Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 06 Dec 2005 (Tuesday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What do your business cards look like?

SprockCapn
87 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 19, 2012 11:26 |  #3781

thedcmule2 wrote in post #13724803 (external link)
Anyone know where I can get some cheap round-corner + my logo done in spot UV or gloss or anything cool besides ink for cheap? The back information can be ink, and I dont need a lot of cards, I only need like 100 maybe even less.

WHCC does smaller quantities. I have some from them that I really like.

www.whcc.com (external link) (white house custom color)

John

sponsored links
thedcmule2
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jan 19, 2012 11:56 |  #3782

SprockCapn wrote in post #13732055 (external link)
WHCC does smaller quantities. I have some from them that I really like.

www.whcc.com (external link) (white house custom color)

Do they do business cards? If they do I can't find what to click, not a good website imo.

An example of what I want, from an earlier post:

JDubya wrote in post #13139781 (external link)
Taste of Ink (external link) printed mine and I'm very happy with them

for 12% off your order, use the code (until 10/14/11): class

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/17547754@N03/5​713784662/  (external link)
Jan Christian Photography Business Card (external link) by Jan Christian (external link), on Flickr

Seven11
118 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 19, 2012 11:58 |  #3783

thedcmule2 wrote in post #13732207 (external link)
Do they do business cards? If they do I can't find what to click, not a good website imo.

An example of what I want, from an earlier post:

http://www.whcc.com (external link) → Products → Press Printed Cards & Products → Business Cards

Canon 5D II | Canon 40D | Canon S90 | Tamron 17-50mm ƒ/2.8 | Sigma 50mm ƒ/1.4 | Sigma 85mm ƒ/1.4 | Tamron 70-300mm ƒ/4-5.6 VC USD | Canon 580EX II (2x) | flickr (external link) | Blog (external link)

thedcmule2
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jan 19, 2012 12:15 |  #3784

Seven11 wrote in post #13732217 (external link)
http://www.whcc.com (external link) → Products → Press Printed Cards & Products → Business Cards

Oh okay, would you know how I can get started too? I'm not finding any buttons in the business cards page for customizing a design.

Eric
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 19, 2012 13:08 |  #3785

thedcmule2 wrote in post #13732297 (external link)
Oh okay, would you know how I can get started too? I'm not finding any buttons in the business cards page for customizing a design.

I believe you have to become a client first. Theres a link at the menu bar. I'm assuming once you sign up with them you'll have the ability to create and purchase.

Just a thought.

Eric Darlington Photography (external link)
flickr (external link) / [URL="[URL]http://eric​darlington.500px.com/"​]500px / [URL="[URL]http://www.​facebook.com/EricDarli​ngtonPhotography"]Face​book
[URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=8612297&postcou​nt=1945"]Tools

SprockCapn
87 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 19, 2012 21:15 |  #3786

Eric wrote in post #13732625 (external link)
I believe you have to become a client first. Theres a link at the menu bar. I'm assuming once you sign up with them you'll have the ability to create and purchase.

Just a thought.

Yeah you have to become a client and submit some photo's so you can make sure your monitor is somewhat calibrated. You also have to download their program and order stuff through that. I will agree, the website was pretty confusing, but once you get into the program it starts to become a little easier to understand.

John

thedcmule2
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jan 19, 2012 21:23 |  #3787

Lol they can waste somebody else's time :rolleyes:.

I went with moo, no spot uv but at least it was cheap, low quantity, nice quality and easy to use!

Tony_Stark
Shellhead
4,287 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 20, 2012 18:49 |  #3788

Here is a design Ive been working on the last few days, I feel confident going the die-cut route for a more unique look along with other elements such as UV spot, and foil etc. Anyway let me know what you guys think, what I should change etc....

IMAGE: http://i39.tinypic.com/rtzwgp.jpg

By the way the car will be cut out, so the card will be the shape of the car in the end... Would that detract from professionalism?

Nikon D810 | 24-70/2.8G | 58/1.4G
EOS M | 22 f/2 STM

Website (external link) | flickr (external link)

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 20, 2012 21:31 |  #3789

Ronny Geenen wrote in post #13715325 (external link)
Here is a picture of the card:
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Ronny Geenen in
./showthread.php?p=137​15325&i=i57952943
forum: The Business of Photography

I'm seeing 3 different fonts on this card. The fancy one should be dropped. You want a card to be easily readable and that font isn't.

There is also confusing info on your card. You list two phone numbers without describing why they are different. And your website and email are at different domains - that doesn't show continuity.

Lastly I don't think a photo of you in a tshirt does you any good on a business card. A nice image of real estate would be better if you need to use an image.

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 20, 2012 23:45 |  #3790

thedcmule2 wrote in post #13724803 (external link)
Anyone know where I can get some cheap round-corner + my logo done in spot UV or gloss or anything cool besides ink for cheap? The back information can be ink, and I dont need a lot of cards, I only need like 100 maybe even less.

I think www.gotprint.com (external link) does that and their prices are great. I find WHCC to expensive for business cards. :)

Canon investor

Eric
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 21, 2012 08:33 |  #3791

Tony_Stark wrote in post #13740149 (external link)
Here is a design Ive been working on the last few days, I feel confident going the die-cut route for a more unique look along with other elements such as UV spot, and foil etc. Anyway let me know what you guys think, what I should change etc....

By the way the car will be cut out, so the card will be the shape of the car in the end... Would that detract from professionalism?

Tony,

I like the die cut of the car, just not sure where your going with spot UV and foil. I think for an automotive photographer it screams professional

Eric Darlington Photography (external link)
flickr (external link) / [URL="[URL]http://eric​darlington.500px.com/"​]500px / [URL="[URL]http://www.​facebook.com/EricDarli​ngtonPhotography"]Face​book
[URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=8612297&postcou​nt=1945"]Tools

Hardcore
Goldmember
2,668 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 21, 2012 08:39 |  #3792

Just wondering what website/program you guys are using to create your QR codes?

Name: Corey
GEAR
Website (external link)

toastyphoto
302 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 21, 2012 09:00 |  #3793

Hardcore wrote in post #13742465 (external link)
Just wondering what website/program you guys are using to create your QR codes?

This one worked well for me in the past. It's important to generate a vector QR code so it will be printed at the highest clarity:

http://keremerkan.net …de-and-2d-code-generator/ (external link)

5D II | 24-70 2.8L II | 16-35 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 50 1.4 | 430 EX II x2 | PW ControlTL

Tony_Stark
Shellhead
4,287 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 21, 2012 10:57 |  #3794

Eric wrote in post #13742447 (external link)
Tony,

I like the die cut of the car, just not sure where your going with spot UV and foil. I think for an automotive photographer it screams professional

On the back, the text will be spot UV, and on the front my logo will be a silver foil. So over all the card does seem professional?

Nikon D810 | 24-70/2.8G | 58/1.4G
EOS M | 22 f/2 STM

Website (external link) | flickr (external link)

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 21, 2012 13:04 |  #3795

Tony_Stark wrote in post #13742979 (external link)
On the back, the text will be spot UV, and on the front my logo will be a silver foil. So over all the card does seem professional?

I like the car idea, but what I don't like is how the text and logo don't wrap with the car. The car looks great, but it looks like the logo and text are just flat stamped on top of a car design. It would look much cooler IMO if you made the text and logo wrap with the car, so it looked like the logo and writing was actually on the car like race car.

sponsored links

1,456,615 views & 11 likes for this thread
What do your business cards look like?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.