Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 09 Aug 2010 (Monday) 09:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: How to photograph a high school Senior

this thread is locked
JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,686 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 28, 2012 12:21 |  #6346

No worries, I still like you.

Shane
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 28, 2012 12:23 |  #6347

Tiff, do you visit the deal forums as well? :D

Canon investor

Rich1971
92 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Feb 28, 2012 13:14 |  #6348

skwirnmn wrote in post #13980387 (external link)
hosted on facebook.. pardon the quality

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

edit: holy **** it looks soft. uhh, maybe i'll upload it to flickr.

I really like the picture, I just think she is too dark. Awesome background! She blends in too dark with the background. Cool shot!

Rich
"Yes I am serious... And don't call me Shirley" - L. Nielson
Canon 50d / 580ex II / 24-70L 2.8 / EF28-135/ EF70-300/ EF85 1.8-elichrom 4d lite. Paul Buff White Lightning X-1600.Paul Buff Octa/Strip Bank/Large Softbox

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 28, 2012 13:18 |  #6349

sevillafox wrote in post #13983589 (external link)
Ummmm......yeah....sor​ry. I just got so excited that night and didn't think about it.

YES my order was just confirmed!!!! I went with the boxed set so I wouldnt have to worry about finding the files or downloading 22gb's worth of programs. Itll probably be a while before it arrives.

My wife works in a school and its been 6 days since I ordered. :) Ive been using Photoshop CS which is to old to upgrade to CS5 or the new CS6. And lately ive really noticed the limitations of my version, mostly due to the ram caps.

I went for the production one since it comes with everything I could possibly want and then some. With all our baby movies my wife is really going to enjoy premiere. :) The only problem will be learning to use all this, im sure theres been more than a few changes in photoshop in the last 8 years. :D

Canon investor

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Feb 28, 2012 13:21 |  #6350

JakAHearts wrote in post #13983585 (external link)
That would have been nice to share Tiff. Some of us are married to teachers. ;)

There was a long thread regarding this deal/mistake in the Market Watch forum. I missed it by a couple of hours - got to keep your eyes open!

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 28, 2012 13:33 |  #6351

I visit slickdeals.net once or twice a day. The hottest deals are on the front page. You can find deals by going through the forum but that takes time, but your odds of getting in on the hottest deals before they are sold out are drastically increased. :)

Some people were able to get lightroom 3 for something like $14 with that 80% off the edu version. It would be sweet if photoshop releases the newest version soon enough for us to get in on the free upgrade guarantee they have. but im not counting on that one. :)

Canon investor

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,182 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 28, 2012 14:47 |  #6352

JakAHearts wrote in post #13983767 (external link)

I'm bitter.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

sevillafox
I'm good with pathetic! Really, I am.
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 28, 2012 18:37 |  #6353

JakAHearts wrote in post #13983767 (external link)

YAY!

Chet wrote in post #13984833 (external link)
I'm bitter.

Bite me.

Tiffany
hopeless smooshoholic......I smoosh!

DD974
835 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 28, 2012 18:48 |  #6354

phamster wrote in post #13965194 (external link)
Ty Senior ~ Brick Wall Set up

Seems the set up shots are popular..

here i have Ty son of a close Co Worker of mine..

we have him next to a Brick Wall Denny backdrop.

lighting was 2 lights

1 boomed softlighter camera left @ about 1/2 power
1 Creative light strip light with a grid camera right @ about 1/2 power

CameraCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Exposure0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length85 mm
ISO Speed100
Exposure Bias 0 EV

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/-phamster-/6928364093/  (external link)

Great work CT!...nice studio!....a few questions: Can you shed some "light" on your backdrop systems, brand, where you bought it, how they're setup...and do the vertical support in the center use poles going from floor to ceiling. Is the support system on the left side use the staggered brackets?...where 'd you get them? Thanks!

DC~

USER876
Goldmember
1,616 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 28, 2012 19:18 |  #6355

DD974 wrote in post #13986306 (external link)
Great work CT!...nice studio!....a few questions: Can you shed some "light" on your backdrop systems, brand, where you bought it, how they're setup...and do the vertical support in the center use poles going from floor to ceiling. Is the support system on the left side use the staggered brackets?...where 'd you get them? Thanks!

Here ya go......

https://photography-on-the.net …p=13620524&post​count=5568

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,663 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 28, 2012 19:28 |  #6356

sevillafox wrote in post #13986234 (external link)
Bite me.

LMAObw!:lol::lol:

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

phamster
Cream of the Crop
6,315 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 28, 2012 19:41 |  #6357

DD974 wrote in post #13986306 (external link)

IMAGE: http://i40.tinypic.com/23mvgpz.jpg

Manfrotto 032SET Auto Pole Background Support Set, Two Chrome Upright Poles below:

IMAGE: http://i43.tinypic.com/2zsu4au.jpg

Manfrotto 0456 Background Holder Hooks, holds 6 Backgrounds $58.90 these are the ones on the wall.. attached to the wall and won't allow you to back light very well because your on the wall..

http://www.adorama.com …m_campaign=1poi​nt0product (external link)

Manfrotto 046 Expan Background Paper Drive Set with Red Plastic Drive Chain $57.00 this helps drive the drops up and down.. a requirement with this manfrotto system

http://www.adorama.com …m_campaign=1poi​nt0product (external link)

Manfrotto 032SET Auto Pole Background Support Set, Two Chrome Upright Poles (#2950) $174.90 this allows me to be flexible and can move this around anywhere in my studio. i got this because i wanted the flexibility to put lights behind the backdrop or side back light a subject with a snoot or grid..

http://www.adorama.com …_campaign=2poin​t0Product7 (external link)

Manfrotto 0472 9' Alu-Core, Aluminum Core for Uncored 107" Seamless Paper (#2922) $44.90 used to hold the backdrops up, and is light weight and works seemlessly into the manfrotto system..

http://www.adorama.com …_campaign=2poin​t0Product7 (external link)

here is the long side view of big wall in the studio.. i used 4 brackets to hold up 3 total back drops that are 9 feet wide each.. this allowed me to maximize my step.

IMAGE: http://i43.tinypic.com/e81hr6.jpg

and finally an image from all of this..

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7204/6939852411_37c6e4a24e_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …6939852411/in/p​hotostream  (external link)

"Lighting will make or break your photo"
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Interview with Mike Panic (external link)

mdvaden
Goldmember
2,982 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 28, 2012 22:27 |  #6358

Rich1971 wrote in post #13984188 (external link)
I really like the picture, I just think she is too dark. Awesome background! She blends in too dark with the background. Cool shot!

My mind fights back and forth over the same thing. Sometimes I wish subject's faces were lighter. On the other hand, if it's the evening, more light on the face, like flash, seems like it might take away from the the way the evening felt.

Maybe double versions is the way to go.

:cool:

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,663 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 29, 2012 09:15 as a reply to  @ mdvaden's post |  #6359

Hey Everyone

Thought you might enjoy this. New stuff thats gonna be in Photoshop CS6. Take a look at sneak peek 4:eek:. There is also some tutorials from Laura Shoe on how to use some of the lightroom features. Looks like lightroom 4 is going to be a great upgrade for those using lightroom. Your going to be able to do amazing things with the control panels and the adjustment brushes....you can now brush in White balance affects where ever you might need it.....gonna be pretty cool stuff

Sneak Peek #4 is amazing

http://laurashoe.com …hotoshop-cs6-sneak-peaks/ (external link)

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

charro ­ callado
Goldmember
1,144 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 29, 2012 09:17 |  #6360

Of course, CS6 has to come out almost contemporaneously with the 5DIII/X....must...book​...more....work

sponsored links

2,693,135 views & 2 likes for this thread
How to photograph a high school Senior
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.