think you're confusing the upper and lower...upper is mobbed with tours going through every 15 minutes or so.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 12, 2012 15:59 |  #26

JeffCanon wrote in post #13692649 (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE

A lot depends on the type of tour that you take. If you didn't specify "photographic" tour, you got lumped in with every Tom, Dick, and Harry using their point and shoots with the flashes going off. On the photo tours, the guides try to move every one through, making sure that every one in the group gets their shots. I found that most of the photogs were respectful of one another and did all they could to not interfere with the other shooters. Looking at your photo, I'd be totally surprised to learn that you were on the photographic tour. Hard to take a bad picture in Antelope unless its operator error.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

5Dmaniac
Goldmember
1,303 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 13, 2012 07:11 |  #27

argyle wrote in post #13693714 (external link)
I think you're confusing the upper and lower...upper is mobbed with tours going through every 15 minutes or so.

I always get confused about upper and lower:-)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 13, 2012 11:02 |  #28

5Dmaniac wrote in post #13692746 (external link)

Just remove the people in post, stick in one of those giant Lik moons and you've got a killer shot. ;)

Gizmo1137
960 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 13, 2012 11:22 |  #29

argyle wrote in post #13693738 (external link)
A lot depends on the type of tour that you take. If you didn't specify "photographic" tour, you got lumped in with every Tom, Dick, and Harry using their point and shoots with the flashes going off. On the photo tours, the guides try to move every one through, making sure that every one in the group gets their shots. I found that most of the photogs were respectful of one another and did all they could to not interfere with the other shooters. Looking at your photo, I'd be totally surprised to learn that you were on the photographic tour. Hard to take a bad picture in Antelope unless its operator error.

Yes, the photographers tour is worth the extra $ because of the guides ability to hold other tours back and allowing the photographers to get their shots.

Best, Bruce

troehr
775 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 14, 2012 04:54 |  #30

That is true. I paid extra for the photographer's tour. There are no people in any of the pictures I took. The guides hold the tourists around the corner out of view until you have taken your pictures. They did it all the way through.

sponsored links

13,732 views & 0 likes for this thread
Navajo fees for selling photos of Antelope Canyon
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.