Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 15th UK South-East "Has anyone seen Wayne?" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
courier
Cream of the Crop
6,674 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 05, 2012 03:25 |  #3886

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #14026037 (external link)
Thanks folks :)

Mat, I commented on facebook - but those shots are great for a first time studio shoot, you must be really pleased - was it a group thing or did you arrange it yourself?

and the "I am" series is really taking shape Richard, I hope Elinchrom are ready for you today! :cool:

Thanks fella. It was a groupon thing - so all the lighting was set up for us but it was explained how/why etc.
I do think i need to work on the skin tones side of things in PP - but i have really just rushed it a bit and freestyled.. with a bit more work/knowledge i think they could look even better.

We can rent the studio for the day - so am thinking about doing it...not sure if anyone here would be interested in doing so? We would have to supply our own models but all lighting is done/supplied in house.

Gear | http://www.hip-fire.com/ (external link) | Flickr (external link)
http://rollinshutter.t​umblr.com (external link)

sponsored links
Jonathan
Cream of the Crop
7,019 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2006

Mar 05, 2012 03:36 |  #3887

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #14025967 (external link)
Morning folks,

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …elt_tip_felon/6​806922928/  (external link)
NHM main hall (external link) by felt_tip_felon® (external link), on Flickr

I've got the delights of a day long meeting today, hope everyone's got something nicer than that planned!

Like this one in BW. Actually, the colour one looks ideal for an HDR treatment if that sort of thing is up your boulevard.

I think my day may well suck as badly as yours! Chin up fella :)

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet" - Winston Churchill

My blog siteexternal link
My Gear List
My Flickrexternal link

souporman
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2011
5,462 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 05, 2012 03:41 |  #3888

courier wrote in post #14026045 (external link)
Thanks fella. It was a groupon thing - so all the lighting was set up for us but it was explained how/why etc.
I do think i need to work on the skin tones side of things in PP - but i have really just rushed it a bit and freestyled.. with a bit more work/knowledge i think they could look even better.

We can rent the studio for the day - so am thinking about doing it...not sure if anyone here would be interested in doing so? We would have to supply our own models but all lighting is done/supplied in house.

Mike?

http://www.evilkitchen​.ca (external link) (365 (external link)) .
500px (external link)
Twitter (external link)http://365.evilkitchen​.ca (external link)

Jonathan
Cream of the Crop
7,019 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Mar 05, 2012 03:45 |  #3889

souporman wrote in post #14026074 (external link)
Mike?

We could not afford him :)

My Gear List
My Flickrexternal link

Dr ­ D
Goldmember
1,417 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 05, 2012 03:50 |  #3890

took a few token snaps - can't wait for the weather to improve soon!

QUOTED IMAGE

Dennis - maternity shoot sounds fun, must be incredible to think it's not long now :D

Love the B&W version Lee. The fisheye adds a unique perspective to a shot I'm sure we've all got in our archives :)

Maternity shoot should be a bit fun. I've been taking a timeline shot every 5-6 weeks for the last 35 weeks and its been real interesting seeing the changes as the bub grows. I'll post a g-rated version on here in a few weeks once the little one arrives and completes the set - the nude version obviously shows all the body changes but the missus understandably doesn't want that one published. Tonight will be a few silhouettes and a maybe a photo or two to keep the facebook crowd happy.

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #14026040 (external link)
it's incredible - some of the photography is to die for, then when you take a step back and appreciate that some of the spectacles have never been caught on camera before it's even more amazing! :rolleyes:

I haven't been in the last few years but there are some amazing shots in that exhibition. I always wonder though just how much help the kids in the junior section receive though.

Dennis
5D2 ▪ 17-40L ▪ 24-70L ▪ 35L ▪ 70-200 2.8L
Flickr (external link)5∞px (external link)photosbydenn.is (external link) [Under construction] ▪ urbex.photosbydenn.is (external link)

futura
Goldmember
1,380 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 05, 2012 03:58 |  #3891

Have you guys thought about hiring models for a locational shoot. Would be a lot cheaper than a studio. Just a thought :)

Various gear
...and most importantly my left eye!
Website (external link)

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 05, 2012 04:31 as a reply to  @ futura's post |  #3892

Cracking shots Lee! :cool:

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

Slapheadyeti
Goldmember
1,966 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 05, 2012 04:36 as a reply to  @ Matt Peters's post |  #3893

Morning folks,

Monday morning is definitely the nemesis of a 3 day weekend :(

Dan - last shot looks great, new lens is always nice, is it the new Siggy version or the original?

didn't do very much over the weekend, apart from a trip to the NHM yesterday (last week of the WPOTY exhibition this week) some incredible photos on display...

took a few token snaps - can't wait for the weather to improve soon!

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …elt_tip_felon/6​806930010/  (external link)
Large Red (external link) by felt_tip_felon® (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …elt_tip_felon/6​806941346/  (external link)
Platform 3 (external link) by felt_tip_felon® (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …elt_tip_felon/6​955006719/  (external link)
Main hall in colour (external link) by felt_tip_felon® (external link), on Flickr

Dennis - maternity shoot sounds fun, must be incredible to think it's not long now :D

I've got the delights of a day long meeting today, hope everyone's got something nicer than that planned!

Nice work Lee. I especially like the first one too. Veyr moody.

Im not up to much today, just trying to work out the Ipad. I havnt got any pics on it yet.

Wayne A.W.O.L.
Canon 5D MKii Gripped, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 24-105 F4 L IS , Canon 70-200 F/4 L ,Canon 1.4X MKii , Canon 100mm f2.8 L IS, 2x Canon 430EX, Manfrotto 190XPROB, Manfrotto 494RC2,
http://www.slapheadyet​i.co.uk (external link) Flickr (external link)

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 05, 2012 04:41 as a reply to  @ Slapheadyeti's post |  #3894

Ah Lee, these two are really great, just love them both.

not up to much here today, editing the Fab Four shots from Saturday which is going to take a while. I'd quite like a day off sometime too :rolleyes:

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Jonathan
Cream of the Crop
7,019 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Mar 05, 2012 04:53 |  #3895

Slapheadyeti wrote in post #14026167 (external link)
Im not up to much today, just trying to work out the Ipad. I havnt got any pics on it yet.

I'll try and get you a list of apps to play with but for starters, as I know you are into your movies, go to the app store and download Air Video then go here (external link) on you desktop (or whatever machine you use for storing all your movie files) and download the server part. Then, with very little to configure, you can stream all your movies to your iPad and iPhone anywhere in your house.

EDIT: You can also use it to convert avi's and mkv's to m4v/mp4 files so iTunes will handle them. You can convert them as you watch or you can just set them up in a queue to convert.

My Gear List
My Flickrexternal link

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 05, 2012 05:08 as a reply to  @ Jonathan's post |  #3896

woo hoo wee break! :D

thanks for the kind comments on the NHM pics folks, nice to see I'm not the only one who loves the place too :D

Wayne - Snapseed & Phototoaster are great photo editing apps, worth every penny! also a camera connection kit is a good addition to your armoury!

right back into the lions den :(

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,904 posts
Gallery: 216 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 05, 2012 05:15 |  #3897

Morning all, Lee great set there putting that fish eye to good use I see. Day off for me after I foolishly said I would take a friend to Gatwickthis morning what they didn't say was I had to et them there for 0400 so I've just caught up on a couple of hours sleep only to find the weather hasn't improved.
Wayne ditto to what Lee said the camera conection kit is a great addition to the ipad.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

courier
Cream of the Crop
6,674 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 05, 2012 05:16 |  #3898

hope this makes sense - any wordpress bods know how i align my text and my pictures so the width is continuous throughout?

Gear | http://www.hip-fire.com/ (external link) | Flickr (external link)
http://rollinshutter.t​umblr.com (external link)

Dr ­ D
Goldmember
1,417 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 05, 2012 05:24 |  #3899

courier wrote in post #14026272 (external link)
hope this makes sense - any wordpress bods know how i align my text and my pictures so the width is continuous throughout?

It'll depend on your template but there should be a CSS file somewhere where you can set the text justification. Change it to "justified" instead of "left"

Dennis
5D2 ▪ 17-40L ▪ 24-70L ▪ 35L ▪ 70-200 2.8L
Flickr (external link)5∞px (external link)photosbydenn.is (external link) [Under construction] ▪ urbex.photosbydenn.is (external link)

ThisOldHag
620 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 05, 2012 05:26 |  #3900

love this b&w shot - detail, movement and the enormous size of it all.

www.CindyLouDale.com (external link)
Read my Blog (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links

702,080 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 15th UK South-East "Has anyone seen Wayne?" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.