It has been stated their is no doubt the market has become saturated and it is hurting some people who have trained, spent years mastering it and earn a living from it.
This is what Wikipedia says about the word professional. I always thought that being a professional was basically whatever you did if you income from it is grater than 50% of your total income. Of course professionalism is a key factor.
A professional is a person who is paid to undertake a specialised set of tasks and to complete them for a fee.
Definition. The main criteria for professional include the following:
1. Expert and specialized knowledge in field which one is practicing professionally.
2. Excellent manual/practical and literary skills in relation to profession.
3. High quality work in (examples): creations, products, services, presentations, consultancy,
primary/other research, administrative, marketing, photography or other work endeavours.
4. A high standard of professional ethics, behaviour and work activities while carrying out one's
profession (as an employee, self-employed person, career, enterprise, business, company, or
partnership/associate/colleague, etc.). The professional owes a higher duty to a client, often a
privilege of confidentiality, as well as a duty not to abandon the client just because he or she may
not be able to pay or remunerate the professional. Often the professional is required to put the
interest of the client ahead of his own interests.
5. Reasonable work morale and motivation. Having interest and desire to do a job well as holding
positive attitude towards the profession are important elements in attaining a high level of
6. Participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavour often engaged in by amateurs
b : having a particular profession as a permanent career c : engaged in by persons receiving
7. Appropriate treatment of relationships with colleagues. Consideration should be shown to elderly,
junior or inexperienced colleagues, as well as those with special needs. An example must be set to
perpetuate the attitude of one's business without doing it harm.
8. A professional is an expert who is master in a specific field.