Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 14th UK South-East "I have no idea what's going on" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 25, 2012 11:25 |  #9601

Klystron wrote in post #13765710 (external link)
Must be a location thing, as people in Royal Tunbridge Wells can afford it. ;)

There does seem to be a lot of sympathetic Volvo owners on Twitter here indeed. You may have something there. Next time I might drop it into the Brixton branch :D

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 25, 2012 11:25 |  #9602

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #13765747 (external link)
this is an every two year service though right?

Nope, I have two services a year, so the bi-annual becomes annual. I also have checkups every now and again in between anyway. She is one pampered car.

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 25, 2012 11:26 |  #9603

Pete wrote in post #13765903 (external link)
This'll keep me out of trouble for a bit...

QUOTED IMAGE

WANT! :D

Anke

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,904 posts
Gallery: 216 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 25, 2012 11:26 |  #9604

Anke wrote in post #13765660 (external link)
I will have when she gets dropped back later. Mind you, they've always been pricey. I had two pieces of small plastic break in the headlights, the little bits you adjust the height with, over £1,600. That stung!

Those Swedes like to extract the urine don't they you could buy 45 complete headlight units for my MR2 for that price and still have change for a pint on the way home.

Anke wrote in post #13765663 (external link)
Main dealer. Great service and always busy. They seem to have a lot of loyal customers.

When did they change the spelling of gullible to " loyal " or is it a TW thing :D

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 25, 2012 11:30 |  #9605

Ronin Silv wrote in post #13766231 (external link)
Those Swedes like to extract the urine don't they you could buy 45 complete headlight units for my MR2 for that price and still have change for a pint on the way home.

When did they cange the spelling of gullible to " loyal " or is it a TW thing :D

What's most annoying is that they've now put their new car prices up enormously, what was a £25k car a couple of years ago is now £35k+. I enquired why once to a salesman there and he said that they have just upped the prices purely to tempt people out of Audis, Mercs and BMWs and into Volvos.

Anke

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,904 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 25, 2012 11:40 |  #9606

Anke wrote in post #13766257 (external link)
What's most annoying is that they've now put their new car prices up enormously, what was a £25k car a couple of years ago is now £35k+. I enquired why once to a salesman there and he said that they have just upped the prices purely to tempt people out of Audis, Mercs and BMWs and into Volvos.

You wonder why they do that surely it could loose the customers as present customers may not be able to afford the new price, in the present economic situation offering quallity at a more reasonable price would get them more custom surely.
Another reason along with as I said on Facebook that the yoff of today think my MR2 is cool to stick with an older car :)

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

madseavets
236 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 25, 2012 11:53 |  #9607

Aardvark101 wrote in post #13765910 (external link)
I have a 5D classic you can have for £1500 :lol:

:rolleyes: The local camera shop had one for £500!

ThisOldHag
620 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 25, 2012 11:59 |  #9608

Evening all, long time no speak. I hope 2012 has been kind to everyone thus far.

I've received a work experience request from a photography student and feel certain there are some pro's here that would appreciate free help on a shoot. This student is looking to work from anything between one day to ten or spread over a couple of months. She lives in the Romney Marsh area and has her own transport. Should any pro photographer on this forum need some help, please contact me and I'll pass on her details.

BTW I'll be reviewing a Maserati in a couple of months and will need to take it to Dungeness... I'm certain Jonthan will put the word out for interested parties to come play.

www.CindyLouDale.com (external link)
Read my Blog (external link)
Gear List

Klystron
Goldmember
2,932 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 25, 2012 12:06 |  #9609

Anke wrote in post #13766220 (external link)
There does seem to be a lot of sympathetic Volvo owners on Twitter here indeed. You may have something there. Next time I might drop it into the Brixton branch :D

The thing is most of the running gear is Renualt, the body work and suspension parts are Volvo. When I had a Volvo 460 for a while, the local garage used to service it, it was sold off when they said the suspension leg/ front wheel bearing needed changing and it was going to cost more than the car was worth.

Sony A9 ii, A9, A7R II, A5000, RX100 va
zenfolio (external link) - flickr (external link) - 500px (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,904 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 25, 2012 12:10 |  #9610

ThisOldHag wrote in post #13766391 (external link)
BTW I'll be reviewing a Maserati in a couple of months and will need to take it to Dungeness... I'm certain Jonthan will put the word out for interested parties to come play.

Cindy you can pencil me in for this I'm sure you know that you don't really have to ask :)

Slapheadyeti
Goldmember
1,966 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 25, 2012 12:37 as a reply to  @ Ronin Silv's post |  #9611

Neal wrote in post #13765138 (external link)
Already done, only issue is the size of the footprint is quite large

How about just the axles from a skateboard. Im sure i could manufacture something to go between.

Anke wrote in post #13765655 (external link)
The service doesn't take that long, they collect my car in the morning before they open and drop it back after they close. They'e always been expensive.

Id do it for half that. :)

Evening all, long time no speak. I hope 2012 has been kind to everyone thus far.

I've received a work experience request from a photography student and feel certain there are some pro's here that would appreciate free help on a shoot. This student is looking to work from anything between one day to ten or spread over a couple of months. She lives in the Romney Marsh area and has her own transport. Should any pro photographer on this forum need some help, please contact me and I'll pass on her details.

Good to hear from you Cindy. Im sure i can fit in a meet at Dungy if it includes a natter about what youve been doing for the last couple of months. :)

Wayne A.W.O.L.
Canon 5D MKii Gripped, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 24-105 F4 L IS , Canon 70-200 F/4 L ,Canon 1.4X MKii , Canon 100mm f2.8 L IS, 2x Canon 430EX, Manfrotto 190XPROB, Manfrotto 494RC2,
http://www.slapheadyet​i.co.uk (external link) Flickr (external link)

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 25, 2012 12:41 |  #9612

Oh my, less then 400 posts left for the official 14th thread!

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 25, 2012 13:04 as a reply to  @ Matt Peters's post |  #9613

let's fill it up then.

here's a joke that even I found funny :lol:

A Native American Indian introduced me to his wife and said she was called Four Horses. "Wow, beautiful name, what does it mean?" I asked. "It means nag, nag, nag, nag".

:lol:

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 25, 2012 13:20 as a reply to  @ Gundogs's post |  #9614

Crikey that's not taken long, especially when we've started a load of other threads too! :D

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Joined Nov 2006

Jan 25, 2012 13:24 |  #9615

Evening all, long time no speak.

Welcome back :)

Gundogs wrote in post #13766760 (external link)
let's fill it up then.

here's a joke that even I found funny :lol:

A Native American Indian introduced me to his wife and said she was called Four Horses. "Wow, beautiful name, what does it mean?" I asked. "It means nag, nag, nag, nag".

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

sponsored links

621,158 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 14th UK South-East "I have no idea what's going on" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.