Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Dec 2011 (Wednesday) 21:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)

this thread is locked
Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Mar 09, 2012 13:04 |  #5056

nickbunyun wrote in post #14056953 (external link)
hey guys!
i've been AWOL abit in the photography scene but looking to get back into it..

i want to get a wireless remote for the camera... will this suffice?
http://www.amazon.com …/B0019RGQVU/ref​=de_a_smtd (external link)

has anyone tested it yet ?

I have that remote and works great on my 60D...I'm actually pretty glad I got one.

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

sponsored links
Bealzabubba
77 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 09, 2012 13:20 |  #5057

nickbunyun wrote in post #14056953 (external link)
hey guys!
i've been AWOL abit in the photography scene but looking to get back into it..

i want to get a wireless remote for the camera... will this suffice?
http://www.amazon.com …/B0019RGQVU/ref​=de_a_smtd (external link)

has anyone tested it yet ?

I haven't used that one, but this el cheapo (external link) does the trick for me.

But can I make a slightly more expensive suggestion? I mean, I like spending other people's money.

Why not pop for some Yongnuo 603 (external link)'s? They have, to my mind, several advantages, but some disadvantages, over the one you linked (so yes, i have both - actually 2 sets of the 603's so I can use both off camera flash and the remote function):

Advantages:

1. RF vs IR - meaning that the 603's don't have to be line of site.
  2. Greater range
  3. Lets you do other things - you have a speed light, these will let you take it off camera (this is why I bought 'em) at a much lower price point than pocketwizards
  4. Fun! (at least for me) And isn't that why you have a nice DSLR and not just a P&S or cell phone cam?

Disadvantages:

1. Price
  2. You have to run a cable from the transceiver in the hot shoe to the side of the 60D (but if you have multiple DSLR's, all you need to do is change the cable!)
  3. That spectacular Chinese build quality (although the opteka is likely sourced from china too, but still)
  4. I *think* you loose e-ttl if you use this and have your speedlight in the hot shoe (i.e. on camera) - but why would you want to do this if you can move it off camera (n/m - you need multiple sets to do this)?
  5. Bulkier

7D Gripped : 6D Gripped : Gadgets Galore

adivineeternity
335 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 09, 2012 14:12 |  #5058

I own a pair of those YN-603s for my 60D and they work fantastically well. Although I'm contemplating jumping on the 5Dc train and would have the wrong cable if I did that... Hrmmm... Oh well.

I have a flickr (external link)

IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 09, 2012 14:59 |  #5059

Bealzabubba wrote in post #14057036 (external link)
I haven't used that one, but this el cheapo (external link) does the trick for me.

But can I make a slightly more expensive suggestion? I mean, I like spending other people's money.

Why not pop for some Yongnuo 603 (external link)'s? They have, to my mind, several advantages, but some disadvantages, over the one you linked (so yes, i have both - actually 2 sets of the 603's so I can use both off camera flash and the remote function):

Advantages:

1. RF vs IR - meaning that the 603's don't have to be line of site.
  2. Greater range
  3. Lets you do other things - you have a speed light, these will let you take it off camera (this is why I bought 'em) at a much lower price point than pocketwizards
  4. Fun! (at least for me) And isn't that why you have a nice DSLR and not just a P&S or cell phone cam?

Disadvantages:

1. Price
  2. You have to run a cable from the transceiver in the hot shoe to the side of the 60D (but if you have multiple DSLR's, all you need to do is change the cable!)
  3. That spectacular Chinese build quality (although the opteka is likely sourced from china too, but still)
  4. I *think* you loose e-ttl if you use this and have your speedlight in the hot shoe (i.e. on camera) - but why would you want to do this if you can move it off camera (n/m - you need multiple sets to do this)?
  5. Bulkier

Also use the "el chepo" mentioned in this post. I quite like it.

Jason: 60d user. My flicker page feel free to friend or contact me: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/exorimadreamer/ (external link)
www.infinite-garage.com (external link)

OrangeImaging
341 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 09, 2012 15:18 |  #5060
bannedPermanent ban

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Kyle (external link) by Orange Imaging (external link), on Flickr
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Flickr (external link)
Gear

JLPhotography82
410 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 09, 2012 16:10 |  #5061

well i officially have my LR4 and I bought a Pro9000 mark II. time to go out and SHOOT/EDIT/PRINT all in the comfort of my home. ill do printing paper research later on tonight

Life is to short to grow up, have fun, laugh, enjoy the moment, cause a little trouble. Once you're gone you will never have the chance. -macroshooter1970

OrangeImaging
341 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 09, 2012 18:28 |  #5062
bannedPermanent ban

For my Kodak 9250 I use Kodak Gold paper for my 8.5x11"s, and my print quality is great. Wish I could print 13"x19" though. :)

I also just got LR4, I honestly don't notice that many changes in it, a few nice ones in "Develop" (but that's really the only part I use). Are there any actions for CS5 that yall recommend?

Flickr (external link)
Gear

OrangeImaging
341 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 09, 2012 18:36 |  #5063
bannedPermanent ban

todmac wrote in post #14052516 (external link)
Thank you! and welcome!
The canyon shot was taken with the EF-S17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Aperture f/18.0
Focal Length 20 mm
ISO Speed 100

It's a 3 shot bracket (-1,0,+1) HDR done in Nik's HDR Efex Pro followed up with some PP in Lightroom 3.

Any particular reason for f/18? I try not to go above f/11 or so because of diffraction, especially on shots like this where extra-DOF won't matter. What am I missing?

Flickr (external link)
Gear

OrangeImaging
341 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 09, 2012 18:52 |  #5064
bannedPermanent ban

Sorry to own this page: I'm experimenting with PP, how do yall like this?

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_9986_7_8_tonemappe​d2 (external link) by Orange Imaging (external link), on Flickr

Flickr (external link)
Gear

Strontium
Durr?
7,411 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 09, 2012 19:11 |  #5065

OrangeImaging wrote in post #14058892 (external link)
Sorry to own this page: I'm experimenting with PP, how do yall like this?

I like it, a great deal. Could use a bit more contrast, for my taste. But, lovely image.

I am I

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 09, 2012 19:13 |  #5066

todmac wrote in post #14055108 (external link)
Bingo!:)

All the way down to 18 on the 17-55 is going to start to get into the area where diffraction starts to show up, that is why I was asking. What need did you have for a long exposure? At that distance you should be hyperfocal at just about any aperture.

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

abc2000
202 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 09, 2012 19:21 |  #5067

Just received my 60D from CLP!!! WOOOO!!!

Canon 60D Gripped | Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS | EF-S 55-250mm IS | Canon 85 1.8 | Canon 430EX I | Wish List: Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS L II & 1.4 teleconverter

1Tanker
Goldmember
4,470 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 09, 2012 20:00 |  #5068

Str0ntium wrote in post #14059000 (external link)
I like it, a great deal. Could use a bit more contrast, for my taste. But, lovely image.

I agree.. some more contrast... and IME, slightly less vignette

Kel
Gear

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,033 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 09, 2012 20:08 |  #5069

abc2000 wrote in post #14059041 (external link)
Just received my 60D from CLP!!! WOOOO!!!

Welcome aboard to the busiest, generous and funniest thread here on POTN. Not to mention the awesome 60Doers.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,033 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 09, 2012 20:10 |  #5070

watch these two series of video featuring Lighting setups with special effects.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=maM4dWbK0A0 (external link)

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com …NMzjpmEro&featu​re=related (external link)

really awesome and informative! you gotta watch bought though.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

sponsored links

1,277,146 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.