Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 14 Feb 2012 (Tuesday) 22:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My Dream website

mike3767
242 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 14, 2012 22:56 |  #1

I shoot real estate photography and was wondering if anyone on here can point me in the right direction. I want a website where agents log on, pay, and download there pictures. Currently I put them on a disk and deliver them to there agency. I hate chasing agents down to pay so it would be awesome if they had to pay prior to downloading there pics. I don't know anyone who does this and it would be great if someone does.

Canon 5D MKII, TS-E 17Lmm, 100Lmm Macro,24-70Lmm, 70-200LIImm

sponsored links
mmcguire
273 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 14, 2012 23:09 |  #2

Smugmug does.

hwrd
58 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 14, 2012 23:26 |  #3

I think PhotoShelter has this capability.

Ronny ­ Geenen
125 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 14, 2012 23:26 |  #4

mike3767 wrote in post #13900031 (external link)
I shoot real estate photography and was wondering if anyone on here can point me in the right direction. I want a website where agents log on, pay, and download there pictures. Currently I put them on a disk and deliver them to there agency. I hate chasing agents down to pay so it would be awesome if they had to pay prior to downloading there pics. I don't know anyone who does this and it would be great if someone does.

Your idea is a way to handle the pictures. I never chase behind a client. The MLS has a time limit of max. 48 hours to upload the pictures for each listing. Agents need the pictures, otherwise they are open to a $250 MLS penalty.
I am a residential and commercial Realtor myself for 25 years and do also real estate photography. I have also an engineering background, which gives me an architectural feel how to shoot the images.
I handle the payments a different way. We make an appointment to meet at the property, I shoot the pictures and before I leave for home to work on the pictures via my computer, I receive the payment. I promised the agent I will bring the pictures on a cd to his/her office the next day.
If the listing Realtor can not be at the home, I take the pictures, check and save the good ones on a computer. Copy them to a cd and listing Realtor has to pay me before I hand that cd to him/her.
I just start finishing my WordPress weblog and you can look at it. Http://LetPicturesTalk​.com (external link)

mike3767
THREAD ­ STARTER
242 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 16, 2012 08:02 |  #5

Ronny, in Nebraska there is no such thing as a penalty. Crazy how different MLS boards work. I'm trying to get away from the CD's. I ran into a problem a while back when an agent wanted the pictures but didn't want to drive back to the office to get the disk. Is there some kind of email system out there to where I could email all the pics? Each picture has to be under 2 MB. I usually get around 20-25 pictures. I really don't want to send 2 emails. Hope somebody can help. If I had to choose between the emails and a website, I'd love to do the website if I can have it the way I want it.

Canon 5D MKII, TS-E 17Lmm, 100Lmm Macro,24-70Lmm, 70-200LIImm

travsirocz
189 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 16, 2012 12:51 |  #6

+1 Smugmug

Dewitz Photography | Eau Claire, WI Portrait Photographer (external link)
Commercial Photography Company | Eau Claire, WI Commercial Photographer (external link)
The Boudoir | Eau Claire, WI Boudoir Photographers (external link)
My Blaze Orange Deer Hunting Culture Book (external link)
$10 discount code for ProPhoto Photography Blog/Website (external link) TDEW2869
Travis Dewitz

Ronny ­ Geenen
125 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 16, 2012 23:39 |  #7

mike3767 wrote in post #13907582 (external link)
Ronny, in Nebraska there is no such thing as a penalty. Crazy how different MLS boards work. I'm trying to get away from the CD's. I ran into a problem a while back when an agent wanted the pictures but didn't want to drive back to the office to get the disk. Is there some kind of email system out there to where I could email all the pics? Each picture has to be under 2 MB. I usually get around 20-25 pictures. I really don't want to send 2 emails. Hope somebody can help. If I had to choose between the emails and a website, I'd love to do the website if I can have it the way I want it.

Mike,
There is a reason for th penalties. I do not how big the MLS in Nebraska is, but our board alone has about 5400 members and our MLS system covers about 115,000 in SoCal alone.
More than 30 RE boards has join our MLS system. About a year ago the Cal Association of Realtors has choosen our MLS system "Matrix" to be the national California system. In a couple of years whole California will use the Matrix system.

Martin.D
Goldmember
2,416 posts
Gallery: 149 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 17, 2012 17:26 as a reply to  @ Ronny Geenen's post |  #8

Have you tried www.zenfolio.com (external link) - has all you need...

Web Site (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Instagram (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D Mark IV + Canon 90D + Glass

sponsored links

1,159 views & 0 likes for this thread
My Dream website
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.