Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 09 Aug 2010 (Monday) 09:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: How to photograph a high school Senior

this thread is locked
bobbyz
Cream of the Crop
19,447 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 29, 2012 23:21 |  #6376

charro callado wrote in post #13990385 (external link)
I need more megapixels!!!! :cool:

Pick a MF one.:D. With strobes you don't need high ISO performance.

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

sponsored links
Csae
Goldmember
3,350 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 01, 2012 00:04 |  #6377

jsvphoto wrote in post #13994833 (external link)
This is my only real frustration with the 7D. But it's WAY better than my previous camera (30D). So I can't really complain too much for now.

Would love to make the jump to FF, but can't afford it until the end of this year, at the earliest. Getting the studio space sucked up all available extra funds...

I had my money on him being sarcastic, not sure about you though.

Feel free to call me Case.
CasePhoto.ca (external link) - FanPage (external link)
-Montreal based Photography.

sevillafox
I'm good with pathetic! Really, I am.
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 01, 2012 00:53 |  #6378

<-------- wants the new 5d3

Tiffany
hopeless smooshoholic......I smoosh!

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,702 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 01, 2012 06:41 |  #6379

<----- Wants it too but really, doesnt need it but would really really enjoy that joystick on the grip but then I wouldnt enjoy telling the wife that I got a new camera but then I bet the high ISO is going to be great but then Id want to compare it to the new nikon offerings but ah man, I have a lot of nice Canon glass but really, not that much and ah darn......

Im just going to keep the 5D2. :D

Shane
flickr (external link)

jerefish
Goldmember
1,003 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 01, 2012 07:41 |  #6380

I'll buy a 5d2...problem solved!

Jeremy or jfish works
Canon 7d | 70-200 F/4 L
| 28-70mm f/2.8 L
Flickr (external link) | Website (external link) | Julianne Grace 365

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,929 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 01, 2012 08:15 as a reply to  @ jerefish's post |  #6381

< ------------ also wants the 5D3. But it better have a good AF system and improved ISO performance or you will see

Got a 1Dx
^^^^^^:eek:

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

charro ­ callado
Goldmember
1,144 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 01, 2012 08:15 |  #6382

Csae wrote in post #13995212 (external link)
I had my money on him being sarcastic, not sure about you though.

no sarcasm at all.

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,929 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 01, 2012 08:23 as a reply to  @ charro callado's post |  #6383

Hey Tiff

http://www.teds.com.au​/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii (external link)

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,929 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 01, 2012 08:27 as a reply to  @ umphotography's post |  #6384

.........> http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …+IV&N=0&Initial​Search=yes (external link)

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

phamster
Cream of the Crop
6,315 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 01, 2012 10:17 |  #6385

New topic guys..

Client proofing.
Problem : clients wants certain crops but you don’t want them to come over again.
Solution1: send several crops in email, but this takes too long.
Solution2: set up a smug mug, or zenifold, or similar hosting but they charge you per sale, and annual fee, plus I just don’t like the name smug mug..
Solution3: have custom software installed in your website that have cropping capabilities and business like data base integration, sales report, names, address and real time feed back..
http://www.picturespro​.com/i/photo_cart/demo​/ (external link)
I have found this software and recently purchased it and will give you guys feed back on this...
pretty sure this is going to stream line my flow 

let me know how most of you do client proofing flow..

thanks..
pham

"Lighting will make or break your photo"
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Interview with Mike Panic (external link)

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,929 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 01, 2012 10:25 as a reply to  @ phamster's post |  #6386

Pham

I use photobiz. I really dont see why everyone is excited about smug mug. Your giving up 15% of your gross to sell photos through them.

I have customized my sales cart ( and it still needs work ) where i keep the profits and it lets me have total control. I watermark the images when they are uploaded and Im done. Clients pay on line, order comes to me, i order prints and deliver to client in person.

Here is a link i sent to my son in California. Password is brent, small case letters. Click on a picture and you can see prices and how the cart works. Photobiz is the way to go for me.

http://kwillett.photob​iz.com …ents.cfm?catego​ryID=16747 (external link)

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 01, 2012 10:31 |  #6387

phamster wrote in post #13997189 (external link)
New topic guys..

Client proofing.
Problem : clients wants certain crops but you don’t want them to come over again.
Solution1: send several crops in email, but this takes too long.
Solution2: set up a smug mug, or zenifold, or similar hosting but they charge you per sale, and annual fee, plus I just don’t like the name smug mug..
Solution3: have custom software installed in your website that have cropping capabilities and business like data base integration, sales report, names, address and real time feed back..
http://www.picturespro​.com/i/photo_cart/demo​/ (external link)
I have found this software and recently purchased it and will give you guys feed back on this...
pretty sure this is going to stream line my flow 

let me know how most of you do client proofing flow..

thanks..
pham

My host is SmugMug and they do charge for a pro account and take a piece of sales, but it is totallly worth it for us because of all they do provide. They work with three different pro labs and each has many product offerings for your clients. They handle taking the payment, shipping, taxes, etc... They also make it very easy to customize your website.

Also, if you have a pro account and customize your page you can get rid of almost every reference to SmugMug (and using your own domain will get it out of your URL). If you take a look at our site it doesn't look anything like an average SmugMug site...

And you could just use your SmugMug site for proofing only if you don't want them to take a cut for each sale.

-Wayne
three guys (external link) | flickr (external link) | gear

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 01, 2012 10:41 |  #6388

I heard that smugmug will be joining up with whcc soon. :) and theres a coupon for 30% off, or so my wife told me, I havent seen the email yet. :)

I dont think anyone see's "smugmug" if you set it up right?

umphotography wrote in post #13997263 (external link)
Pham

I use photobiz. I really dont see why everyone is excited about smug mug. Your giving up 15% of your gross to sell photos through them.

I have customized my sales cart ( and it still needs work ) where i keep the profits and it lets me have total control. I watermark the images when they are uploaded and Im done. Clients pay on line, order comes to me, i order prints and deliver to client in person.

Here is a link i sent to my son in California. Password is brent, small case letters. Click on a picture and you can see prices and how the cart works. Photobiz is the way to go for me.

http://kwillett.photob​iz.com …ents.cfm?catego​ryID=16747 (external link)

Canon investor

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,929 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 01, 2012 10:45 |  #6389

ThreeGuysPhoto wrote in post #13997331 (external link)
My host is SmugMug and they do charge for a pro account and take a piece of sales, but it is totallly worth it for us because of all they do provide. They work with three different pro labs and each has many product offerings for your clients. They handle taking the payment, shipping, taxes, etc... They also make it very easy to customize your website.

Also, if you have a pro account and customize your page you can get rid of almost every reference to SmugMug (and using your own domain will get it out of your URL). If you take a look at our site it doesn't look anything like an average SmugMug site...

And you could just use your SmugMug site for proofing only if you don't want them to take a cut for each sale.

Wayne

Glad it works for you. I looked at it and ran all the figures for 2011 sales. I would give up way to much of the gross to justify smug. Just on an at cost print figure, with 7000.00 is sales your giving up $1050.00 of the sale. Thats a lot of money on the at cost figure,,let alone a list list price figure your giving up. If you sell 15000.00 in list price prints, your giving up $2250.00 plus cost of the prints. 8x10's costs are exactly as my lab. I keep the 15%. Plus they get 15% on credit card purchase fees. our deal with photobiz is more than 50% better.

Smug is cute,catchy and offer a lot of benefits.....its the hidden costs that kept me away..........15% adds up.......and thats why they are in business to do this

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

DD974
835 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 01, 2012 10:48 |  #6390

Thank you!

DC~

sponsored links

2,741,363 views & 2 likes for this thread
How to photograph a high school Senior
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.