Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 07 Feb 2012 (Tuesday) 08:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nikon just annouced 36MP camera...

KhaledA
211 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Feb 08, 2012 08:25 |  #46

I was satisfied with the 12mps of the 5Dc tbh, they are enough for my needs, even printing large I can get to 60cm on the long end without problems.
36mp...yeah, no thanks, don't fancy sitting for like half a minute just for each photo to load, that's already 300 minutes wasted each wedding :/ I'd much rather have the high ISO capabilities of the 1Dx.

My gallery (external link)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,026 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 08, 2012 08:51 |  #47

jonneymendoza wrote in post #13841930 (external link)
wished i jumped to nikon. 5dmk2 and 7d is crap

I always respect ones opinion if they actually own the equipment they are not happy with. I really think you should jump to Nikon :D

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 08, 2012 20:00 |  #48

Oddly enough, the MP of the D800 is just about exactly what you'd get if you scaled up the 16 MP sensor from the D7000 to FF size. I wonder if that is what they did.

Tom

YamahaRob
571 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 12, 2012 03:30 |  #49

iazybandit wrote in post #13847845 (external link)
its not all about the megapixels. There are other features that make the d4 better and. Costs more. Just because its more pixels doesn't mean its better.

To me, people are starting to become pixel whores. People think there pictures will be better if there are more pixels. If you are not doing photography as a profession or printing out large images you wouldn't notice the difference from a 16megapixel camera.

I like the d800 and its an upgrade for d700 owners but I would pass. D800 is good for landscape, portrait and wedding shooters. Definitely not sports or fast paced environment.

I know MP doesnt mean squat. Just saying the new 36mp sensor probably will end up in the D4x when it eventually comes out and yes it will most likely have some more features.

Yeah people are becoming mp hoes again. I'm quite happy with 12.

Rob
Nikon D300
Canon AE-1P (it becomes digital when pics are scanned in with a scanner:lol:)

Grimes
Goldmember
1,323 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 12, 2012 19:35 |  #50

I hope this doesn't make me come off too harshly, but most people's actual technical and artistic skills do not take advantage of their current gear. (Other than taking pictures of AA batteries all lined up in a row to test the camera out).

That said, the new Nikon looks like a great camera, and I hope that Canon comes out with something comparable.

Now go fun and take some pictures everyone!

Alex
5DMKII | 85 f/1.8 | 17-40L f/4 | 24-105 f/4 IS | 40 f/2.8

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6,737 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nikon just annouced 36MP camera...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.