Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Feb 2012 (Tuesday) 13:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Amazon Wishlist (Come True?)

D.C.
Goldmember
1,155 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 21, 2012 19:18 |  #16

500 f/4 has been on mine for about a year. HIT me I am READY!!!!!

Duane
7D, 430EX,10-22, 100 Macro, 100-400, 24-105, 500 F/4 IS

My Gallery (external link)

sponsored links
wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 21, 2012 19:21 |  #17

I might have to be a bit more crazy on mine... I was only putting on the stuff I want to complete my kit, some filters, a new hard-drive... :lol:

Most of it I'm planning on saving for and getting over the next year or so.

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

cbknight
Goldmember
1,767 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 21, 2012 21:24 |  #18

Your Welcome.....your turn to "pay it forward". ;)

Craig
4K Photography Studio
[/URL]

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 21, 2012 22:21 |  #19

niceee

Here's my wish list if any of you are feeling extra kind =]

http://www.amazon.com …F8&visitor-view=1&reveal= (external link)

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

csshih
196 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 22, 2012 02:05 |  #20

tnguyen600 wrote in post #13940859 (external link)
niceee

Here's my wish list if any of you are feeling extra kind =]

http://www.amazon.com …F8&visitor-view=1&reveal= (external link)

sheesh, for the lulz I was goning to buy something cheap if it were on the wishlist for you, but sureee, put all the high end expensive stuff...

C

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 22, 2012 06:48 |  #21

Here's my public wish list if you're more frugal... ;-)a

http://www.amazon.com …28MN/ref=cm_wl_​rlist_go_o (external link)

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

JimAndersson
612 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 22, 2012 07:00 |  #22

I've just got to follow this!

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 22, 2012 15:18 |  #23

SYS wrote in post #13939088 (external link)
Nope, my birthday a several months away and my wedding anniversary a couple months past and no, nothing in sight. Even if there were, I know there's no one that I know would do something like this. So I'm leaning more on the idea that there must have been a glitch with the Amazon system -- *unless* there's some sort of a "Walmart Layaway Gift" (remember this?) phenomenon going on except with the Amazon Wishlist!! :)

Maybe your valentine :)

SYS
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
13,958 posts
Gallery: 518 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2004

Feb 22, 2012 15:43 |  #24

dgsphoto wrote in post #13945348 (external link)
Maybe your valentine :)

Actually, my wife isn't too happy right now... :( Since no stranger is crazy enough to just send me an expensive gift, her logic says either I have a secret "valentine" or it's my way of "laundering" the purchase....

Because this "gift" was so odd that I actually did contact the Amazon, and I did get the confirmation that someone has indeed purchased the Phottix set, wanted to remain anonymous, and that the package should arrive this Friday. If the gift is from a family member or a relative, then it wouldn't be an anonymous act for sure, so it has to be a stranger. It's truly puzzling...

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 22, 2012 18:06 |  #25

csshih wrote in post #13941767 (external link)
sheesh, for the lulz I was goning to buy something cheap if it were on the wishlist for you, but sureee, put all the high end expensive stuff...

C

i <3 the lulz but i had those in cart since feb of 2011. I appreciate the thought though

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 22, 2012 18:42 |  #26

SYS - I need your friends!

You can call me Wuzzi

kwando
Goldmember
1,345 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 22, 2012 22:36 |  #27

cbknight wrote in post #13940380 (external link)
Your Welcome.....your turn to "pay it forward". ;)

bw!

~Simon~
My Gear | My Feedback | Smugmug (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1213134

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 23, 2012 01:17 |  #28

SYS,

I can't wait to see how this turns out and (eventually) hear how this came to be. Will definitely continue to follow this thread. I hope you'll continue to keep us informed as this story unfolds!

Bryan

My Gear List

SYS
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
13,958 posts
Gallery: 518 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2004

Feb 28, 2012 16:31 |  #29

UPDATE:

Well, I ended up getting the item in my Wish List -- the Phottix Odin set. BUTTTTTTTTT...... I purchased it myself and NOT as a gift from an anonymous person....

It turned out that there indeed was an anonymous person who apparently was going through other people's public-accessible Wish List. The person apparently liked the Phottix Odin on my Wish List and decided to buy for him/herself. The Amazon folks had never expected someone to go through other people's Wish Lists for his/her actual shopping, so they hadn't set up their system to be sophisticated enough to avoid something as misleading as this. In other words, if you get the pop-up message off your Wish List item link that states that "someone has purchased this item for you," that "you" may not be "you." In order to find out whether it's indeed you or not is by contacting Amazon, have their tech heads shaking after poring through their systems, and then determine, by which name and address the item is being delivered to, whether it's indeed "you" or some idiot who went into your Wish List to do some fun shopping by picking items off of your Wish List links.

So, my apology to everyone whose Amazon Wish List has now gotten about a mile long.... :lol: However, I do wish that your wish would come truer than the way this thing turned out for me. I'm happy and fully consoled now that I ended up having the Phottix Odin nevertheless. I thought that's the least I could do for myself after this interesting adventure. :D

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 28, 2012 16:43 |  #30

Well, at last now life makes sense again.

It is the first time I ever published a public wish list.

That being said - without seeing my wish list, hubby, when watching me brood over "which" macro lens to get, told me that I "need" the one with IS even though it is almost a thousand dollars and offered to help me pay for it (and gave me the change jar on top of helping). :)

So part of my wish list is coming true anyhow, too.

You can call me Wuzzi

sponsored links

2,444 views & 0 likes for this thread
Amazon Wishlist (Come True?)
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.