Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 19 Jan 2012 (Thursday) 16:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Another Ebay Question. (This being a little more important.)

this thread is locked
DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,988 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jan 21, 2012 18:51 |  #91

SimplyShane wrote in post #13744798 (external link)
I'm even contemplating contacting The Consumerist if both packages end up lost.

what are you out...like $10?...how much time is $10 worth in your mind...

i still think that once you actually call 47th st. they'll either refund or send you another

you sure your paypal verified address is all up to date and everything?

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Mistabernie
'Camera Unicorn McSparkles'..
2,729 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 21, 2012 19:17 |  #92

I've never had one package lost, let alone two in about a week. Something definitely is shady.

As for the post master, just treat him/her respectfully, but be firm. If you're professional about it you're much more likely to get their help and cooperation. I know it can be tough to play nice to people that screwed up - I used to do it every day, and it got old quick. I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Best of luck!

Donate if you love POTN! | Smugmug (external link) | Gear List & POTN Marketplace Feedback
Feel free to call me Bernie.
LIVING PROOF WHY YOU DON'T MENTION THE TITLE FAIRY...

JPLaval
173 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 21, 2012 19:37 |  #93

Mistabernie wrote in post #13745118 (external link)
I've never had one package lost, let alone two in about a week. Something definitely is shady.

As for the post master, just treat him/her respectfully, but be firm. If you're professional about it you're much more likely to get their help and cooperation. I know it can be tough to play nice to people that screwed up - I used to do it every day, and it got old quick. I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Best of luck!

Thats what I was thinking.
It could be possible that someone might be ripping you off at your apartment complex. Does the apartment where you live at have mailboxes altogether in a certain area of the apartment complex or does each apartment have there own mailbox outside there door to the apartment?

-JP-
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything". ~ Aaron Siskind

mpix345
Goldmember
2,842 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 21, 2012 19:47 |  #94

SimplyShane wrote in post #13744798 (external link)
USPS HAS DONE IT AGAIN.... [/SIZE]

At this point I would start to wonder if somehow you've ticked off your mailman or someone at the PO. Maybe they are f-ing with you on purpose and your packages are getting stuffed in to a trash can or dumpster somewhere.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 21, 2012 19:55 |  #95

SimplyShane wrote in post #13744912 (external link)
Great idea. I'll print that off, along with my Ebay information.

Could there be a remote possibility of these items landing at my old apartment complex? I'm very tempted to drive over there right now...
You would think not, given that my address should be RIGHT ON THE PACKAGE, but with these guys.... Who knows.

*Unreal.* This is absolutely mind-blowing in all the wrong ways. Imagine if I had expected a $400 item? How about $600? $800??

Jesus H. Christ. Two times in a row. This is absolutely unprecedented...

I wouldn't give them the item information, it's none of their business since the items were not insured. Simply print out the two items from the USPS tracking site and politely ask the WTF. There is a problem either in that specific PO or your carrier. There have been carriers caught on tape dumping mail in the trash in the past.

Flickr (external link)

SimplyShane
THREAD ­ STARTER
684 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 21, 2012 20:07 |  #96
bannedPermanent ban

*Hits forehead on desk repeatedly*

It was all my fault.

I forgot to change my Ebay primary shipping address. All of the other addresses on my Ebay account were correct, but the most important one was still routing to my old apartment complex.

So yes, I am an idiot and I want to apologize for making such a huge deal out of all this.

The blame rests SOLELY on me. Again, I'm sorry. Really.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bengford (external link)

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,988 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jan 21, 2012 20:11 |  #97

bw!
hopefully you can track down your stuff still

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

SimplyShane
THREAD ­ STARTER
684 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 21, 2012 20:17 |  #98
bannedPermanent ban

With THAT out of the way, there's some good news and bad news.

The good news: I got my other package I was expecting today. (The LCD Protector.) The lady who now resides in my old room had saved it, and was planning on returning the item to the post office. (Bless her heart.)

The bad news: She did not know where my older package was. (The lens hood.) She did say that she had seen it once before, near the mailboxes, but she did not bother to pick it up. (She must have assumed the package was for somebody else. Fair enough.)

One friendly lad living nearby said he had actually seen it placed right outside his neighbor's door, which makes no sense as that apartment number is not even remotely close to the one I had before. Intrigued by this, I decided to knock on the door.

The woman who answered, said that she did see the package, but had left it outside her door. Do I trust her?
No. Her demeanor was rather aggressive and almost rude when speaking with me, and I could tell quite clearly that she wanted me to leave as soon as possible.

To be *fair,* she still could be innocent. Maybe a random stranger happened to cross by and, upon seeing my package, decided to take it for themselves. It's impossible to know what exactly happened here.

Either way, it's a good lesson learned. When you move, update your address and do it immediately.

(I'm extremely lucky that both of these purchases were small. Lord knows what could have happened if an expensive item had just been left there for the taking...)

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,837 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 21, 2012 20:23 |  #99

I guess there will be a few people getting apologies?

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 21, 2012 20:26 |  #100

IMAGE: http://www.k6az.com/smilies/banghead.gif

Flickr (external link)

Hoosier ­ Writer
102 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 21, 2012 20:31 as a reply to  @ SimplyShane's post |  #101

As I have been following this thread for the past day I was wondering if this wasn't the case. I sold a camera six years ago, got PayPal-ed the money, and shipped the camera to California only to have the buyer e-mail me in a panic that he forgot to change his shipping address. He had since moved to the east coast. It took heaven and earth and multiple trips to the PO to get that issue resolved but he finally got the camera about four weeks afterwards.

SimplyShane
THREAD ­ STARTER
684 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 21, 2012 20:43 |  #102
bannedPermanent ban

D Thompson wrote in post #13745438 (external link)
I guess there will be a few people getting apologies?

Yes. To everyone following this thread, I want to say for a third time::

I am SORRY.

I mean that with all sincerity. I was aggressive and rude throughout this entire ordeal, and that just isn't acceptable on a great forum like this.

As for USPS, I will be giving them a call Monday to apologize. I will also ask them if they ever received a package addressed to my old apartment complex. Maybe, by some miracle, I'll still get the lens hood back after all.

If I don't though, I'm okay with that. The LCD protector is more important anyway.

jrbdmb
Goldmember
1,291 posts
Joined May 2011

Jan 21, 2012 21:38 |  #103

IMAGE: http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/disappointing_bongo-1.jpg

Last one was a bit rough. :)

Tools: 70D, 10-22, Tamron 24-70 VC, 70-300L, 135 f2L

SimplyShane
THREAD ­ STARTER
684 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 21, 2012 21:44 |  #104
bannedPermanent ban

jrbdmb wrote in post #13745776 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Lol. Yep. I agree.

duane0524
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 21, 2012 21:48 |  #105

Good thing you didn't over react and blame companies that all did things right.

Canon 50D | Canon 17-55 | Sigma 30 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II| Canon 85 1.8 | 430EXII| 580EX ll | ST-E2 | Canon TC 1.4x II | Benro Travel Angel C1682TB0

sponsored links

5,651 views & 0 likes for this thread
Another Ebay Question. (This being a little more important.)
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.