Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 27 Jan 2012 (Friday) 16:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

quick strap removal

ekinnyc
784 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 27, 2012 16:22 |  #1

i have my crumpler industry disgrace on the camera at all times, but i would love to have a faster way of temporarily removing it than undoing the straps. ideally, the straps would connect to one side of some sort of quick release connector, and the other side of the connector would attach to the body loops.... ive heard of adapt-its, but cannot find anything on google. would adapt-its do what i am looking for, and if not, is there anyting like it?

6D| 35mm f/2 IS
Buying/Selling Feedback

sponsored links
ekinnyc
THREAD ­ STARTER
784 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 27, 2012 16:24 |  #2

edit: found adaptits, but thats not what i had in mind - it looks like they would slip out of the camera loops if unattached.

6D| 35mm f/2 IS
Buying/Selling Feedback

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 27, 2012 16:31 |  #3

ekinnyc wrote in post #13779858 (external link)
edit: found adaptits, but thats not what i had in mind - it looks like they would slip out of the camera loops if unattached.

They def do not, they are a pain to get in and out. This is what I use: LINK (external link)LINK (external link)LINK (external link)

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

wunhang
726 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 27, 2012 16:32 |  #4

Are you looking for 2 sets of these?

http://optechusa.com …-connectors/uni-loop.html (external link)

Canon 5D IV | Canon 5D II | XSI (Infrared modified) | SL1 | 16-35mm L f/4.0 IS | 24-70mm L f/2.8 II | 40mm f/2.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-200mm L f/4.0 IS | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | C/Y 28mm f/2.8 | Tamron 35mm f/1.8 VC | C/Y 50mm f/1.7 | Zeiss 100mm MP
::SmugMug (external link)::

NU27D
464 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 27, 2012 19:12 as a reply to  @ wunhang's post |  #5

These are great on my 7D! I have 2 straps with swivel snaps... one plastic and one metal. The adapt It provides for quick and safe connection while protecting the camera. http://www.amazon.com …TF8&qid=1327712​501&sr=1-1 (external link)
Normally I'm using only a hand strap but I can easily add the neck strap while maintaining the hand strap with the adapt Its.
It's a good one for me!

ekinnyc
THREAD ­ STARTER
784 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 27, 2012 23:08 |  #6

wunhang wrote in post #13779902 (external link)
Are you looking for 2 sets of these?

http://optechusa.com …-connectors/uni-loop.html (external link)

yeah!
thanks.

but would the loops be strong enough to support a 50D with a 24-105 on it?

6D| 35mm f/2 IS
Buying/Selling Feedback

Simon_Gardner
Goldmember
1,307 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 28, 2012 15:33 |  #7

ekinnyc wrote in post #13779858 (external link)

They absolutely don't. Now getting them on can be a bit of a pain. Soak in hot water for a while.

@Simon_Gardner | Since 27 Nov 1987 | Tripod fetishist - moi?

ekinnyc
THREAD ­ STARTER
784 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 29, 2012 22:34 |  #8

thanks for the suggestion simon. looks like adapt-its wouldnt help - they would just create a larger loop. i am looking for what wunhang suggested a few posts above

6D| 35mm f/2 IS
Buying/Selling Feedback

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,398 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 29, 2012 22:44 |  #9

ekinnyc wrote in post #13781652 (external link)
yeah!
thanks.

Those things are strong. One can easily hold a gripped 5D + 100-400 + 580EXII. The only thing to watch out for is abrasion on the paracord portion of it. If they ever get worn looking, replace them.

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jan 29, 2012 23:49 |  #10

ekinnyc wrote in post #13781652 (external link)
yeah!
thanks.

Absolutely not a problem.

Our old Loop Gen I used a similar system (paracord sewn into some webbing, OpTech uses leather). The lowest we could ever get one to fail on a static test was 200lbs. OpTech units are roughly the same strength (we both use/used Duraflex buckles, the best in the business!)

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,347 views & 0 likes for this thread
quick strap removal
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.