Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 05 Feb 2010 (Friday) 23:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 5D Mark III Rumors

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,806 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 19, 2012 08:51 |  #3181

DarthVader wrote in post #13923841 (external link)
Gear is important but I think it's received way more credits that it supposed to.

Gear and skill are independent of each other.

Better gear won't make you take better photos. But it lets you do more with whatever photos you can take (more resolution = bigger/more detailed prints) and lets you take photos you otherwise couldn't have gotten (better AF = more in-focus shots in AI servo, better weather sealing means photos in harsher conditions).

Similarly, more skill won't let you make larger/more detailed prints with the same camera, nor will it make the camera track a moving target any better, or keep the spray out when you're shooting near the ocean.

sponsored links
5Dmaniac
Goldmember
1,303 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 19, 2012 08:53 |  #3182

It seems that some here will not be happy with whatever Canon releases as the next 5DIII or X. You should just make the decision and switch to Nikon - after all, that what you want - a D800 - isn't it?

Canon will not give you a D800 with a Canon label on it! No matter how much you want it to happen.

I don't see Canon giving you the 1DX features in a 5D body with a huge increase in resolution on top of it. Get real - it just won't happen.

pbelarge
Goldmember
2,837 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 19, 2012 08:54 |  #3183

DarthVader wrote in post #13923728 (external link)
^^^ well if it doesn't make burgers I'll call it a loser too :lol:.

Are you saying I am still going to have to go to MickyD's while using the new 5Dxxx? I thought this new camera was going to be a time saver...:D

just a few of my thoughts...
Pierre

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,806 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 19, 2012 08:55 |  #3184

5Dmaniac wrote in post #13923864 (external link)
I don't see Canon giving you the 1DX features in a 5D body with a huge increase in resolution on top of it. Get real - it just won't happen.

Guess what - Nikon basically did. And they did it back in 2008, with the D700.

Who says Canon won't do the same? Marketing?

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,509 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 19, 2012 08:58 |  #3185

I'm familiar with those concepts, it's not like I started photography yesterday :). My suggestion to you is to buy a set of Nikon as you know Canon probably won't match D800 specs. It's not very expensive and I think it's good experience to learn both systems in depth.

Shadowblade wrote in post #13923855 (external link)
Gear and skill are independent of each other.

Better gear won't make you take better photos. But it lets you do more with whatever photos you can take (more resolution = bigger/more detailed prints) and lets you take photos you otherwise couldn't have gotten (better AF = more in-focus shots in AI servo, better weather sealing means photos in harsher conditions).

Similarly, more skill won't let you make larger/more detailed prints with the same camera, nor will it make the camera track a moving target any better, or keep the spray out when you're shooting near the ocean.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

J_TULLAR
Goldmember
3,011 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 19, 2012 08:59 |  #3186

Shadowblade wrote in post #13923875 (external link)
Guess what - Nikon basically did. And they did it back in 2008, with the D700.

Who says Canon won't do the same? Marketing?

Well I dont want a 36mp, the rumor of 22mp 6.9fps 61pt AF would be tits. We will see I guess, I may indeed switch to though cus canon just keeps gimping their cameras.

Model Mayhem (external link)
Flickr (external link)

EL_PIC
Goldmember
2,028 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 19, 2012 09:09 |  #3187
bannedPermanent ban

Shadowblade wrote in post #13923551 (external link)
Anyone seen this:

http://www.canonrumors​.com …2/5d-mark-iii-5d-x-specs/ (external link)

If this is true, it looks like the 5D3 will be a loser cam (26MP, 19 point AF, only 4.9fps) while the 5Dx will be the real deal (45MP, 61-point AF).

I'd like to see how the weather sealing is, though, and whether a version with no AA filter becomes available.

No such thing as a loser cam just loser gearheads.
The real loser gearhead stands up with more mega pixels, more AF points, more bucks per camera and less creative ability.

If you want IQ, no AA sharpness detail, and Madison Ave Advertising quality
... its MFDSLR all the way and the single center AF point.

EL_PIC - RIT BS Photo '78 - Photomask Engineering Mgr
Canon DSLR - Nikon SLR - Phase One 60MP MFDSLR
http://www.Photo-Image-Creations.com (external link)
http://www.musecube.co​m/el_pic/ (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/PhotoImageCreations (external link)

dgrPhotos
Cream of the Crop
7,501 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 19, 2012 09:09 |  #3188

bfleck51 wrote in post #13923837 (external link)
"The grass is always greener" Sounds like most here wont be happy unless they get all the features of the 1DX in a 3000.00 body....wont happen...if thats what your lookin for you might as well switch now but be ready to buy expensive cf cards to hold the huge files and a new puter to work with them...and if thats not enough...your going to be paying big bucks for nikon glass! There lens line up of affordable glass sucks.

This post shows you are not educated in the Nikon line of products and spread nothing but propaganda.

Sounds like most here wont be happy unless they get all the features of the 1DX in a 3000.00 body

A majority of the features in the D4 exist in the D800 so why not expect a lot of the 1Dx in the 5D3.

but be ready to buy expensive cf cards to hold the huge files and a new puter to work with them

CF cards are cheap, you won't be forced to buy 256GB cards. Any highend system produced within the last year and a half would do just find.

and if thats not enough...your going to be paying big bucks for nikon glass!

This is simply not true across the board, take a look at Nikon 28-300 and compare it to Canon's version which cost almost double.

There lens line up of affordable glass sucks.

You obviously never owned so how can you say this? The 50/1.8G costs $220 and is brilliant, their 85/1.8G just released should be the same at $500. Canon's equivalents don't match them.

Learn the facts instead of just spreading information on things you have no idea about.

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,509 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 19, 2012 09:12 |  #3189

You wish :). An MP3 player would be a great feature hey while shooting landscape (waiting for that decisive moment) you'll have entertainment.

pbelarge wrote in post #13923868 (external link)
Are you saying I am still going to have to go to MickyD's while using the new 5Dxxx? I thought this new camera was going to be a time saver...:D

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

J_TULLAR
Goldmember
3,011 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 19, 2012 09:24 |  #3190

EL_PIC wrote in post #13923923 (external link)
The real loser gearhead stands up with more mega pixels, more AF points, more bucks per camera and less creative ability.

LOL very true! I may just pony up and buy a MF camera as the prices are starting to drop.

Model Mayhem (external link)
Flickr (external link)

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 19, 2012 10:01 |  #3191

jonneymendoza wrote in post #13923360 (external link)
Canons dammed if they do and dammed if they dont.

You lot complain how teh AF system only has one point, now they may give us 40+ and you are still **** and moaning?

pathetic imo

Yeah, you know why? Because I actually owned the 1D4, used it in real situations and it was horrible in low light AI servo. Actually does worse than the 5D2. Have you used one?

I've owned and used the 7D, 1D3, 1D4, D700, D3, and the D3s. So maybe, just maybe, I know what I am talking about. :lol:

GMCPhotographics
Goldmember
2,425 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 19, 2012 10:02 |  #3192

Shadowblade wrote in post #13923551 (external link)
Anyone seen this:

http://www.canonrumors​.com …2/5d-mark-iii-5d-x-specs/ (external link)

If this is true, it looks like the 5D3 will be a loser cam (26MP, 19 point AF, only 4.9fps) while the 5Dx will be the real deal (45MP, 61-point AF).

I'd like to see how the weather sealing is, though, and whether a version with no AA filter becomes available.

Loser cam? not quite with you there....could you expand please?

Regards, Gareth Cooper GMCPhotographics
"If youre happy and honest and fulfilled in what you do, then youÒ’re having a successful life" (Ben Elton)
Gear List GMCPhotographics (external link)

RhysPhotograph.Me
504 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Feb 19, 2012 10:02 |  #3193
bannedPermanent ban

Why are gear head's have less creative ability?
I simply don't understand that logic, as I seen non-gear heads who are crap, gear heads who are crap, non-gear heads who are not crap and gear heads who are not crap...
Ever considered that it might just be possible that a gear heads passion for photography, simply extends all the way down to the tools they use?

Civilisation was born from gear heads!

If you want almost MF like IQ, more DR, Top end AF, High ISO, better controls in a more robust body then it's a D800 all the way, and for only 3K.

Wedding photography (external link)

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 19, 2012 10:03 |  #3194

There's always that house with the greenest lawn on the block. I want to be that house. ;)

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 19, 2012 10:05 |  #3195

GMCPhotographics wrote in post #13924055 (external link)
Loser cam? not quite with you there....could you expand please?

True. I've always maintained that the 5D-whatever will be a great camera if they put a 19 point AF system, perhaps one that is more sensitive than the 7D, especially in lower light, and all cross type, and with other nice features that the 7D has, like spot focusing, etc. Leave the resolution close to where it is, improve the high ISO noise handling by a stop, get rid of the banding/pattern noise, and I would snatch it up as soon as it comes out.

sponsored links

747,344 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 5D Mark III Rumors
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.