Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
Thread started 15 Jul 2010 (Thursday) 14:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography

Tanya ­ De ­ Leeuw
Goldmember
4,260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 05, 2012 09:37 |  #4411

GadgetRick wrote in post #13828709 (external link)
Love love LOVE the textures and color in this shot. Bravo!!!

+1 Very nice!

Tanya De Leeuw
Facebook (external link) - Smugmug (external link) - Blog (external link)
Constructive comments are most appreciated!
Now: 1D Mark IV, 7D + 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L

sponsored links
ieatstars
Goldmember
3,283 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 05, 2012 10:59 |  #4412

GadgetRick wrote in post #13828709 (external link)
Love love LOVE the textures and color in this shot. Bravo!!!

Tanya De Leeuw wrote in post #13828967 (external link)
+1 Very nice!

Wahooo! Thank you!! :D

flickr (external link)
Be my fan on F a c e b o o k! (external link) :D

annietex
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 05, 2012 17:25 |  #4413

djharmonix wrote in post #13812095 (external link)
Feel free to ''LIKE'' my facebook page if you wanna see my daily work: http://www.facebook.co​m/photoresidence (external link)

Liked as well :cool:

Ann
Gear List

annietex
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 05, 2012 17:27 |  #4414

discoduck wrote in post #13817622 (external link)
If you like my work, please feel free to like my facebook page :D http://facebook.living​photo.ca (external link)

Liked you too :lol:

Ann
Gear List

discoduck
514 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 05, 2012 17:39 |  #4415

Yay thanks :)

5Dc | 17-40 L
LivingPhoto.ca (external link) - Real Estate Photography
Facebook (external link) - How about a "Like"? :D

annietex
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 05, 2012 17:49 as a reply to  @ annietex's post |  #4416

So I've moved back to Texas and am trying to get an RE photo gig going. I'm doing a couple no cost shoots for the agent that helped us with our house and one of her friends in exchange for talking me up to their co-workers. So far I've done one house that was a total sh*t hole. I keep trying to remember that every opportunity is one to make me better, but man, I hate to use any of these pics as examples of what I can do because the house is so blah! I'm going to try and pick a decent one out of the lot for your critique.

This (external link) seems to be the biggest competition in town. What do you think? They seem ok but some of their shots between rooms with a dividing wall as the focal point are weird. They're also SO cheap.

Ann
Gear List

TGrundvig
Goldmember
2,876 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 05, 2012 22:11 |  #4417

annietex wrote in post #13831313 (external link)
So I've moved back to Texas and am trying to get an RE photo gig going. I'm doing a couple no cost shoots for the agent that helped us with our house and one of her friends in exchange for talking me up to their co-workers. So far I've done one house that was a total sh*t hole. I keep trying to remember that every opportunity is one to make me better, but man, I hate to use any of these pics as examples of what I can do because the house is so blah! I'm going to try and pick a decent one out of the lot for your critique.

This (external link) seems to be the biggest competition in town. What do you think? They seem ok but some of their shots between rooms with a dividing wall as the focal point are weird. They're also SO cheap.

I checked out there site and they have some pretty good photos. Then, I checked out their prices....holy crap, they are whoring themselves out like crazy! $89 for 25 HDR images? Are you kidding me? They will work weekends for an extra $39. Four hour 'super fast' turn around for only $50 more? This group has no self worth at all. I know my prices are pretty low compared to some of you guys on here, but these prices are ridiculous! I hardly work weekends. We either have to get 4 snows days in one week, or someone has to be a VERY GOOD client for me to work weekends. And this company will do it for only $39.

Another thing I noticed is the Supra key access. I have that here and I can tell you from experience, it is a very powerful service. Having that key means I can let myself into the listings and they don't have to show up, let me in, wait for me, and then lock up. Of course, here, I have to maintain my appraiser license to be able to have that key and I have to pay to be a member of the local MLS board. But, I have stolen many clients simply because of this service. One agent had been with the same photog for 7 years, found out I had a Supra Key, now she's my client. You may want to find out if there is a way for you to get that key in your market. It is obviously important enough that they have it on multiple pages on their site.

Now, here is what I think about his company....they won't be around long at these fees. There is no way they can maintain the pace they need to maintain to make any decent money. Four hour turn times? Seriously? It sounds to me like a run and gun shop. These places usually have a lot of turn over and they just won't stand the test of time.

If you are in the Dallas area, you have a lot of options to pursue. I don't think you will have any problem getting work if you can pursue the right agents. Depending on the MLS board, you may be able to get a list of the top agents. If you can, that would be where I would start.

Best of luck!

1Ds Mk II, 1D Mk II, 50D, 40D, XT (for my son), 17-40L, 24-105L, Bigma 50-500 EX DG, Sigma 150 Macro EX DG, Tokina 12-24 AT-X, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 28-300 (for my son), 580ex II, 430ex II

annietex
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 05, 2012 22:40 |  #4418

TGrundvig wrote in post #13832322 (external link)
I checked out there site and they have some pretty good photos. Then, I checked out their prices....holy crap, they are whoring themselves out like crazy! $89 for 25 HDR images? Are you kidding me? They will work weekends for an extra $39. Four hour 'super fast' turn around for only $50 more? This group has no self worth at all. I know my prices are pretty low compared to some of you guys on here, but these prices are ridiculous! I hardly work weekends. We either have to get 4 snows days in one week, or someone has to be a VERY GOOD client for me to work weekends. And this company will do it for only $39.

Another thing I noticed is the Supra key access. I have that here and I can tell you from experience, it is a very powerful service. Having that key means I can let myself into the listings and they don't have to show up, let me in, wait for me, and then lock up. Of course, here, I have to maintain my appraiser license to be able to have that key and I have to pay to be a member of the local MLS board. But, I have stolen many clients simply because of this service. One agent had been with the same photog for 7 years, found out I had a Supra Key, now she's my client. You may want to find out if there is a way for you to get that key in your market. It is obviously important enough that they have it on multiple pages on their site.

Now, here is what I think about his company....they won't be around long at these fees. There is no way they can maintain the pace they need to maintain to make any decent money. Four hour turn times? Seriously? It sounds to me like a run and gun shop. These places usually have a lot of turn over and they just won't stand the test of time.

If you are in the Dallas area, you have a lot of options to pursue. I don't think you will have any problem getting work if you can pursue the right agents. Depending on the MLS board, you may be able to get a list of the top agents. If you can, that would be where I would start.

Best of luck!

Tyler, thanks so much for the reply! I know what you mean about these guys...their prices are crazy. They we actually in the Dallas paper recently, so I bet they've gotten tons of business with their "low low prices". Hopefully they won't be able to keep it up in the long run. I drove 26 miles one way to do a shoot last week so I can't imagine they're making any money charging $89. Time will tell I guess.

I totally see the advantage of the Supra Key, but I don't know how I'd go about getting my hands on one of those things. I have no problem shooting at the homeowners convenience, and I'm making sure the agents I talk to know that (so they don't have to attend). I feel like I should be able to make a go of it here once I get networked enough. Luckily I don't need to make it a full time job!

And I am lucky enough to know a couple well connected people here that can help me out IF I can get my shooting to an appropriate level, LOL!

Ann
Gear List

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Feb 06, 2012 00:19 |  #4419

annietex wrote in post #13831313 (external link)
... So far I've done one house that was a total sh*t hole. I keep trying to remember that every opportunity is one to make me better, but man, I hate to use any of these pics as examples of what I can do because the house is so blah! ...

That's huge.

To promote your new business, I totally agree with the concept of doing some free work but I would give the agent the photos and hope no one ever attaches your name to them.

It's a pity, but it's a fact. Shoot beautifully decorated estates and you will get much of the credit. Shoot run-down tenements and you will personally be to blame for the cramped spaces, water stains and awful room colors.

I've never had anything to do with promotional photography of real estate, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that it's just about impossible to start off with a losing team and get picked up by a winning team.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

orena
544 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 06, 2012 00:24 |  #4420

this thread needs more pics

Always do right, this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
5DIII-7D-70-200L 2.8IS II-24-70 2.8 II L -50 1.4--28 135(4 SALE)-580exii-430ex -
http://www.orenaphoto.​com (external link)

mikekelley
THREAD ­ STARTER
"Meow! Bark! Honk! Hiss! Grrr! Tweet!"
7,317 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 06, 2012 00:28 |  #4421

as you wish

this is the ASCAP building in Hollywood (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) shot for the architect, fleetwood/fernandez based out of Santa Monica.

got to hold a grammy about halfway through this one :p

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

ASCAP On (external link) by mike kelley / mpkelley.com (external link), on Flickr

Los Angeles-Based Architectural, Interior, And Luxury Real Estate Photography (external link)
How To Photograph Real Estate and Architecture (external link)
My Fine Art Galleries (external link)
My articles at Fstoppers.com (external link)

TheReal7
Goldmember
3,574 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 06, 2012 00:30 |  #4422

orena wrote in post #13832855 (external link)
this thread needs more pics

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6838407641_f955e62af1_b.jpg

Follow me on Facebook: Natural Light Magic (external link)
Listen to my music: Fata Morgana (external link)

mikekelley
THREAD ­ STARTER
"Meow! Bark! Honk! Hiss! Grrr! Tweet!"
7,317 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 06, 2012 00:34 |  #4423

Agent must have loved it, STUNNING!!!

Los Angeles-Based Architectural, Interior, And Luxury Real Estate Photography (external link)
How To Photograph Real Estate and Architecture (external link)
My Fine Art Galleries (external link)
My articles at Fstoppers.com (external link)

Joe.Recon
674 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 06, 2012 02:28 |  #4424

Very nice image Mike !

mikekelley wrote in post #13832866 (external link)
as you wish

this is the ASCAP building in Hollywood (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) shot for the architect, fleetwood/fernandez based out of Santa Monica.

got to hold a grammy about halfway through this one :p

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

ASCAP On (external link) by mike kelley / mpkelley.com (external link), on Flickr

Canon 5D MkIII powered through the following Canon lenses: 16-35 f2.8 L MkII, 24-70 f2.8 L MkII, 70-200 f2.8 L MkII, 17mm TS-E f4 L, 24mm TS-E f2.8 L MkII and 85mm f1.2 L MkII.
Feedback

discoduck
514 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 06, 2012 05:28 |  #4425

Man $89???? I wouldn't afford to eat here lol. That's insanely low.....

$25 for the YouTube option... I charge $50 with music, captions and slideshow effects... I think I overcharge lol.

5Dc | 17-40 L
LivingPhoto.ca (external link) - Real Estate Photography
Facebook (external link) - How about a "Like"? :D

sponsored links

2,058,956 views & 1,711 likes for this thread
A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.