Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 18 Jan 2012 (Wednesday) 00:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

old 20D still usable?

MilesW
240 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jan 19, 2012 00:09 |  #31

I still get great results from my 20D when I do my part. Also the price is right LOL

20D Canon EFS 17-85IS, 70-2001:4 L IS, Macro 100 F2.8, Canon 50 1.4Canon ext EF 1.4X II

sponsored links
LudwigVB
408 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 19, 2012 02:18 |  #32

I went from 10D to 20D to 30D to 40D. I remember the 20D with affection. The ony things about it that I didn't like were the loud shutter and the tiny LCD.

Virgola
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 19, 2012 03:01 |  #33

I use it now as my 2nd camera. As for me, the weakest part in it is its LCD where I can see nothing at all, but it's simply great in other things))

Canon 600D, Canon 20D, 17-85, 50 1.8, Helios 44-2.

philwillmedia
Cream of the Crop
5,252 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 19, 2012 05:47 |  #34

Cameras and lenses aren't like milk.
They don't have a "use by" or "best before" date.
They don't suddenly stop producing good images on a pre-determined date or the nano second a new model is released.

Regards, Phil
2013/14 CAMS Gold Accredited Photographer | 2010 & 2011 V8 Supercars Aust. Accredited Photographer | 2008, '09, '10 South Aus. Rally Photographer of the Year | Catch Fence Photos - 2009 Photo of the Year (external link)Finallist - 2014 NT Media Awards
"A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office" | www.freewebs.com/philw​illmedia (external link)

stevod
27 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 19, 2012 06:42 |  #35

Keep using it. If you have an itch to spend then buy some glass!

S

Stephen
Residence Interior Design Winchester, Hampshire and London (external link)

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 19, 2012 08:45 |  #36

philwillmedia wrote in post #13730681 (external link)
They don't suddenly stop producing good images on a pre-determined date or the nano second a new model is released.

Good post!

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

BrandonSi
Nevermind.. I'm silly.
5,306 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Jan 19, 2012 11:48 |  #37

I have a 20D for backup.. Thankfully I'd never had to use it, but you're not going to find a cheaper, yet still good quality backup for less. The 10D is a big step down, and the 30D isn't really an upgrade at all.

As a primary camera it's outdated, but whether or not that's important is up to the individual. It's more than capable of taking some stunning images.

BigAl007 wrote in post #13724827 (external link)
God I would be over the moon if a friend were to give me a free 20D, That would be a nice upgrade from the 300D that I am currently using.

You have my sympathy. I used a 300D for 3 years before I stepped up to the 20D.. I feel your pain, hang in there..!

[ www (external link)ยท flickr (external link)]

Glenn ­ NK
Goldmember
4,630 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 19, 2012 12:48 |  #38

philwillmedia wrote in post #13730681 (external link)
They don't suddenly stop producing good images on a predetermined date or the nano second a new model is released.

Apparently you are right - I'm still using my 30D (larger LCD than 20D, but essentially same camera) and for some strange reason, it hasn't stopped taking pics.

Glenn

When did voluptuous become voluminous?

sponsored links

4,491 views & 0 likes for this thread
old 20D still usable?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.