Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Feb 2012 (Thursday) 06:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The guy at Best Buy said it was a good camera

Tsmith
Formerly known as Bluedog_XT
10,429 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 09, 2012 20:22 |  #31

BirdBoy wrote in post #13858674 (external link)
I actually got a sick feeling in my stomach listening to this..:neutral:

Looking at your flickr page you'll be alright. Just no cat pictures ... ;)

sponsored links
cbadie
458 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 09, 2012 21:55 |  #32

Ok but seriously folks....what if you were a member of this forum, and you did all of your 'homework' and decide you are ready to purchase. The BB price is just the same as anyplace else and you could go buy it locally. Why not?

Clark
Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24, Canon 24-105L, 50mm 1.8, Canon 70-200 2.8L
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/clarkbadie/sets​/ (external link)
http://photo.net/photo​s/clarkbadie (external link)

Veemac
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 09, 2012 22:08 |  #33

cbadie wrote in post #13859573 (external link)
Ok but seriously folks....what if you were a member of this forum, and you did all of your 'homework' and decide you are ready to purchase. The BB price is just the same as anyplace else and you could go buy it locally. Why not?

That's exactly what I did. Best Buy was close (less than a mile from home) and convenient. The difference from many people who go into Best Buy to buy a camera is that I had done all my homework and then some, knew exactly what I wanted, and knew far more about it than the BB salesperson did.

I don't think that was exactly the point of the OP, though - it was more of a jab at all the newbie photographers who are immediately "professionals" because they came home from BB with a DSLR and kit lens.

Mac
-Stuff I Use-

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 09, 2012 22:37 |  #34

Veemac wrote in post #13859631 (external link)
That's exactly what I did. Best Buy was close (less than a mile from home) and convenient. The difference from many people who go into Best Buy to buy a camera is that I had done all my homework and then some, knew exactly what I wanted, and knew far more about it than the BB salesperson did.

I don't think that was exactly the point of the OP, though - it was more of a jab at all the newbie photographers who are immediately "professionals" because they came home from BB with a DSLR and kit lens.

I knew more about camera bags than the BestBuy person did. ~shakes head~

She did know about camera equipment, though... was telling me about her boyfriend's tilt-shift lens on his Canon and how much she wanted one. I don't blame her there! :)

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

Erik_L
Goldmember
3,160 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 09, 2012 22:46 |  #35

That's why you don't store a camera with the lens off and no body cap - you'll let out all the megapixels.

Canon EOS 1D III
Manfrotto 190X Pro B w/324RC2 "Action Head" | Canon 580EX II
Sigma 20 f/1.8 | Canon 35 f/1.4 L | Sigma 50 f/1.4 | Sigma 85 f/1.4 | Canon 135 f/2 L
Flick (external link)r

vk2gwk
Cream of the Crop
12,965 posts
Gallery: 280 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 09, 2012 23:14 |  #36

What is Best Buy? Never heard of them.... :)

My name is Henk. and I believe "It is all in the eye of the beholder....."
Image Editing is allowed. Please explain what you did!
Canon R5, 5D MkIV 5DMkIII, 50D, 24-105/1:4 + RF70-200mm F/2.8L IS USM + 100-400/4-5.6L IS USM + 50mm 1.4 USM + Sigma 150-600mm Sports + 580EXII + 430EX + YN568EXII, triggers, reflectors, umbrellas and some more bits and pieces...
Photos on: Flickr! (external link) and on my own web site. (external link)

Veemac
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 09, 2012 23:19 |  #37

vk2gwk wrote in post #13860068 (external link)
What is Best Buy? Never heard of them.... :)

They're a "big box" electronics store here in the 'States. They sell televisions, home theater systems, stereos, mp3 players, appliances, computers, musical instruments....oh, and cameras.

Mac
-Stuff I Use-

shallowlife
219 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 09, 2012 23:50 |  #38
bannedPermanent ban

I want my 2 minutes back, what a waste of time.

5D Mark II - 50mm 1.2 L - 24-70 2.8 L - Manfrotto Tripod
My Flickr (external link)
Chris - Excuse my English, I am German.

Nathan
Can you repeat the question, please?
7,877 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 10, 2012 05:57 as a reply to  @ shallowlife's post |  #39

A lot of the time I spend on this forum is wasted time. You wasted time responding to this thread, so add another 30 seconds.  :p

I want a t-shirt that reads "Best Buy School of Photography" on one side and an image of this character on the other. :lol:

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 50L | 85L II | 100L | 135L | 580 EX II x2

JohnPh
I smell like a Shoulder Shrugging Seal
2,464 posts
Gallery: 181 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Oct 2011

Feb 10, 2012 06:04 |  #40

StanNJ1 wrote in post #13854539 (external link)
This is what happens when you buy your camera from Best Buy

http://www.xtranormal.​com/watch/8273105/dude​s-photos (external link)

bw!

ՕFlickr (external link)500px (external link)
Facebook (external link)
serial underexposer
Gear

RHChan84
Goldmember
2,320 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 10, 2012 06:53 |  #41

Hahaha. Because the guy at Best Buy said it was good!

I got my camera from best buy but only because it had a good sale. I knew what I wanted a month before that and I just kept search for a good price.
Their people might not know a lot but a DSLR from Best Buy is going to work the same as the one you bought from Adorama or somewhere else.

Canon (60D Gripped | 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS | 40mm f2.8 | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 F4L IS| 430 EXII)
Tamron (17-50 f2.8 VC)
Feedback
Facebook (external link)

flickr (external link)

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 10, 2012 07:00 |  #42

I got my washer and dryer from BestBuy and found out that the connections, etc., that were sold to me by the saleman came complimentary with the delivery and installation (he insisted I had to pay for them if I wanted my delivered appliances installed in their "free delivery and installation" promotion). :-|

The nice thing was the delivery guy was very honest about it and told me to take the hoses and everything back instead of using them.

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

Erik_L
Goldmember
3,160 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 10, 2012 07:56 |  #43

If you bought a washer and dryer from BB, are you now a professional laundry service?

Canon EOS 1D III
Manfrotto 190X Pro B w/324RC2 "Action Head" | Canon 580EX II
Sigma 20 f/1.8 | Canon 35 f/1.4 L | Sigma 50 f/1.4 | Sigma 85 f/1.4 | Canon 135 f/2 L
Flick (external link)r

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 10, 2012 08:04 |  #44

Oooo... I'm not sure! I know they're two years old and I just walked downstairs and the washer won't power on... :'(

I can't deal with no washer right now... as it is we're putting a new engine in my truck! Ugh!

I want Murphy's Law declared unconstitutional or something - this is ridiculous! (yes, I know it isn't a real law, it's an ironic joke at the moment...)

You can call me Wuzzi

Kento
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 10, 2012 08:08 |  #45

BirdBoy wrote in post #13858674 (external link)
I actually got a sick feeling in my stomach listening to this..:neutral:

Just play it safe and switch to the new Nikon D800. It has lots of megapixels!!

My Tools
-Jesse
Unknown-Studio.com

sponsored links

6,612 views & 0 likes for this thread
The guy at Best Buy said it was a good camera
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.