Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 05 Feb 2010 (Friday) 23:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 5D Mark III Rumors

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,917 posts
Gallery: 1733 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Feb 27, 2012 12:05 |  #4261

NeverFollow wrote in post #13976472 (external link)
Just when you thought the name was put to rest .... Does this mean a 5D III with 22mp and a 5DX with 30-40mp ???

It means 5dx doesn't exist.... yet.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 27, 2012 12:07 |  #4262

jwcdds wrote in post #13976506 (external link)
It means 5dx doesn't exist.... yet.

true, that could be the badging for the mega pixel monster that is being discussed.

NeverFollow
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 27, 2012 12:07 |  #4263

Oh I like the sound of 5D Extreme Max Plus Mark 1

https://500px.com/chri​skennedydotphoto (external link)

wookiee2cu
614 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 27, 2012 12:14 |  #4264

Todd Lambert wrote in post #13976113 (external link)
Pfftt... such BS. What happened to all the 5DX to "commemorate 10 years" blah blah blah...

This just goes to show how nobody in these 5D speculation threads should be getting upset, making plans to switch, etc... since the bile that gets spewed by canon rumors is completely and utterly made up BS.

This isn't really news to many of us, but to those who were getting upset, trying to figure out the name's meaning, etc... you need to realize that this is all a bunch of crap until Canon puts it out officially.

I think it was the Northlight images site that said it was definately going ot be called the 5DX, not CanonRumors.

I was wrong about Northligh Images, it was Kuaddro.

Hardcore
Goldmember
2,668 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 27, 2012 12:24 |  #4265

How can anyone get mad about these rumours. Take them for what they are and have a little fun with it.

Name: Corey
GEAR
Website (external link)

williejr
746 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 27, 2012 12:48 |  #4266

Hardcore wrote in post #13976639 (external link)
How can anyone get mad about these rumours. Take them for what they are and have a little fun with it.

Someone should start a poll to see how would buy the 5DII/5DX with the current rumored specs and price. I bet many would. :)

WA ­ Tiger
682 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 27, 2012 12:55 |  #4267

williejr wrote in post #13976790 (external link)
Someone should start a poll to see how would buy the 5DII/5DX with the current rumored specs and price. I bet many would. :)

Do you mean 5DIII or II as you have said.

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Feb 27, 2012 12:58 |  #4268

wookiee2cu wrote in post #13976571 (external link)
I think it was the Northlight images site that said it was definately going ot be called the 5DX, not CanonRumors.

I was wrong about Northligh Images, it was Kuaddro.

I think you're right, but then everybody else, including CanonRumors jumped on it and claimed they'd confirmed through several sources, that the name would indeed be 5D X.

Now, a real photo emerges, and they're going to spin it as being an "upcoming monster mega pixel model coming soon" BS instead. :roll eyes:

There is only going to be one 5D model... Canon's not going to have multiple models. If anything, the 1D X illustrates this. They are consolidating models and improving them based on image quality rather than mega pixels.

It seems that Canon woke up to Nikon's moves along this front in the past and have moved in that direction instead. Nikon on the other hand, has move to the model that Canon was using in the past.

5Dmaniac
Goldmember
1,303 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 27, 2012 13:12 |  #4269

Who says that the photos we've seen are real? Could easily be a photo-shopped image. I would not believe anything until we get the official announcement from Canon. There is too much wishful thinking out there and someone might just have too much fun with us speculating and salivating.

jemanner
625 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 27, 2012 13:19 |  #4270

I suspect the Canon folks are having a good laugh out of the several speculation threads going now.

Jim

Tonyz
223 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Feb 27, 2012 13:21 |  #4271
bannedPermanent ban

jemanner wrote in post #13976973 (external link)
I suspect the Canon folks are having a good laugh out of the several speculation threads going now.

Or they are crying because the D800 is a far better camera. ;)

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Buylongterm
Goldmember
2,084 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 27, 2012 13:22 |  #4272

Being a fairly new Canon owner, I do have some questions about how Canon typically operates when it comes to releases.

For example:

1. Is Canon known as a company to purposely leak fake specs only to come out with something much better and thus surprise us all? Or are they pretty reserved when it comes to this kind of stuff?

2. Now I'm sure Canon is a very competitive company (especially with Nikon), and I'm sure both companies definitely have a feel for what the other is going to release. So why would they seriously release a camera that isn't up to par (as far as specs) with Nikon? And not only that, charge more? If the new D800 truly amazes people, I cannot see how they could release a fantastic new camera and then Canon lays an egg? I keep saying to myself, If Nikon has the ability to release a 36meg camera, why the hell can't Canon? For the type of shooting I do, I absolutely love the rumored specs and will no doubt be selling my 7D and buying one. But, if your going to compete head to head with your biggest competitor, I would at least hope your specs are somewhat in the same league. Perhaps I'm way to competitive of a person to allow another company to one up me, especially if they released their camera first.

3. As far as pricing. Does canon pretty much stick to the release date price? Or is there a chance the price of the 5D(whatever it will be called) will be somewhat lower on the official release date?

And on side note, Is it me or has just about everyone else had it with Canon Rumors? Seriously. I might as well open up a CanonRumors site myself. That guy is NEVER EVER right about anything, until the actual release date and his 100 predictions finally comes true. Jesus, anyone one of us can do that.

If I'm a betting man, I bet March 2nd comes around and the only thing Canon releases is a new camera strap.

Christian
flickr (external link)
@WerthLiving (Follow me on Instagram)
Canon EOS 5D MK III Gripped | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS MK II |100mm f/2.8L Macro | 24mm-105mm f/4.0L |

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Feb 27, 2012 13:22 |  #4273

jemanner wrote in post #13976973 (external link)

I'm not so sure they are actually. If you think about the affects things like this can have on an un-released product, expectations can get grossly out of line with what their actual product is, etc..

In some cases, it may be better to actually leak info themselves, prematurely, in order to help control what the actual speculation might become.

If their actual product is nowhere near as great as the rumors make it out to be, it can be a huge blow to the impact of the product launch and ultimately the success of the product itself.

dgrPhotos
Cream of the Crop
7,501 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 27, 2012 13:26 |  #4274

Todd Lambert wrote in post #13976855 (external link)
Canon's not going to have multiple models. If anything, the 1D X illustrates this. They are consolidating models and improving them based on image quality rather than mega pixels.

This insinuates you cannot increase image quality and MP at the same time.

Buylongterm wrote in post #13976989 (external link)
Now I'm sure Canon is a very competitive company (especially with Nikon), and I'm sure both companies definitely have a feel for what the other is going to release. So why would they seriously release a camera that isn't up to par (as far as specs) with Nikon?

This insinuates that MP is all that counts.

Need to find a middle ground here. :p

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 27, 2012 13:27 |  #4275

Todd Lambert wrote in post #13976993 (external link)
If their actual product is nowhere near as great as the rumors make it out to be, it can be a huge blow to the impact of the product launch and ultimately the success of the product itself.

I think this is exactly what is happening. The 5d3 (and I think it's safe to call it that now) isn't going to give Nikon any shivers; but the 5Dx which is coming "soon" will the answer to the D800, with "soon" being the only thing worth noting. I don't believe it will be soon enough for a number of people.

sponsored links

746,571 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 5D Mark III Rumors
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.