Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 46th TPBM Random Chat Thread with Sneaux and Fresh Employment Opportunities

this thread is locked
Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,670 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 07, 2012 13:32 |  #856

Bah Humbug :D

SmugMug (external link)

sponsored links
Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 07, 2012 14:31 |  #857

Harm wrote in post #13843008 (external link)
Bah Humbug :D

What a rough Dad, good thing Zander has such a great mommy.:p;)

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 07, 2012 14:35 |  #858

lol

Can't wait to get home and take a NAP!

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

Harm
48,670 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 07, 2012 14:38 |  #859

Becky N wrote in post #13843407 (external link)
What a rough Dad, good thing Zander has such a great mommy.:p;)

:cool::cool::p:p

SmugMug (external link)

JWright
Planes, trains and ham radio...
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 07, 2012 15:02 as a reply to  @ Harm's post |  #860

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #13842895 (external link)
She is a good employee, they are fortunate to have her. :)

The zoo is starting to recognize her worth. She just got a raise and there are some other changes coming I'll let her tell you about.

BTW, the media cards were mailed yesterday...

John

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 07, 2012 15:24 |  #861

JWright wrote in post #13843674 (external link)
BTW, the media cards were mailed yesterday...

Great, thanks John.

-JIM-

Harm
48,670 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 07, 2012 15:31 |  #862

The zoo is starting to recognize her worth. She just got a raise and there are some other changes coming I'll let her tell you about.

Excellent! Chief Zoo Keeper I hope!

SmugMug (external link)

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 07, 2012 15:50 |  #863

That is great news, looking forward to her announcement.:D

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

puddlepirate44
Cream of the Crop
29,316 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 07, 2012 16:19 as a reply to  @ Becky N's post |  #864

G'MAE, All.

This is more of an FYI for anyone interested in getting a PDF of the Film Noir. We have it set up as a downloadable link, it works great on our computers, Lisa's iPad and my Motorola Xoom, especially if you have the EZ PDF Reader app.

While the Zenfolio links to the story will still work, this is for those of you that want to have a copy of the story arc "on-the-go" with their various devices. You can put it on however many devices or 'puters you want, once you get the link, all I ask is that you keep the link private and not "pirate" it out to others.

I am asking a $6.99 payment through PayPal. I'm not trying to be mercenary about getting cash, it's more of an attempt to recoup some of the cost of the programs I've had to purchase lately, that's all. Like I said, the Zenfolio links will work for however long I can keep them.

If you're interested, just shoot me, or Lisa a PM and we'll walk you through the procedures in a more private setting.

To the various MODS that may read this: I hope this isn't considered Spam. If it is, please let me know. :)

I tend to ramble. Feel free to put me on ignore.
Important Reading Material (external link)
Wag more, bark less.
Read the current TR Series from the beginning HERE (external link)

BearLeeAlive
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 07, 2012 16:42 |  #865

Hey there Mr Spammer, I want me some. :D

-JIM-

JWright
Planes, trains and ham radio...
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 07, 2012 17:39 as a reply to  @ Becky N's post |  #866

Hey, Dan!

I thought you might like to see the results of the latest Coast Guard budget cuts...

IMAGE: http://johnwright.smugmug.com/Aviation/Coolidge-Breakfast-Fly-In/i-4D2BfFC/1/XL/IMG100-5932-40D-1220703959-XL.jpg

John

puddlepirate44
Cream of the Crop
29,316 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 07, 2012 19:01 |  #867

JWright wrote in post #13844678 (external link)
Hey, Dan!

I thought you might like to see the results of the latest Coast Guard budget cuts...

That's pretty cool. Not too useful in the ol' rough surf, but cool, nonetheless. ;)

I tend to ramble. Feel free to put me on ignore.
Important Reading Material (external link)
Wag more, bark less.
Read the current TR Series from the beginning HERE (external link)

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 07, 2012 20:23 |  #868

Hey, Dan!

I like.

BearLeeAlive
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 07, 2012 21:29 |  #869

Nice puddle jumper shot. My brother, who has his pilots licence, has a few friends with planes this size, and with floats on, all home built. They don't have long range, but they enjoy 'puddle jumping' around North America.

-JIM-

monkeygirl
Life is just a prehensile tale.
4,401 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 07, 2012 21:33 as a reply to  @ Becky N's post |  #870

Hi Everyone. I was able to get home a bit earlier than I expected. The class I am taking is an Excel beginning to intermediate skill level. They started with the basics alright - tonight's lessons - what is a cell, how to use worksheets, how to use workbooks.....I decided I needed sleep more than staying in class tonight (but will be there for the next 2 weeks)

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #13840872 (external link)
Do you get overtime pay then? I know here, you have to have something like 8-10 hours off overnight, or it is overtime. Caitlin has had that happen, where she closes at 11:00, and off at 11:30, then has to be in before 6:00 to open.

No Overtime here, although we are suppose to have 8 hours minimum between shifts. I asked several of my coleads to switch and was told no, they had plans (but I usually switch with them all the time - next time won't do it though)

Harm wrote in post #13840925 (external link)
I hope your day is nice and quiet, then you can rest when you get home!

i've been up and about since 2:30ish this morning. Alexander was a farty/poopy kid, so was a mess all morning, amongst being hungry.

So mum and dad are pretty fubared for the rest of the day :D

Sorry Alexander did not let you sleep Harm. Hope it is better tonight.

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #13842895 (external link)
She is a good employee, they are fortunate to have her. :)

Child Protection Services may want to visit you. :)

Thank You Jim

Harm wrote in post #13843925 (external link)
Excellent! Chief Zoo Keeper I hope!

no, but see below

puddlepirate44 wrote in post #13844287 (external link)
G'MAE, All.

This is more of an FYI for anyone interested in getting a PDF of the Film Noir. We have it set up as a downloadable link, it works great on our computers, Lisa's iPad and my Motorola Xoom, especially if you have the EZ PDF Reader app.

While the Zenfolio links to the story will still work, this is for those of you that want to have a copy of the story arc "on-the-go" with their various devices. You can put it on however many devices or 'puters you want, once you get the link, all I ask is that you keep the link private and not "pirate" it out to others.

I am asking a $6.99 payment through PayPal. I'm not trying to be mercenary about getting cash, it's more of an attempt to recoup some of the cost of the programs I've had to purchase lately, that's all. Like I said, the Zenfolio links will work for however long I can keep them.

If you're interested, just shoot me, or Lisa a PM and we'll walk you through the procedures in a more private setting.

To the various MODS that may read this: I hope this isn't considered Spam. If it is, please let me know. :)

I want, but will have to work off the vet bill first.

New Job - My department is taking over a booth at the entrance and turning it into an information booth. My new job is going to be to set up the booth with all the information I think that the volunteers I will be supervising will need to answer guest questions. I will then train and continue to pass down any new information. Best part is that I will be unofficially getting supervisor experience, that hopefully will get a classified lead position, and the ability to attend the supervisor training classes that are offered by our Human resources department. I will also, for the first time in 23 years, have a fairly set schedule. My Manager and Supervisor chose me to fill this position, due to my vast knowledge of the Zoo, Safari Park (the new name for the Wild Animal Park) and Balboa Park. I am looking forward to the challenge this is going to give me.

The raise is the normal beginning of the year raise based on our annual review, and I received my news yesterday that I got a $.41 per hour raise.

Heather
Gallery (external link)

sponsored links

467,866 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 46th TPBM Random Chat Thread with Sneaux and Fresh Employment Opportunities
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.