Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 19 Mar 2010 (Friday) 17:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

SHOW YOUR BEST EMERGENCY VEHICLE SHOTS!

DJSonsteng
70 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 24, 2012 13:03 as a reply to  @ post 13724064 |  #436

From all of the articles I've read on these. They are suppose to be awesome, and out perform Segways by a long shot. The are great for large events like fairs and concerts.

D.J. Sonsteng
Canon EOS 20D & 50D
Tamron 28-75 F/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8
www.DJSonstengPhotogra​phy.com (external link)
www.DJSonsteng.smugmug​.com (external link)

sponsored links
TrevorThompson
379 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 24, 2012 13:42 |  #437

This is all I gots.

IMAGE: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6154/6182803983_58f40edb53_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …revorthompson/6​182803983/  (external link)
Oops. (external link) by Trevor Thompson (external link), on Flickr

Co-Founder/CEO :: ActivFilms.tv (external link)
Flickr (external link) // 500px (external link) // Tumblr (external link)
www.whoistrevorthompso​n.com (external link)

Mick ­ Emmett
Goldmember
2,730 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2005

Jan 26, 2012 14:04 |  #438

A bit tight but they made it OK

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

oscarl62
Goldmember
1,342 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Jan 26, 2012 16:08 |  #439

that pilots got a set on him. look how close he is to the pole, cars and to the homes. great shot too

Canon 7D w/ BG-E7 , Canon 50D w/ BG-E2n, Canon 5DMll, Tanron 17-50, Canon 70-200L 2.8, Canon EF-S 10-22mm, Canon EF 85mm, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM,
580EX ii, 580EX, S2 IS

Leftcoast_Mike
Goldmember
2,575 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 26, 2012 16:10 |  #440

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #13721919 (external link)
Just for fun ;)

QUOTED IMAGE

Airport police use these in Toronto.

My Facebook Page (external link)
My Website (external link)

Mick ­ Emmett
Goldmember
2,730 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jan 26, 2012 17:30 |  #441

oscarl62 wrote in post #13773887 (external link)
that pilots got a set on him. look how close he is to the pole, cars and to the homes. great shot too

Apparently when they first tried to land there the cars just kept going up and down the road even though they were hovering at only 50 ft, they had to go away and drop one of the crew off in a nearby field so he could run back to the road and stop traffic. I wasn't there when they landed, the shots above are from them lifting off with patient safely on board, a DIYer who knocked a wall down on himself :rolleyes:

Phil_0816
325 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 26, 2012 18:37 |  #442

Mick Emmett wrote in post #13774378 (external link)
Apparently when they first tried to land there the cars just kept going up and down the road even though they were hovering at only 50 ft, they had to go away and drop one of the crew off in a nearby field so he could run back to the road and stop traffic. I wasn't there when they landed, the shots above are from them lifting off with patient safely on board, a DIYer who knocked a wall down on himself :rolleyes:

And people wonder why there have been so many EMS helicopter crashes in recent years. That close to poles, houses, etc and allowing cars up and down the street where he's trying to land. My neck of the woods that pilot woild probably be looking for a job. I can't believe his/her superiors would be impressed by their selection of a landing zone.

Mick ­ Emmett
Goldmember
2,730 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jan 26, 2012 19:00 |  #443

Phil_0816 wrote in post #13774711 (external link)
And people wonder why there have been so many EMS helicopter crashes in recent years. That close to poles, houses, etc and allowing cars up and down the street where he's trying to land. My neck of the woods that pilot woild probably be looking for a job. I can't believe his/her superiors would be impressed by their selection of a landing zone.

So many crashes? I don't think we've had any over here, the guys that fly the Air Ambulances over here are the elite of the elite and could land on a sixpence in gale force winds; especially the Navy lads. Perhaps if you've had so many incidents over there it's time to review your selection process. They weren't allowing cars up and down a road they wanted to land on it's just that they beat any of the land based emergency services there, the Police showed up minutes after they landed. The Police had been at a nearby location trying to clear a car park for the helicopter to land in but unfortunately too many of the car owners could not be traced in time and the guy needed to get to a hospital quickly. There was a BBC camera person on board so it was all filmed and his bosses will get to see it all.

UK_Tomcat_Fan
Goldmember
1,343 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 27, 2012 04:23 |  #444

You will find that the ambulance helicopter pilots in the UK are usually ex military pilots :)

Martin | GearList | Website: My photography (external link)
POTN Resident Jolly Roger / Super bug hater!

moose135
324 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Joined May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY, Charlotte, NC, and points betweeen...

Jan 27, 2012 13:52 |  #445

From Daytona Beach...gotta be the best job in the world!

IMAGE: http://www.moose135photography.com/Travel/Daytona-Beach/JM20061027FLA002/106057118_keFtV-L-2.jpg

The Moose is Loose!
Moose135 Photography (external link)

JuzzyD
195 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 28, 2012 03:41 |  #446

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #13721919 (external link)
Just for fun ;)

QUOTED IMAGE

May I ask what they are? I've not seen them before.

FFBLOOP13
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jan 28, 2012 09:56 as a reply to  @ JuzzyD's post |  #447

Green Bay WI, Engine 1.

firstinphotos.smugmug.​com

HOSTED PHOTO

http://firstinphotos.s​mugmug.com/ (external link)

BucketMan
936 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 28, 2012 11:29 as a reply to  @ FFBLOOP13's post |  #448

Phil_0816 wrote in post #13774711 (external link)

Mick Emmett wrote in post #13774815 (external link)
So many crashes? I don't think we've had any over here, the guys that fly the Air Ambulances over here are the elite of the elite and could land on a sixpence in gale force winds; especially the Navy lads. Perhaps if you've had so many incidents over there it's time to review your selection process. They weren't allowing cars up and down a road they wanted to land on it's just that they beat any of the land based emergency services there, the Police showed up minutes after they landed. The Police had been at a nearby location trying to clear a car park for the helicopter to land in but unfortunately too many of the car owners could not be traced in time and the guy needed to get to a hospital quickly. There was a BBC camera person on board so it was all filmed and his bosses will get to see it all.

FWIW, not just any helo pilot is hired here to fly medevac, most are ex-mil. as well here stateside.

IMO as a former flight paramedic, that LZ depicted is way too hazardous and I would have waved the pilot during a recon. fly over and went to a different location. I have 2 kids and a wife, im going home in the morning.

Having said that comparing EMS in the UK to the US is night and day, and that isnt even doing it justice. The UK is light years ahead of us in every single part of prehospital care it isnt even funny. There are so many helo crashes in the US because people whom have no business riding ambulances call for helicopters for every MVC with more than a dented bumper. The abuse of helicopters by prehospital workers here is staggering.

| 70D | 70-200LII | 580EXIIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/%3Ca%20h​ref=
flickr (external link)

bazc83
53 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jan 28, 2012 13:51 |  #449

Dr Hinds, Northern Ireland Road Race doctor

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7016/6777597553_328ebc1cf8_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bazc83/67775975​53/  (external link)
Bush Road Race (external link) by Barry Clarke (external link), on Flickr

haliapsychologika
133 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 28, 2012 13:57 as a reply to  @ bazc83's post |  #450

This one is from NY city...

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

252,852 views & 260 likes for this thread
SHOW YOUR BEST EMERGENCY VEHICLE SHOTS!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.