Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 08 Mar 2012 (Thursday) 07:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Create CD/DVD from LightRoom or Flickr?

General_T
252 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 08, 2012 07:14 |  #1

Hi,

I have been doing photos for the team that my daughter plays hockey for this year.

So far I have close to 2,000 photos, which I have in 20 different photostreams in Lightroom. I have also uploaded these to Flickr as jpegs.

Someone from the team has asked that I put these photos onto CD's/DVD's and provide them to the team.

How do I do this? I can't seem to find anything within Lightroom that lets me have an option of burning a Photostream onto a disk?

Can this be done either through Lightroom or Flickr?

Thanks

Tony

Canon 5D Mk III | 24-105 F4 L IS USM | 100 F2.8 L Macro IS USM | 70-200 MK II F2.8 L IS USM|580 EX II

sponsored links
aepoc
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 08, 2012 09:12 |  #2

General_T wrote in post #14048650 (external link)
Hi,

I have been doing photos for the team that my daughter plays hockey for this year.

So far I have close to 2,000 photos, which I have in 20 different photostreams in Lightroom. I have also uploaded these to Flickr as jpegs.

Someone from the team has asked that I put these photos onto CD's/DVD's and provide them to the team.

How do I do this? I can't seem to find anything within Lightroom that lets me have an option of burning a Photostream onto a disk?

Can this be done either through Lightroom or Flickr?

Thanks

Tony

Does it have to be on CD/DVD? I'd use a flash drive personally. What you could do is tag the photos in LR with a certain keyword, and then make a smart collection that filters by that keyword, that way all the images you want to use for the CD/DVD are on the screen. Export them all to a new folder on your desktop. Boom, done.

Canon 7D+grip, 40D+grip, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 60mm f/2.8, Canon 28mm f/1.8, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 430ex flash, Canon 430ex II flash
aepoc.com (external link)
flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

General_T
THREAD ­ STARTER
252 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 08, 2012 13:48 |  #3

Hi Aepoc,

I will experiment with that and hopefully get it to work.

Thanks

Canon 5D Mk III | 24-105 F4 L IS USM | 100 F2.8 L Macro IS USM | 70-200 MK II F2.8 L IS USM|580 EX II

aepoc
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 08, 2012 14:23 |  #4

You're welcome.

Canon 7D+grip, 40D+grip, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 60mm f/2.8, Canon 28mm f/1.8, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 430ex flash, Canon 430ex II flash
aepoc.com (external link)
flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

DunnoWhen
Goldmember
1,748 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 08, 2012 14:56 |  #5

General_T wrote in post #14048650 (external link)

From what you stated in your OP. may we assume that you are NOT using Lightrrom 3 or 4.

If you were, I would suggest the following.

• Create a Publish service to export selected images to Hard Disk.
  • Given the number of images to export (and the capacity of CD/DVD), split the publish service into various (smart) collections.
  • Add the requisite images to the various publish service collections.
  • Publish the images via the service.
  • Use your Operating System software options to burn them to disk.

If not.

• Use various combinations of numeric and/or colour ratings to split the images into various groups.(Again for CD/DVD capacity reasons)
  • Export the images to hard disk.
  • Use your Operating System software options to burn them to disk

My wisdom is learned from the experience of others.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 08, 2012 15:31 |  #6

Exporting to a CD/DVD is not available in the 64-bit Windows version of Lightroom.

Otherwise, you can do this in Exporting:

http://help.adobe.com …40-A703-0755A5C04878.html (external link)

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
44,161 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 08, 2012 17:14 |  #7

I'm not familiar with Photostream. While LR cannot export directly to DVD in Win 7 64-bit, there is nothing that prevents writing files into a folder, then simply choosing the files in that folder to burn onto a DVD using the inherent Windows 7 Explorer capability.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 08, 2012 18:48 |  #8

Wilt wrote in post #14052080 (external link)
I'm not familiar with Photostream. While LR cannot export directly to DVD in Win 7 64-bit, there is nothing that prevents writing files into a folder, then simply choosing the files in that folder to burn onto a DVD using the inherent Windows 7 Explorer capability.

Yeah, that's all you gotta do -- it's pretty simple, actually!

Tony
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

General_T
THREAD ­ STARTER
252 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 09, 2012 08:52 |  #9

Hi,

Thanks for all the help.

I am doing the export thing to a folder on my desktop and will burn them from there.

Oh, does it matter about which color option you use during export? (ie sRGB / adobe or ProAdobe?)

Thanks Again

Tony B

DunnoWhen
Goldmember
1,748 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 09, 2012 09:45 as a reply to  @ General_T's post |  #10

Yes.

Use sRGB.

My wisdom is learned from the experience of others.

General_T
THREAD ­ STARTER
252 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 09, 2012 10:50 |  #11

DunnoWhen wrote in post #14055887 (external link)
Yes.

Use sRGB.

Ack.

Thanks

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 09, 2012 13:29 |  #12

Yeah, Tony, for general use sRGB is best because it's "universal". Adobe RGB can be good for some things, like editing for and printing on a printer that can actually produce full results from aRGB, but in general sRGB is "safe" and will look the way you want on the broadest spectrum of monitors, printers, and viewing software.

Tony

sponsored links

2,827 views & 0 likes for this thread
Create CD/DVD from LightRoom or Flickr?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.